[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have two questions for you! In a week I'm going to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 1191x670
I have two questions for you!
In a week I'm going to play Dark Souls for the first time (essentially). I know I'll like it because I've played the tutorial segment and watched my friend play Demon's Souls. Should I stream it? What kind of build (please be vague so I have room to fuck up) is good for someone just starting and not planning to use a guide at all for any missables?
>>
dont actually play it because it's a bad game filled to the brim with terrible game design flaws disguised by the community as "difficulty"

no, terrible camera controls are not difficulty, it's a flaw
>>
Stream it for fun. Why not? As for starting builds, you wont know how you want to play until you get in there, find a weapon you like, and determine your scaling based upon it.

Just do it. Who cares?
>>
>>319844579
The camera seemed kind of flawed when I played it but I really like the theme, setting, and characters enough to overlook that. Additionally the gameplay is interesting at least.
>>
>>319844778
>Additionally the gameplay is interesting at least.

i guess if this is your first FROM game, maybe
>>
>>319844729
The reason I asked if I should stream it is because I've seen people say they would absolutely love to play it for the first time again so I thought if the response was consistent in this thread I would share my own! I appreciate your advice with the build; with some games a wrong build decision on the first playthrough can cripple your experience so I just thought I'd ask in case there was an element of that present in Dark Souls.
>>
>>319844894
It is. I obviously can't argue any of your points too extensively as I've barely experienced it but I'm sure a game with such a devout following musn't be too rough mechanically, r-right?
>>
>>319844356
if it's your first time, i recoment to go with strength... BUT! skill haves the coolest weapons
>>
>>319845101
FROM has been rehashing this game since '94
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Field_%28series%29
>>
>>319844982
well theres still people out there watching Dark Souls streams, so you never know what can happen. Just have fun, thats all that matters.

I cant comment fully on builds, but most people will go with STR builds or a mixture of dex/str, but again it all depends on your preferred playstyle and what weapon you can find and enjoy using.
>>
>>319845253
That's really interesting; I've never even heard of that!
>>319845115
Thanks! Appreciate the lack of spoilers.
>>319845598
Thanks for your support anon! I was thinking either greatswords, spears, or rapier type weapons.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.