[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, is this not cancelled yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4
So, is this not cancelled yet?
>>
>>319835854
Why would Nintendo cancel a game over a few ungrateful fans?
>>
File: 1434515854677.png (85 KB, 282x261) Image search: [Google]
1434515854677.png
85 KB, 282x261
>>319837418
It's going to bomb
>>
>>319835854
>being a Metroidfag
It's times like these I'm happy to be a Pokémon fan.
>>
>>319835854
I heard the devs take a vacation after seeing the bad reception the game had, don't know too much after that, they will probably gonna wait a while until everyone forget about it existed.
>>
>>319837748
Why would Nintendo believe you and all the other nerds?
>>
>>319837748
Just like every other metroid
>>
>>319837878
>be a pokemon fan
>have to watch your beloved series get constantly bombarded with shitty spinoffs and mobile cancer
>have to deal with one of the worst fanbases in gaming history
>have to deal with an inconsistent dev team that constantly fucks with core game features
F-feels great, man
>>
>>319838363
>Just like other m.
FTFY
>>
>>319838226
I would hope that instead of going on vacation they just take more time to make sure the game doesn't suck, maybe fix the graphics at least.
>>
>>319837418
>few
>>
>>319838882
>Feeling bad about a franchise that gets at least 2 fucking games and at least 1 mainline game every fucking year.
>thinking Metroid fans are undeserving of a better game since they have been shunned for 8 fucking years on a good metroid.
>thinking there isn't a reason to be mad when the metroid game they finally reveal 5 years after the last one is just a shitty spin off that both looks and plays like complete ass.

Imagine not getting pokemon game for 5 years. Then out of nowhere Nintendo announces Pokemon Hey you pikachu 2.
>>
Wonder what it's like to work on a game a lot of people have rejected super harshly.
>>
>>319840046
it actually feels amazzinggg. As an artist or programmer that doesn't have much say but can SEE how terrible their project is at least.

You get to see your producers and execs squirm. Those fuckers are the reason most games are terrible. Their egos are fucking MASSIVE.

Worked on the sims 4. THe entire time the team knew there was a lot fucking wrong with the project but none of the execs and producers would listen. So when it came out and no one gave a fuck about the game it was a big "WE FUCKING TOLD YOU SO" and watching that bitch lucy get forced out was so worth it.
>>
>>319835854
Nobody would have batted a eye if next level games came out with a 2.5d metroid or just a expanded apon Nintendo land Metroid Blast while nintendo said a real metroid was in development.
But no. We get this shit and a week later as if in some form of back pedaling Nintendo says they may have something else in the works for metroid.
Missed the metroid anniversary about 6 years running.
>>
>>319840814
was meant for
>>319840473
>>
>>319837418
>9 out of every 10 people is a few.
>>
>>319840384
Metroid died with Other M, this is more of a revival game then anything.
>>
>>319841098
More like it is a second pile of dirt to throw on the grave.
>>
>>319837418
>few
>dat backlash on the youtube video
>just a few
kek
>>
>>319840814
Why do you/did you work for EA's hell legions? Also, did they take your soul yet?
>>
>>319835854

News in Feb.
>>
>>319840896
This is the thing that I think is ridiculous though. You're basically admitting your problem with the game isn't the game itself but some stuff completely outside of the game.

It's the same sort of mentality that people had when TF was announced, this "all the time you spend working on things that aren't metroid could be time spent on metroid which means it SHOULD be spent on metroid" line of thought is silly.
>>
>>319837418
Didn't the trailer have like 80% dislikes?
>>
>>319841462
I think it was more around 93% dislike
>>
>>319835854
If it is good, we need Metroid 5.
>>
>>319840384
>shitty spin off that both looks and plays like complete ass.
But you don't know how it plays. This is Next Level Games, they don't make games with bad gameplay.
>>
>>319841273
>gameplay/game looks fine
>it's shit?
I don't follow, what looks so bad about this game other then it being a spinoff?
>>
MOAR LIEK FEDORA FORCE
>>
>>319841440
>You're basically admitting your problem with the game isn't the game itself
Saying I would have rather had two better ideas for the game than the shitty one we got isn't a way of saying the game we got had a problem?

Everything in MP:FF Is unbelievably slow. Characters fucking bounce off each other when you walk or jump into each other. Instead of some sort of actual story we get monster hunter without anything that actually made monster hunter good. That whole fucking yeti thing was terrible (including the fact they didn't even use the monster real name). Last but not least, Why the ever loving fuck is everyone some chibi fuck with huge heads piloting mechs when The Fed Forces were just people in suits of armor?

Would you like more? Would be so willing to elaborate why anything I just said isn't a legitimate problem with the fucking game and that anything else I suggested wouldn't have been a far better course of action?
>>
>>319841743
>looks fine
I'm sorry, did you take your meds today?
>>
>>319841724
Because Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon for Wii and Transformers: cybertron adventures weren't terrible games right?
>>
>>319835854
when you think about it, metroid was really on a roll right up til other m. not a single bad game, even the pinball game was good.

but something happened, i think sakamoto's brain started to rot and he became a creepy bucktoothed jerkoff who literally grew out of Metroid and tried to turn it into an adult cinematic experience, maybe even as a fuck you to westerners for making better games than him? idk

but he changed

irreparably
>>
>>319835854
It'll come out. Nintendo is probably keeping it low key for now from the backlash. The 2DS had similar backlash but now people love it. I image something similar will happen here too.
>>
>>319842116
Tell me one thing that you didn't like about this game. Point and shoot games are fine, it sounds cool when you're working with other people too
>>
File: 268.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
268.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>>319842495
Amiibo festival was hated. It received a fuckload of backlash during E3

It launched, people hated it and it flopped.
It will be the exact same shit with FF
>>
>>319842074
I think I misread your post and thought you meant it would be fine if they had another Metroid along with it, like a lot of others suggest.
>>
>>319842803
Well perhaps love is a strong word. IDK.

All I can say is that Nintendo is keeping it low key.
>>
>>319842495
2DS wasn't a bad idea. a great number of people just don't use the 3d on the 3ds. So 2ds was just a cheap 3d to most people.
>>
>>319843953
It was a good idea, though it was essentially fixing a problem that a little foresight could have solved from the beginning.

It just had a dumb ass name and looked weird, which I guess fits the bill for FF.
>>
File: 1434518882378.png (269 KB, 1072x652) Image search: [Google]
1434518882378.png
269 KB, 1072x652
where were you when brad lost his job
>>
>>319840814
>As an artist or programmer that doesn't have much say but can SEE how terrible their project is at least.
You're a fucking retard. Because when shit hits the fan, and the higher ups want to know why the game sucks, the execs and producers are going to point at you, the game designer, to save their own asses. And guess what, you little hot shit? You're the bottom of the pyramid. Print out your portfolio and go find a job elsewhere.
source: i work in the exhibit design industry and it's so corporate i've seen this exact scenario happen
>>
It's going to be a good game

They just want the hate tide to fade away so they can justify it by gameplay

NLG has a great track record when it comes to Nintendo games

Even Dark Moon was still a great and superior sequel in gameplay terms, it's only loss was atmosphere
>>
>>319840896

They weren't going to do Samus 25th anniversary cause they want to save it for 30th
>>
unfortunately it's too late to cancel it. too much money spent
>>
>next level games is now hated only because of very vocal metroidfaggots
Such a shame that these retards have ruined NLG's reputation.
>>
>>319835854
>faggot metroidbabbies mad that Prime is going to get support on the NX instead of right now
I hope that everyone mad about this is a literal child, because the thought of grown men acting like this over a fucking spinoff video game is pretty sad.
>>
>>319848007
>it's only loss was atmosphere
Even that's questionable, I like the atmosphere a lot more in Dark Moon than the original.
I trust Next Level Games. They know how to make a good game.
>>
>>319848432
>faggot metroidbabbies mad that Prime is going to get support on the NX instead of right now
This is really jumping the gun.
There isn't even a console Metroid game in development right now since Tanabe is in charge of the Prime series and outright dismissed that speculation.
>>
>>319849270
No, they outright said that Federation Force is setting up new Prime games, you guys are just being whiny bitches.
>>
>>319849556
In which a few days later Tanabe said that was false. Maybe keep up with the times.
>>
>>319849556
And it's been said that, as far as the director of the series is aware, no games are in development and you shouldn't expect to see a core Metroid for at least three years.

Only dumbasses think that Federation Force is replacing the main games, but at the same time it has nothing to do with how quickly a new Metroid will come. If Retro is more successful with DK and other upcoming projects who's to say that they won't focus on that for the lifespan of the NX?

The best case scenario with Federation Force is that it has nothing to do with when Metroid V or Prime 4 are announced, and the worst case scenario is that it does so poorly the series goes on another extended break until the taste is out of their userbases mouth.
>>
>>319839907
Other m actually sold sell.
>>
>>319850410
> the series goes on another extended break
I doubt this, the Prime series I know we won't see for a very long time may skip the NX entirely the main series on the other hand may still get a game either on the 3DS or NX one or the other.
>>
>>319851669
It depends on if they give Sakamoto another shot after Other M.
He also directs Tomodachi, Rhythm Heaven and WarioWare too.
>>
>>319850410
DAII sold well, what is your point?
>>
>>319852578
The fact that Tanabe says he's still in charge of the series tells me Nintendo still holds him in high regards.
>>
>>319838363
No just like other M
>>
>>319842325
Sakamoto couldn't deal with the fact that another studio manage to revive Metroid in such a successful way as Retro did with the Prime series, even worst it was an American studio that was handed the franchise out of pity. So he went full retard with his own vision of how Metroid and Samus should be portrayed with that fuck up that is other M. Going as far as changing the time line just to fuck with the Prime events canon.
>>
>>319850585
So well that it send Samus into hypersleep
>>
>>319854739
This, he originally planned for Super Metroid to end the series. Sakamoto only continued it when he found out Retro was making the first 3D Metroid. Not to feel outdone he decided to make the Wario Land Team the new Metroid Team to make Fusion. It didn't help that he changed the story so that the Chozo were the ones who created Metroids, this made Retro re-write parts of Prime's story to compensate.
>>
>>319855136
what proof do you have
>>
>>319855438
http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2015/12/super-metroid-10-facts-every-bounty-hunter-should-know/6/

"After Super Metroid, fans had to wait eight years for another Metroid game, in large part because Yoshio Sakamoto considered Super Metroid the series’ grand finale, he was open to using Samus again in a different sort of game, but Samus’ struggle against the Space Pirates and Metroids was supposed to be done. In the early-2000s Nintendo and American developer Retro Studios began work on the first-person Metroid Prime, so Sakamoto made Metroid Fusion so as not be shut out of the series he co-created. Fusion wasn’t quite the experience fans were expecting, though, as it mostly did away with the open world and non-linear progression of past games in the series. The Metroid series has continued on in name, but in many ways Super Metroid was truly the last of its kind."
>>
>>319855758
That says nothing about Prime being rewritten. I thought the Chozo creating the Metroids was canon in the first place.
>>
>>319855927
No it wasn't before Fusion Chozo were just a parasite that existed on planet SR-388. The answer your Prime question, all of the Space Pirate Logs were rewritten along with the Chozo Lore.
>>
>>319855927
My memory is a bit fuzzy but I think this is how it went. Retro releases Prime saying that Metroid Prime came with the leviathan, and then Fusion said that the Chozo made the Metroids so that couldn't have been the case. Every version of Prime after that like Trilogy has a rewrite saying Metroid Prime wandered into the leviathan.
>>
>>319856668
This.
>>
>>319855927
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470310

This also suggest that Prime was originally set after Super.

Read the Giant Metroid part, you may see a very familiar picture.
>>
>>319844178
what was this about?
>>
>>319856662
Sorry I meant that Metroids weren't originally a parasite found on SR-388 my mistake.
Damn Keys
>>
>>319858720
Late night, Metroids were originally parasites found on SR-388.
>>
>>319858797
It's okay anon, I knew what you meant
>>
>>319841375
Are you the dude who damage controlled during E3?

Looking forward to seeing both Federation Force and that other Metroid game and Splatoon 3DS game.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.