[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do we start giving up on Rockstar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: rockstar-1024x1024.png (65 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
rockstar-1024x1024.png
65 KB, 1024x1024
When do we start giving up on Rockstar?
>>
When they start making bad games

>nb4
>>
>start
>>
>>319833871
GTA 4 and 5 sucked. Red Dead Redemption was their last good game.
>>
>>319834450
meh, La Noire was quite unique.

and in no universe is GTA V a bad game. it's underwhelming at the least, a glorified open world masterpiece at best
>>
If I can get their game day 1 for 30 bucks again I'll deal with their bullshit. Still assblasted about GTAV suddenly being online only.
>>
Bully 2 needs to happen.
>>
As soon as they start supporting PC with more than just years old ports. Ever notice how all the developers who make console+PC games make bad games? Rockstar is better because they're console first, PC last, and even better if they're console only (RDR).

Ground Zeroes was great; it had a delayed PC version. TPP was a disappointment; it had a simultaneous PC release. Refuse this.
>>
>>319834812
It was a mediocre game,but a steaming pile of shit for a gta game.
>>
We already did.

Like many other developers, R* hollowed and became a money crazed beast. A dev's mind stays sharp when their source of income is limited to unique, one-time purchases. They have to craft the product and their image with care so as many people make that purchase as possible.

But then annual releases and/or microtransactions like in R*'s case are discovered. All creativity, passion, and PR goes out the window when the dev realizes it can indefinitely milk money from mindless plebs with little to no effort.
>>
>>319837576
Oh yeah, I'm sure FIVE fucking GTA games in a single fucking console generation was Rockstar "cautiously developing a niche game for the most intricate of tastes."
>>
>>319833871
when they make a bad game
>>
>>319836364
>Rockstar is better because they're console first, PC last, and even better if they're console only (RDR).

Well, I'm sorry to tell you but GTA V was console only too. Rockstar did not make the PC port, they outsourced it to some slavs.
>>
>>319836364
>TPP was bad because of PC, duuurrrrr
>not Konami cutting funding after changing their CEO and business acumen

You really can't be this stupid, and I think the funny part is that you're actually going to defend that PCs alter development in anyway when the architecture is EXACTLY THE SAME.
>>
>>319833871
>Online is plagued with hackers
>when they finally take care of the hackers, they also hit anyone associated with them, meaning if you were in their public lobbies or missions, you're also hit with a ban
>they'll never tell you why you're banned either

But hey, YOU READY FOR THAT NEW USELESS UPDATE THAT LETS YOU GET A FUCKING YACHT?

BECAUSE EVERYONE GAVE A SHIT ABOUT BOATS.
>>
>>319839752
GTA5 was initially released in 2013
next gen consoles got it in 2014
PC got it in 2015

Bloodborne was announced, developed, and released in that timespan. If that's not PC last, I don't know what is.

>outsourced the port to slavs

That explains why it ran so well, unlike 4 and literally every other Rockstar port.
>>
>>319839992
wew lad
nice lies

I've been in lobbies with hackers and I've never been banned. If you're not a cheating retard that asks them to drop you millions of $ and tanks and airplanes, you're fine.
>>
>>319840272
Did you misread my post? I was saying that GTA V was console-only on Rockstar's part. They had no involvement with the PC version.

I was merely debunking that faggot's theory that console-exclusive rockstar games = amazing (even though I do find GTA V amazing).
>>
>>319840329
They throw you in a cheating pool if you play missions with people who spam teleporting.
>>
>>319833871
when you stop being autistic.
>>
>>319833871
when they stop releasing games to focus on updating only one that has micro transactions
>inb4
>>
>>319840525
They really don't. Or at least, not anymore. I played with some fag that was instantly killing every enemy on the mission the other day and nothing's changed.
>>
>>319840447
>They had no involvement with the PC version.

Do you have source on that? I thought RS North themselves handled the PC version, when they usually outsourced it to RS Toronto.
>>
>>319838736

Still better than no new games or even announcements since 2013.

And I dare you to say that Vice City was bad because it came out just a year after III.
>>
Is GTA Online still alive?
>>
>>319840765
Find friends to play with, stay away from public lobbies, quit out a mission if someone starts hacking and report them.
>>
>>319833871
well they haven't made a good game since vice city
>>
>>319833871
Why?
GTA V was good.
>>
>>319840765
31k players on Steam, yeah I'd say it's pretty alive.
>>
>>319833871
Why?
Honestly I think GTA V has some of the best open world mission design ever, multiplayer included. It's extremely interesting when you notice how they came up with solutions to make heists work and keep players occupied at all times.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of filler in the story either, although it felt kinda rushed in the end.

It's also a technological achievement. Looks good and runs amazingly well while having good draw distance, has frankly impressive physics and the best gameplay yet.
>>
>>319840765

Yeah, played it yesterday.
>>
>>319841085
GTA V is everything that's wrong with modern vidya
>>
>>319842881
Except, you know, no season pass, no DLC, no episodic releasing, no censorship...
>>
>>319844352
>>319844352
i meant the game itself you douchenozzle
>>
>>319834450
I don't think GTA IV sucked. Long time fan, too. It's one of the best games ever released.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.