[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: super mystery dungeon pokemon.jpg (456 KB, 1500x1338) Image search: [Google]
super mystery dungeon pokemon.jpg
456 KB, 1500x1338
I just beat this. This was fucking amazing.

GAME OF THE YEAR
Witcher, Undertale, and MGSfags BTFO
>>
>>319824031
I agree.
>>
why wasn't there a happy ending
I demand a happy ending
>>
>>319826291
There are places for that.
>>
When does the game pick up? Just unlocked the ability to travel to different continents and the game is still piss easy.
>>
File: Born_to_feel.jpg (32 KB, 428x500) Image search: [Google]
Born_to_feel.jpg
32 KB, 428x500
>>319826291
>credits roll over main character sobbing under a tree
> someone okayed this for a kids game
>>
I was disappointed

My favorite part about pokemon games are raising my weaklings into unstoppable gods and the exp rate is so ungodly slow that it's pretty much impossible. The game forces you to use the high level fuckers it gives out like candy
>>
>>319827000
Vitamins + Water Looplet
>>
>>319826821
I was going to say Chapter 6 but if you can already go to different continents and still aren't enjoying it you probably aren't going to like it. I thought it was hard, personally.
>>319827000
>not just not using the high level Pokemon and using items to save your ass at every turn
Its more fun to put yourself in dangerous situations anon. Low leveled Pokemon only.
>>
>>319826821
If it's easy you're probably good at it or picked the right starters. Since most enemies can 2 shot you, making a single wrong move can often be a game over. I'm only saying this because a lot of people claim to have major trouble with some earlier parts like Poliwrath River

That said, you're still in the easier half of the game are have a number of difficulty spikes ahead though, such as Unburden Drifblim's FUCK YOU Mountain
>>
>>319827219
I've played over 35 hours and took my starter and partner on practically every mission. Main is only level 36 and partner is 32
>>
>>319827390
Well I didn't say it'd solve your lack of leveling. That is one of Super's problems. Leveling is slow as fuck. But I don't think the game really forces you to bring along high levels is all I'm saying.
>>
>>319827390
>just got different continents
> main is 36
Your talking out of your ass. Most people finish the game at 22 or 23. I beat it at 27 and thoughthe I was overleveled. The game doesn't even give you enough free reign to level up that high by that point of the game
>>
>>319827610
I quit playing because I got to the point that all available missions were in dungeons where enemies would literally one hit both me and my partner with any attack
>>
>>319827715
The fuck are you talking about? I beat the game and epilogue and have almost half of the pokemon
>>
File: rick.png (267 KB, 478x561) Image search: [Google]
rick.png
267 KB, 478x561
Look, I haven't touched this since Red Mystery. Except for a small attempt at Sky that ended with anger and Bidoof.

Be honest with me. Is it worth getting? Does it do anything new compared to Red? How's the multiplayer?
>>
>>319827898
My bad, thought you were the same guy respondin back who just got to continenthe travel
>>
>>319827715
I'm the guy who just unlocked different continents. Main is level 22, but I've only been going into dungeons to complete missions.
Do you have to intentionally stay under leveled for the game to be challenging? I've only played shiren before this.
>>
>>319828094
>Does it do anything new compared to Red
Negatives:
>long ass tutorial
>normal attacks now do next to nothing in damage
>leveling is slower than ever
Neutral:
>recruit members by completing quests
>dungeons are typically no longer than 8 floors in size
Positive:
>Story is more complex and detailed than ever
>Game forces you to use items a lot in combat, as enemy Pokemon are typically stronger than you
>Longer than Red/Blue Rescue Team
>Can recruit all 720 Pokemon
>dungeons are larger in size and in general more difficult to get through

>how's the multiplayer
Its mostly the same, only now rescue teams helping you out when you fall can send you items that they're carrying if they want to make your dungeon travels easier.
>>
>>319824031

Is it really that good?

I bought etrian mystery dungeoun as a humongously blind etrian faggot and I hated it. Is this any better? Etrian mystery dungeous was my first foray into this series and admittedly I don't think I really knew what I was getting into.
>>
>>319829701
I've never played Etrian Mystery Dungeon but I always heard here that it was mediocre, while people generally praise the PMD games, with the exception of Gates to Infinity. What do you dislike about Etrian Mystery Dungeon? That might help me better answer your question.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.