[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: What's the argument for buying a console?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: smug frodo.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
smug frodo.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
Serious question: What's the argument for buying a console?
Sometimes I hear "exclusives," but all that means is:
>CoD clones
>sports games
>"cinematic" QTE games
>JRPGs that are literally identical to one another except reskinned
>>
I don't know, why did people buy a PS3?
>>
>>319812670
I've got enough money to burn to buy every modern console for their exclusives and I have a decent PC for any multiplats/emulation. There's basically not a game I can't play.
>>
>>319813183
I definitely don't want to play every game, since most aren't good
>>
>>319813467
I absolutely agree with you there
>>
>>319812670
I dunno op I just bought mine because I got it for less then 120 dollydoos so I'm a cheap cunt when it comes to buying shit. Consoles are pretty cheap if you know where to look.
>>
Typically the argument is something like PC is expensive, have to replace hardware, etc.

They're very grossly uninformed arguments, so I suppose the real reason is "I am too stupid or lazy to improve my own hobbies."
>>
>>319812670
Such shit bait
>buttmad PKek detected who will never play Red Dead Redemption, Demon's Souls, or Bloodborne
>>
>>319813729
Or maybe it's because no worthwhile PC exclusives have been released in 5+ years retard.
>>
Nintendo games
>>
>>319813786
>not wanting to play Demon's Souls/Bloodborne with a consistent framerate
>not wanting to play RDR without relying on autoaim to play it for you
>>
>>319813729
Sensing a lot of hostility in this post
>>
>>319814103
>playing RDR with autoaim anyway
Who even does that? Autoaim is shit because it forces you to center your shots and miss out on the fun reactions you get from the groin, leg, knee and even face shots. Their reactions are on par and even above that of GTA IV
>>
>>319812670
Convince me to get a PC and I'll consider it.

>would only connect it to a tv anyway
>would use a gamepad anyway
>dont care about old rts or old crpgs
>dont care about optimal fps or resolution because its not like games look bad on a console, just not as good
>dont even bother modding the pc games I do play
>most of my favorite games are either console/handheld exclusive or only have a really shitty PC port
>>
>>319812670
>Serious question

Don't lie.

You intended for this to be a shitflinging thread from the beginning.
>>
>>319812670

A little thing called personal preferences. I have a PC designed for high-end gaming and while I do enjoy it, I definitely spend most of my time playing games on console. I have a PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii, 3DS and Vita, and honestly I spend most of my time on the consoles rather than anything. This is likely because the first time I played a video game was on PS1; Crash 2, then Sonic 2 on Megadrive. Crash 2 remains my favourite game of all time. I honestly prefer FPS games on console, and RPGs, third person games, etc too. Having said that, one of my favourite series is Total War and the idea of that series on console is laughable. They just couldn't cope.

The moral of the story is THEY'RE JUST GAMES HOLY SHIT IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU PLAY THEM ON THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FOR FUN
>>
File: pepe devil.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
pepe devil.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>319815998
>>
>>319814109
get fucked, nigger
>>
>>319817413
eat a dick fuck knuckle
>>
File: 1448305922740.jpg (63 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
1448305922740.jpg
63 KB, 878x814
>people get suckered into buying multiple consoles
>>
IDORT
D
O
R
T
>>
I buy consoles for exclusives like Bloodborne, Splatoon and Monster Hunter. There's plenty of other exclusives of varying quality, and plenty of games like Dragon's Dogma I'd rather not wait three years to play. I have an old PC, so I usually get to play the biggest PC exclusives of the year; most people can play Undertale. Better graphics or barely noticeable improvements in FPS mean next to nothing to me. It's just things like the occasional graphically demanding RTS I might miss out on.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.