[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there no sequel starring Rosalina?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11
File: Super_Princess_Peach.jpg (90 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
Super_Princess_Peach.jpg
90 KB, 500x447
Why is there no sequel starring Rosalina?
>>
My guess is they weren't satisfied with sales of the first game.

>starring Rosalina?

Fuck you. We don't need that slut in more games.
>>
Nintendo thought every girl/woman loved Peach (and they still do) and the game didn't meet sales expectations.
>>
>>319805973
I would that Hammer Bro.
>>
I dunno but I had fun with it, not every game is destinied to have a sequel, let's just enjoy what we have.
>>
Fuck that, when are we getting a Starfy 6?
>>
>>319805973
It was sexist.
>>
It was a game marketed to girls and surprise, it didn't sell despite being a solid game.
I'd love a sequel but it will never happen.
>>
>>
File: not amused.jpg (33 KB, 680x490) Image search: [Google]
not amused.jpg
33 KB, 680x490
>>319805973
>No Super Princess Friends starring Peach. Daisy and Rosalina
>>
>There will never be a Rosalina + Starfy game where Starfy helps her rescue the lumas
>where you collect starbits (instead of coins) to unlock the special abilities and minigames etc...

why live
>>
To answer the spoiler, she doesn't need one.

To answer the core question, it's because Nintendo hates me even though what essentially amounts to a GBA title sold over a million copies.
>>
>>319805973
Because rosalina a shit. A SHIT
>>
>>319805973
Cause the game didn't do well the first time.
Cause Rosalina isn't a princess.
>>
I'd rather have a RPG where you can use Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina.
>>
>>319805973
She's not a princess.

You can have a sequel with Daisy, Zelda or Lucina, though.
>>
>>319807206
When are we getting fan-translations for older Starfy games?
>>
Really enjoyed this game, it completely took me by surprise. Although it isn't perfect and much too easy, but a sequel could fix those flaws

I've heard many feminists say that it's a bad example of a female protagonist in gaming, and I just don't get it. What the fuck do they want? Will nothing please them?
>>
>>319805973
>always wanted this game
>wasn't secure enough to buy it or ask for it on my christmas/birthday list
>costs a fortune now
>>
>>319815205
What are you talking about? It's quite cheap. Also flashcards exist too.
>>
File: Ch7_3.png (62 KB, 416x240) Image search: [Google]
Ch7_3.png
62 KB, 416x240
>>319813825
>She's not a princess.

She is though. The storybook all but outright states she's Peach's ancestor(Great^(n) Auntie).
>>
>>319806676
Daisy fag spotted.
>>319805973
>peach fights with her emotions
think of the butthurt this would cause if it came out now.
>>
>>319816642
Anita was bitching about it.
>>
>>319805973
Fact: feminists hated this game on release becaus it was a woman who used her emotions as a weapon.
>>
>>319816642
>peach fights with her emotions

Considering she's the character who can actually control her emotion? The only people who would be butthurt are morons who don't want to take into account context and implementation and would rather just bash the concept.
>>
>>319805973
Because it had a story and was building too much lore in one game
>>
>>319817182
>thinking people care about context when they are pushing their agenda
>>
>>319817006
She goes to an island where everybody's emotions are going out of control, the enemies, the bosses, the people, etc. And she is the only one who is strong enough to control them and use them to her benefit

Do feminists even play the games they complain about?
>>
>>319817006
I can see where that argument comes from if you look at the game on a surface level, but isn't advocating for a style of gameplay that at least mimics "emotional intelligence" ultimately a, novel and b, actually feminist?
>>
File: VibeScepter.png (493 KB, 507x604) Image search: [Google]
VibeScepter.png
493 KB, 507x604
>Vibe Scepter
>>
>>319817367
Its not like the island was real and Nintendo had to put Peach on it.
Nintendo made a conscious decision to make Peach's game about Ber emotions instead of anything actually interesting
>>
File: man-laughing-661x349[1].jpg (44 KB, 661x349) Image search: [Google]
man-laughing-661x349[1].jpg
44 KB, 661x349
>mfw the ending was literally about a dildo
>>
>>319816930

>peach finally gets a game starring her
>feminists still complain

fucking hell can't please them no matter what you do
>>
File: 2134.jpg (22 KB, 439x598) Image search: [Google]
2134.jpg
22 KB, 439x598
>>319817539
>your mom might have one
>>
>>319817520
I think using emotions as powerups is a pretty interesting idea. I've never seen a game use that as a main mechanic before

I especially liked how some of the enemies would be overcome by their emotions in move in weird erratic patterns depending on which emotion it was
>>
>>319806676
that is some shit taste. You can tell when they're asshurt when they use the word slut. Reminds me of when kids used to say "bitch" all the time in high school.
>>
File: inside-out-651.jpg (182 KB, 651x390) Image search: [Google]
inside-out-651.jpg
182 KB, 651x390
>>
>>319813414
>born in a castle like peach
>peach for a mom
>crown on both

yeah, okay.
>>
File: Story Book.png (34 KB, 416x240) Image search: [Google]
Story Book.png
34 KB, 416x240
>>319817997
>peach for a mom

That's incorrect, if Peach was Rosalina's mom then Rosalina would be wearing Peach's crown. As Rosalina doesn't wear a crown until her mother dies.
>>
>>319818446

A GAME THEORY
>>
>>319818446
Except Rosalina's crown is silver, and the mom there is wearing gold, just like Peach. Furthermore, she has spiked hair ends like Peach. She also has Peach's exact blue earrings. We've been through this. There's more for the theory than against it.

When Rosalina started wearing her crown isn't shown at all
>>
>>319817006

So they got... Emotional?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.