[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did something in your life ever happen to make you stop playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (212 KB, 598x442) Image search: [Google]
image.png
212 KB, 598x442
Did something in your life ever happen to make you stop playing video games for a while? What was it?

Have you ever gotten burnt out and didn't feel like playing games for a few months or years?

I'm not currently playing any game but I still follow the news. There are games coning out next year I will probably pick up but as a whole even though I still like talking about games nothing seems worth playing to me right now.
>>
>>319802564

From 2010-2014 I didn't really care. I thought the industry was shit. I promptly realized I was wrong and that there's been some good games I missed out on. EA made me lose faith, but there's cool indieshit. I bought a PS4 and I'm happy about it.
>>
>>319802564
We're kinda in the same situation anon.

Before, I'd use vidya to procrastinate study, but then I'd procrastinate vidya too. I found myself lying in bed, thinking of ways to kill myself without fucking up someone's day by having to clean blood off walls or making people miss their trains.
>>
>>319802564
>Did something in your life ever happen to make you stop playing video games for a while? What was it?
Coming to 4chan. I'm still here and I'm still spending more time here than playing video games.

Help.
>>
>>319803027

I think about this a lot too even though I don't really want to kill myself, I just think about it all the time.
>>
>>319803027

You feeling better now?
>>
>>319802980

My first loss of interest was around 2007 to 2010. I felt burnt out on all the shooters and had to rediscover old genres I enjoyed to get back in the scene.
>>
I go in cycles. Usually have 3 main things I do: guitar, vidya, anime. When I start getting bored in 1, the other 2 get more priority. This switches constantly but at a slow rate. Currently anime is taking a backseat to vidya and guitar. Vidya is actually at 80% of my spare time right now, which has been rare since leaving my parent's house.
>>
>>319803027

And the procrastinating vidya is something that really resonates with me too. I have a stack of borrowed games that I really did/do want to play that I can't really bring myself to play.
>>
>>319804129

Wow, I alternate between those 3 as well. Saving up for new pedals and gear, watching anime/netflix, and playing games, and it's always significantly more of one than the other. Right now it's not really any though. But that's mostly because I just fucked up my life a little bit and I haven't totally recovered from it.
>>
>>319804129

Same here. Except I prefer older Horror movies over anime. I'm constantly torn between wanting to pursue a career in music or a career in film. Being partially Jewish, I feel like I could have decent success in whatever I choose. They're both difficult, though. Ever think about that?
>>
>>319804430
Right on man. I quit worrying about saving up for better stuff since I know Im not going anywhere with my playing, so I settled for a decent modeling amp and a vintage SG and stuck to them.

Keep on keepin on anon, there's a high after every low.

>>319804724
Funny enough, I work in TV, am deciding between working in music, TV/film, or computers. Glad I still have time to decide because I'm taking classes at a community college for now.
>>
>>319805046

That's pretty cool. How'd you get started working in there?
>>
>>319805115
Luck. I knew someone who worked here, got a good recommendation, and now it's been 2 and half years and I've got a nice little IMDB page of worthless credits.
>>
>>319802564
I completely stopped caring about videogames before going to university.
It was 2007, imagine how horrified by the new state of the industry I was when I got back into it 5 years later.
>>
I couldnt keep up with all the releases. Last new game I bought was Final Fantasy Curtain call and i havent been comfier. Other than that its been one game a year. Been able to work on my backlog though.
>>
>>319803729
It's a good way to keep yourself entertained, people say it's healthy but I don't know about that part.

>>319804160
The only thing I want to do is to play fucking Splatoon, but for some reason I do everything I can to avoid it.

I've lost 2 Splatfests now.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.