[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: header.jpg (38 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
38 KB, 460x215
What went wrong?
>>
You not getting good.

But the new soundtrack does suck compared to the original.
>>
It just had a terrible launch. It's good now.
>>
>>319799752
Nerfed things because they were too fun, having broken runs sometimes can be fun too Edmund.
>>
>>319799752
nerfs in a singleplayer game
erasing Megasatan kills
Fatmund pissed off his SJW musician and the ones at Nicalis are shit
>>
>>319799916
its better than rebirth, rebirth had a shit tier soundtrack
>>
>>319799752
Horrible launch filled with bugs
Unnecessary nerfs
Eggman and developer's attitudes towards community and criticism.
ARG sucked and is a shitty excuse for gated content.
>>
that said, making Even and Cain worthwhile is something of a feat

and Keeper and Lilith both have fun gimmicks
>>
>>319799752
Extremely stale gameplay relying solely on damage and lazy item ideas. Game has really low skill threshold and many enemies are bullet sponges if the damage items don't go your way; tedium kills you.

Another horrible aspect of it is how long it takes to unlock stuff. It's like an autism test.
>>
Putting all of Edmunds bullshit aside, the game seems to be pretty okay now. I didn't encounter any gamebreaking bugs anymore and the recent changes to the sacrifice rooms were fucking great.

A lot of items need some tweaking though and there's way too many baby rewards for everything. Mega Greed and Hush are still bullshit design wise because they are huge dmg sponges no matter how OP you are.
>>
>>319799916
Wotl > BoI > Rebirth = Afterbirth

I find myself humming the original songs as i play through afterbirth. I miss the retro-y basement tune for the shop
>>
Non-sensical nerfs.
>>
>>319799752
It added hardly any content and what little content they added isnt very good. Majority of the new enemies are just recolors that explode or spawn spiders on death, which is retarded because they showed promo images of actually new enemies. Hush is just in the game because they wanted to have another SUPER HARD BOSS but couldnt figure out where to put it so they just shoved it in after wormb. Then they said, BTW, hush counts as the new end game level! Greed mode is fun the first time you do it but its not worthwhile in the long run, especially if you actually grind out the machine.

What the expansion seems to focus most on is annoying you more and making it even more unbearable to play without a damage up on floor 1.

Really the expansion just reeks of laziness. The halloween update for the original felt bigger than this. It really seems like they just cut out half the content to sell it as another DLC further down the line.
>>
>>319800937
What has Edmund done? I don't know very much about him, besides when Vinesauce has talked about him.
>>
File: EggheadMcPolycephalus.jpg (421 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EggheadMcPolycephalus.jpg
421 KB, 1280x720
>>319799752
>Promised 200 hours of gameplay were just grinding Greed Mode over and over again, one penny in the greed machine at a time
>only to get Lost 2.0: not even devil deals
>deliberately shitty rooms like treasure rooms with item surrounded by spikes, super secret room with nothing but a single poop, tiny boss rooms
>good items get nerfed and nerfed and nerfed
>shit items are left alone
>rest of the content was literally ONE MILLION BABIES and shit items

I think that about covers it.
>>
Delaying content when they specifically said they weren't going to do that led to confusion and anger. And they need to bugtest their fucking games. It's stupid when you get a devil deal on a skinny boss room and you can't enter the door because it spawned on the wrong side of the screen where the room doesn't extend to.
>>
>deliberately shitty rooms like treasure rooms with item surrounded by spikes

This pissed me off the most
>>
I use a mod to play the original BOI soundtrack except on new alternate floors
>>
>>319799916
This is what stops me from buying this
>>
>>319799752
Ed nerfing a single player game
>>
File: Judas BOIR.png (2 KB, 131x155) Image search: [Google]
Judas BOIR.png
2 KB, 131x155
Best character coming through
>>
Fuck The Keeper, though.

Man. I'm on a -8 Streak because of me not getting gud with that fucker.
>>
>>319801956
He promised stuff and didnt deliver.
He actually held back content so that people do his shitty ARG thing and acted like a cunt on twitter when people got mad because of this. After all the things were finally in the game he seriously went full dindu nuffin wrong.

Basically the whole release of Afterbirth was a total mess of misinformation, bad patches that only nerfed stuffs and bugs.
>>
File: 1422428461046.gif (500 KB, 177x172) Image search: [Google]
1422428461046.gif
500 KB, 177x172
I can't get past the new soundtrack.

The old game was so good, this is garbage tier. It really ruined the entire experience for me.
>>
>>319802918
That's pretty shitty. Glad I didn't get his games.
>>
File: EEEDMUND.jpg (719 KB, 1913x1078) Image search: [Google]
EEEDMUND.jpg
719 KB, 1913x1078
>>319802291
DUDE COOP BABIES LOL
>>
Want to buy gane and dlc
Is it true about the shitty rooms witu shitty items?
>>
File: 15 - 1.png (62 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
15 - 1.png
62 KB, 426x426
>>319802706
Thats not Azazel
>>
>>319804757
>shit range and damage
Flight is the only thing he has going for him.
>>
>>319799752
pretty much everything, really
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.