[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else playing this again? Just got Goro and man, all I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: DARKCLOUD.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
DARKCLOUD.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
Anyone else playing this again? Just got Goro and man, all I'm finding are weapons for Toan. Shit sucks.

Pretty good game still after all these years.
>>
>>319786339
Goro is a worthless companion, don't bother with him.
>>
>>319786508

Most playthrus I only used Toan, but this time I want to try and flesh out the cast as a whole. I've only ever beaten the game using the broken dagger glitch. I want to try and get everyone leveled up legit this time so the final dungeon isn't impossible.
>>
>>319786643
Xiao and Toan are pretty much the best. Ruby can be good, but I don't know, too much effort and upgrades. Ungaga can wrek enemies with the spinny move, but it breaks weapons easily, since it hits so many times.
>>
>>319786846

That's pretty interesting. Is that final post-game dungeon worth doing? It's always sounded interesting but I've never attempted it
>>
>>319787430
The Demon shaft? If you have the patience, by all means. 100 levels, and all you get for it is a dumb legendary sword you can't use on anything anymore. It's pretty hard so you need to grind up, much like the Zelmite mines in Dark Cloud 2.
>>
File: xiao04.png (143 KB, 265x439) Image search: [Google]
xiao04.png
143 KB, 265x439
>>319786846
I'm pretty sure Ruby is the best ranged character in the game with her best weapon, but Xiao is my personal favorite with Angel Gear and Super Steve. In one of my first runthroughs I used Osmond as my ranged character and he couldn't hurt the Dark Genie. It was awful.

Dark Cloud is definitely one of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>319788113
Yeah, she is, but as I said, she takes considerably more effort to get good. Xiao needs one lucky drop from the first dungeon to be great and become godlike, pretty much.

Favourite location? Mine is Yellow Drops. So comfy.
>>
>>319788391
It's hard to pick a favorite location. Probably Norune Village since it feels so home-y. Though Muska Raka has the best music, in my opinion, and I spent almost 90% of my time in Queens.

Demon Shaft is prolly my favorite dungeon. Love the scenery, music, and atmosphere.
>>
File: Dark Cloud 2 Ocean's Roar Cave.jpg (218 KB, 640x445) Image search: [Google]
Dark Cloud 2 Ocean's Roar Cave.jpg
218 KB, 640x445
Thread theme! Also post best music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI9utm_pFkE
>>
>>319789339
https://youtu.be/5gJ3qHyqCa4

Such a great title screen
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.