[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: "Oh yeah, that came out today."
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: Devils_Third_boxart[1].jpg (190 KB, 305x384) Image search: [Google]
Devils_Third_boxart[1].jpg
190 KB, 305x384
>>
mine came out in the mail. It's a lot of fun!
>>
>>319785005
is there a demo available?
>>
>>319785005
Terrible box-art. I actively want to avoid this game because of it.
>>
its been out for like three months here in europe

dont waste your time the game is ass
>>
>>319785005
I was hyped for this game last christmas
Now that's all gone

Is it 20 bucks?
>>
>not a SINGLE store within 40 miles of me has a copy

Amazon won't even sell it until the 13th.
>>
Lol fuck
>>
>>319786042
(You)
>>
File: devil's third release hype.jpg (252 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
devil's third release hype.jpg
252 KB, 960x720
>>
>first person shooting instead of TPS

for what purpose
they could have made an awesome fast paced shooter/slasher but instead tried to see how many shitty western game fps tropes they could pull off

the free multiplayer on pc might be cool though
>>
>>319787617
>not a single best buy in 250 miles of me has a copy

dead on arrival. next week is b1g40% off nintendo published games though
>>
File: lotv.jpg (117 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
lotv.jpg
117 KB, 700x500
>>
File: TRIP TO THE BURN WARD.jpg (26 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
TRIP TO THE BURN WARD.jpg
26 KB, 400x500
BUY MY GAME WHITE DEVIL OR YOU GET MORE PHOTO OF MY DESTROYED FACE
>>
>>319788167
I severely doubt you'll find a copy. I called around and the only copies are preorder
>>
File: Hotline Miami Level Editor.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Hotline Miami Level Editor.png
1 MB, 1600x900
The Hotline Miami 2 Level Editor just came out, but no one cares because it still has no steam workshop compatibility nor is custom music allowed.

Never trust indie hipsters, they'll always under-deliver.
>>
Does anyone actually give a shit about this game?
>>
>>319788452
> $15 for a flash game

> $15 for f zero gx wii u with good graphics and game play
>>
>>319788303

>Oatmean-San is now moving towards mobile games

where did it go so wrong?
>>
>>319788573
There used to be lots of European shitters defending this game made by an absolute hack. I guess they realized their mistake and moved on with their lives.
>>
>>319788409
I'm in Chicago and the only FUCKING GAMESTOP that has a copy is 30 miles away from me.

Looks like I'm driving today.
>>
>>319788409
it's available online though. I'll pick it up along with mario tennis.
>>
My favorite thing about the game is that the F2P PC version of the multiplayer was stated to arrive on "Q4 2015" at September. There's 20 days left for that. Otherwise it's just a development hell zombie that was shat out by Nintendo out of obligation.
>>
>>319789251
Yeah, I just ordered mine online today. Got free shipping for some reason.
>>
This game has been through a hell of a development. I think it went through 3 engines. I wished they used somthing other then the outdated unreal engine 3. It would have been incredible if they got their hands on the FOX engine. Though Konami probably wouldn't go for it.
>>
>>319787128
Terrible art direction in general.
>>
>>319790693
Yeah sure. On the Wii U. While MGS5 was still in development.
>>
I would be cool if we could start a /v/ clan but I don't know if enough people here will buy it
>>
>>319788303
Poor guy, his skin is so itchy all the time that he lost his mind and can't make good games anymore.
>>
>>319785005
Fast racing neo come out yesterday...
Anyone know how to unlock zvil?
>>
>>319790862
Yeah i know, that being said MGS5 push the 360 and ps3 to the limits and it doesn't look bad at all consider the specs. and that's an open world game. One can only dream i suppose
>>
>>319791768
DT is not really an open world game, that's the thing. And even if it's really bad, I don't think the gameplay is adequate for that kind of setting. Small setpieces are kinda the norm for action games.
>>
I still don't get why reviewers shat on this so much, when other games. AAA games have the same issues.
>>
>>319793475
Because it's fucking bad. It looks bad, it plays like ass, and the multiplayer is dead.
>>
>>319793553

But everything you said also applies to CoD except for the multiplayer being dead, yet that always gets its dick sucked by every "journalist".
>>
>>319794540
Also Fallout.

One of the complaints for the game was fucking microtransactions too. As if AAA games that get 10/10s aren't full of them.
>>
>>319794540
CoD is the same safe formula that works reiterated to the point of being boring. DT is just bad. It doesn't have good melee, it doesn't have good shooting, it doesn't have good setpieces, it doesn't have good bosses. I haven't seen people wasting 60 bucks on this game, the same cannot be said on CoD.
>>
>>319788303
I honestly feel sorry for this guy.

5 or 6 years spent on Devil's Third and it's a massive pile of shit.

I mean what's he supposed to do next?
>>
>>319794710

Yeah, that too.

I love how people still take some websites like gamespot seriously when they gave fallout 4 a 9/10.
>>
>>319795106
Probably phone games. Who knows.
>>
I eagerly await the PC multiplayer, but that's about it.
>>
>>319794976

But should using the same formula over and over to the point where it feels boring deserve praise?

Why do they get rewarded year after year with good scores for releasing the same game with a different skin?

I'm not saying Devil's Third looks all that great, but it's still laughable that the media shits all over it and then turns around and praises Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed in their next review and pretends like it's a completely new experience.

I just can't take any sort of review seriously from these kinds of people. With that said, I probably wont try Devil's Third until it's cheap, since watching any video on youtube makes it very apparent that the game has some serious flaws.
>>
>>319795717
I doubt it will come out. They still haven't said nothing about it, other than a nebulous "it's coming at end of the year" that wasn't followed by anything else. I don't think releasing on Christmas, while everyone is occupied by better games, will do wonders to the popularity of the game.
>>
>>319785005
There's more Metal Gear Rising and Vanquish done 100x worse than anything oatmeal cookie as done before.
Even the final boss is almost an exact copy of Jetstream Sam's fight except without half the moves he did
>>
>>319795806
It works.
Devil's Third doesn't work.
And that's it.
There's a plethora of shitty games you could get, I don't see why one made by a living biscuit should be better, other than the novelty of it.
>>
File: BLES00495.jpg (362 KB, 928x1080) Image search: [Google]
BLES00495.jpg
362 KB, 928x1080
So it's pretty much the japanese equivalent of this.
>>
>>319796205
I wouldn't say it works with Assassin's Creed. The game ALWAYS have every single flaw that reviews give Devil's Third.

I seriously do not understand how the fuck half of the issues IGN had are valid flaws.
>>
>>319796205

>It works.

I take it you didn't play AC 3 or AC Unity then? Those game realistically should have gotten the same scores Devil's Third is getting, yet those got away with the aaa free pass.

Not sure why you're so dead set on defending awful websites like ign and gamespot. I mean I already agreed that Devil's Third looks extremely flawed, yet you seem to think that those other games totally deserved their scores and that sites like ign know what they're talking about and can be trusted.

Oh well, I take it you must own a lot of aaa trash and "cinematic experiences"?
>>
>>319796573
AC has boring but working melee. It has automated but working platforming. DT has nothing but crappy gameplay.
>>
>>319796842
I couldn't care less for your precious rewiew sites that are hurting your precious sensibilities. I just love how shitty Devil Turd is, and how hard people are trying to defend it instead of finally accept the truth. It's just that.
>>
>>319796856
Devil's Third's melee seems like a standard Light Button, Heavy Button game. And good thing it's not a platformer.

The game doesn't great by any means, but it doesn't look like a fucking 3.5. Then again, this is the same fucking website that gave God Hand and Double Dragon Neon the same scores.
>>
>>319786042
(You!) ^___^
>>
>>319796856

But it didn't work, at least not for a time. Unity was a fucking bug infested broken piece of shit at launch and it needed a massive patch just to fix all of its problems.

How is that considered "working"?

Why do western aaa games get a free pass when they barely work?
>>
File: 1395775347561.jpg (228 KB, 397x623) Image search: [Google]
1395775347561.jpg
228 KB, 397x623
>SIXTY US DOLLARS
fuck i thought they'd at least sorta cut their losses and put it up for 30 or something
i'd buy it for 30 as a novelty
>>
I was wondering if there'd be a thread on this.

How is it? Was it improved at all over the EU/JP versions?
>>
>>319797506
Take a fucking wild guess
>>
>>319785005
I'd buy this game if it was 20 bucks, but fuck the Jews at NoA that thought anyone would be dumb enough to spend 60 (80 if you're Canadian) on it.
>>
>>319797248
It's on the same level of Vampire Rain, a shoddy mishmash of genres done bad.
>>
>>319797703
I don't know if you guys are realizing that, but they are kinda dumping the game and that guy with the pitted face and move on.
>>
File: GQtQRYd.png (14 KB, 459x189) Image search: [Google]
GQtQRYd.png
14 KB, 459x189
At least 24 people like it, still to be one of the only Wii U exclusives with this kind of price drop, fucking hell Itagaki, you directed Ninja Gaiden.
>>
>>319798029
I sincerely doubt that Ninja Gaiden reboot's success was due to his actual talent. It was mostly fluke.
>>
it has a really fun and robust MP mode if you give it a chance.
Price should definitely be $40 tops now though
>>
File: WiiU_021.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_021.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>319790693
The problem wasnt the engine but lack off talent/effort?(i wouldnt be supprised if the team already gave up on the game once it got cancelled a second time) from the developments team side.
Hell even a botched ubisoft port of a game running on ue2.5 was miles better than DT.
I think the reason was simply because everyone already gave up on the project and just wanted it out no matter how.
>>
>>319797703

$20 would have been the perfect price point for this game.

I'm watching the best friend's playthrough on youtube and admittedly the game looks kind of fun, just really rough around the edges.

Some of the bosses even look like they can be fairly challenging and it almost gives me a low rent Ninja Gaiden vibe at times. The gore and finishing moves also look kind of satisfying.

But still, $60 is just too damn high for a game with an online community that is probably non existent and for a campaign that looks like it can be finished in a few hours with little replay value.
>>
>>319798425
>I'm watching the best friend's playthrough
kill yourself
>>
>>319798870

no u
>>
>>319798870
Fuck giving money to that cookie faced yellow monkey.
>>
I told you faggots three months ago this game was shit with tons of webms and you all got super ass rustled about it. I'm glad you see the error of your ways.
>>
So it's good or not?
>>
>>319799527
There's still people that think it's actually fun, that it's the fault of those evil reviewers. Because the fact that the multi is dead in the water everywhere and the PC version is still unheard of is not enough of a dead ringer.
>>
>>319799635

It's neither good nor bad, just mediocre (it is Itagaki's worst game though).

It's not as bad as the corrupt "muh cinematic experience" reviewers say and it's not that great either.

Buy it when it's $20 or less.
>>
>>319800257
>It's not as bad as the corrupt "muh cinematic experience" reviewers say and it's not that great either.
Are you referencing the framerate or what? Because the framerate is unarguably fucking terrible in basically every part of the game.

>it's mediocre
It's objectively bad.
>>
Maybe it will be so bad that it becomes a cult classic.
>>
>>319800707
They are trying very hard to push it away into oblivion. And so far it's kinda working. No one seems to care about it.
>>
somebody post that webm

the one that's a "parody"
>>
>>319788452
custom music is never gonna happen for the same reason you can't hear other players' custom radio in gta online

it'd be sharing copyrighted material
>>
>>319798320
hmm good point. but the constant restarts didn't help still. Do you think if they made a sequel from scratch it would turn out better?
>>
>>319788573
Not even nintendrones care about it
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.