[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Greatest turn-based Wild West combat mechanics ever I�
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Hard West Cover.jpg (814 KB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
Hard West Cover.jpg
814 KB, 1280x1810
>Greatest turn-based Wild West combat mechanics ever I'm serious, it just werks
>Excellent atmosphere which manages to be melancholic as hell despite every single character being a criminal and a crook
>Narrator is literally Death
>Decent choose your own adventure elements
>Amazing soundtrack by The Witcher 3 guy
>Get to play as a Big Guy and a Small Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h8xt6_DS9Y

Why haven't you played it yet, /v/? It's the definitive Weird West game nobody asked for.
>>
is this game prequel to hard reset ??
>>
>>319780057
No, it's a prequel to Wild Wild West.
>>
>>319780106
never heard about it
but it makes sense
reset was very fun, challenging, fast paced game and this is...slow shit for grannies
>>
File: 2015-11-26_00002.jpg (383 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26_00002.jpg
383 KB, 1920x1080
Bump.
>>
Don't like the stealth and jesus christ are the between mission segments dull

Still mad at them for all the gold digging in the first act
>>
>>319781035
I think they provide a nice change of pace, plus the gimmicks in every scenario are interesting enough. Though combat is best part, of course.

As far as overall campaign quality goes:
Inquisitor>Warren 1>Clairvoyant>Masketta Man>Inventor>Undertaker>Warren 2>Tutorial
>>
>>319780974
this makes it look like new x-com. is it like that?
>>
>>319779725
Are you forced to play as a w*man?
Looking interesting so far.
>>
>>319781909
Closer to jaggy alliance desu

although nowhere near as good
>>
>>319779725
is it worth 20 bucks?
>>
>>319781909
Yes and no.

It does use the "move or shoot" system with infinite ammo but there are a lot of differences otherwise.

Firstly, combat is extremely lethal. Weakest normal weapon in the game does 3 damage, strongest does 10, plus there's fanning and damage bonuses. 4-6 HP is a normal health pool, 7-9 is high. Strongest enemy in the game has 20, second strongest has 15. Others have 10 max.

Secondly, half- and full covers reduce the damage to 1/3 and 1/4 respectively. This means cover is vital, but so is flanking.

Also there's Luck system which is both your mana and defense, reloading not filling up a full mag and a lot of other tweaks. It's very well done and shootouts actually feel Western style despite being turn-based.
>>
I've been keeping my eye on it waiting for a good sale.

It does look really cool but holy fuck my backlog is really starting to pile up and the winter sale isn't going to make things any easier.
>>
>>319779725
>Check-Point save system
Fuck you, thank you, bye
>>
>>319783027
Git gud.
>>
>>319782612
yes and no
>>
I read that campaigns are short and just when you get attached to characters, the fucking campaign ends and you gotta start another one. I hate that in games a whole lot and it's pretty much why I won't touch this game.

Also where's my god damn new Desperados game? That was a great game.
>>
>>319784048
There's not much of a character in any of those besides Death who is the narrator. You get something like 5 fights per scenario, though, which really isn't that many.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.