[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ARPGs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: victor.vran_.1920.jpg (314 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
victor.vran_.1920.jpg
314 KB, 1920x1080
I'm looking for an aRPG to play. I've already played Diablo 2 and 3 with the expansions, Titan Quest + Immortal Throne, Sacred 2, Victor Vran and Path of Exile. What else is worth trying out? I'd like to play Grim Dawn but I'm waiting for the full version to come out
>>
>>319765153
Grim Dawn is slated to have all of its content released this month. So grab it during the holiday sale and enjoy it. The new devotion system they added is incredible and added a lot of depth.

A recent release that I wish I could recommend, due to me looking forward to it, is Van Helsing: Final cut. But it's horribly balanced and a fucking bug riddled shit fest. And one of their top testers is a fucking man child plaguing their ears with bullshit and killing the community.
>>
>>319765562
Okay thanks, I'll definitely grab Grim Dawn then
>>
>>319765856
The game won't be fully released til early next year. But after this coming patch, it's only balancing and bug fixes. Definitely worth it.
>>
Van helsing
>>
File: seriously m8.jpg (11 KB, 234x317) Image search: [Google]
seriously m8.jpg
11 KB, 234x317
>Played Sacred 2
>Not Sacred 1
>>
>>319765153
How is Victor Vran? Is the dodge/action gameplay actually good or is it a shitty gimmick?
>>
Ys Origin
>>
>>319767435
I don't use it too much but it's useful.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 514x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 514x960
>>319765153
>he likes A-RPGs
A-RPGs are a meme name for action game anon.
>>
What about devillion? It's an arpgmmo
>>
>>319767435
It gets old fast. All the attacks are tied to weapons rather than a class which limits skill combinations and every weapon only has a handful of skills.
>>
>>319765153
Devilian was released yesterday. It resembles a lot of D3 and its not just an ARPG it's an MMOARPG, meaning, there's people running around as you qest, much like WoW or any MMORPG.
>>
>>319767923
>dat bulge
>>
>>319767382
Pretty much this.

>>319767923
Would you prefer stabby-shooty-grabby-looty-grindy-fest?
>>
Elder God Tier---

Diablo 2

God Tier---

Path of Exile
Grim Dawn (2016)

High Tier--

Diablo 3
Victor Vraan

Meh Tier--

Hellsing
Torchlight 1/2
>>
does grim dawn have singleplayer or is it always-online shit like diablo 3 and PoE?
>>
>>319768759

Offline singleplayer with online multiplayer.
>>
>>319768759

It's single player. You don't have to go online, though can if you want to play with others.

Hopefully playing with others online doesn't fuck up your game progress like Titan quest sometimes would
>>
>>319768926
Right now there are some progression and resolution bugs with playing multiplayer. Not too bad as most you can just start a single player game and get the quests finished. But it can be annoying at times.

>>319768474
>Torchlight 1/2

What's sad is for just how meh they are, I had completely forgot about them entirely.

>Helsing
The worst thing is, the devs whom made these cancers are the ones doing the 40k arpg, and my interest level went from passing interest to fuck off.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.