[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All right, /v/. Quit shitposting about the FFVII remake and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: rydia_edge2.jpg (100 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rydia_edge2.jpg
100 KB, 1024x768
All right, /v/.

Quit shitposting about the FFVII remake and tell me how I go about playing the definitive version of FFIV.

Original SNES? DS remake? GBA?

Also, is the 4 Heroes of Light DS game any good? I'm thinking about getting that too (I already played FFI on GBA).
>>
Ios or steam are the best versions.
>>
File: 04 - Ultros.gif (2 KB, 108x64) Image search: [Google]
04 - Ultros.gif
2 KB, 108x64
>>319762684

For real? I want to play it on a portable system but I can't stand touch screen controls
>>
>>319762582
DS
>>
Best versions of 1-6

I: PSP
II: PSP
III: FC
IV: PSP
V: GBA
VI: It does not matter between SNES or GBA, both scripts have their perks and the GBA version has most of the SNES glitches fixed.
>>
iOS or android, its the sane as the ds version but textures are better on phones so and touch controls aren't bad for these kinds of games
>>
>>319762582
DS. good voice acting, harder than the usual FF4 experience (good challenge) and looks p good.

The version you play doesn't matter that much to be honest tho. As far as I'm concerned, FF4 is based as fuck with a great story, great characters, and the best protagonist in Final Fantasy history. If your looking to get into FF, start here. Its a great place to begin.
>>
>>319762582
Don't bother, FFIV is the worst next to FFX
>>
>>319762582
GBA.
>>
>>319763240
bait.png
>>
>>319763082
this guy knows what's up
>>
>>319762807
I really liked the psp version. Looked nice on the vita.
>>
>>319762582
PSP but some people hate the character sprites
>>
>>319763082
Would argue that FF1 best version is actually PSX but not a bad list friend. I just prefer the spell charge system over the MP system since it breaks the game over it's knee with that.
>>
File: background-avta-77.png (214 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
background-avta-77.png
214 KB, 400x300
>>319763287

This asshole is correct.
>>
>>319763240
I wish for once I could come into a thread where everyone discusses vidya and doesn't blatantly shitpost.

Here is your (You) you rancid piece of shit.
>>
>>319763082
Best versions of 1-6

I: PSP
II: PSP
III: FC
IV: PSP
V: GBA or Mobile
VI: GBA or Mobile

Despite having ugly sprite works, mobile versions are the GBA version with the original musics, fixed color palettes, even more bug fixes and better font. The cons are the vomit inducing character sprites.
>>
>>319762807
Finished it on Android, it was a great port desu.
>>
>>319762582
DS
>chibi 3D graphics
>decent voice acting
>best localization of any rendition of the game
>both enemies and party members got buffed tremendously, bosses are deadly and so are you
>revamped movesets for all characters, skills are actually useful and magic is much more useful in later levels
>augment system that let's you customize the characters' moveset with original skills and skills of characters who left the party both, completely optional if it's not your cup of tea
>additional story details, The After Years is based on this version
>unlimited inventory space, streamlined equipment system (ie you don't actually need to buy 40 arrows to use the attack command for bow users 40 times)
>no post-game, no character swap, but the main game is much more rewarding

PSP
>revamped 2D sprites, they have the RPG Maker vibes but are not iOS tier
>no VA
>uses the old, outdated script
>very easy game, bosses hyped up to be very powerful are absolutely laughable, many bosses have some sort of strategy (like, don't attack with magic when it's in this state) but the stats are so low the side-effects are minimal, just ignoring them and spamming attacks and magic is more effective. Ignoring these tactics in the DS version will get your ass fried
>3/4 of the character skills are plain useless, either have no impact whatsoever or are outclassed by regular attacks or the two skills that are actually useful
>not as buggy as the old versions but there are still quite a few
>retarded inventory space limitations, only 48 items total (counting equipment) which is a pain
>there is post-game, but it's just more attacks and magic spam fighting palette swaps of bosses
>the only truly nifty thing is being able to change party composition in the end-game, but since their moveset is useless it gives no incentive to play around with it
>>
>>319765429

>status effects are binary (ie, you either have Protect or you don't) and very effective, a minority of status ailments effect bosses too. Very easy to see who is under effect of what thanks to the bottom screen and colors changing

>status effects are wothless because they need to be stacked up (something never mentioned in-game, nor the manual, and very hard to see mentioned online too), you have to keep using Protect on the same guy to see any difference (while the older "layers" start to wear off as soon as you see it). Negative ailments are always useless and it's impossible to see who is under what.

Examples of retarded skills:

Yang's Kick
>PSP - a low damage hit-everyone skill that does fixed damage of around the 40s (or scales very, VERY badly), already outdated by the time you get Yang
>DS - a high damage hit-everyone skill with lower multiplier the more enemies it hits (if there is only one target it's as strong as a regular attack), stays useful throughout the game

Yang's Focus
>PSP - a slightly stronger regular attack with a slightly stronger charge time, only useful in the GBA version because the menu are a lagging mess and using it makes you input less commands. Theorically useful for enemies with strong counters but, again LOLPSPDIFFICULTY
>DS - a self buff that can be stacked up to three times that makes the next skill do a fuckton more damage, wether it's a normal attack, a Kick (dem x3 Focus + Kick combos on multiple enemies) or any of the other augments you have equipped

Cecil's Darkness
>PSP - the same as Yang's Kick, only it also damages the user slightly
>DS - a self buff that makes attack two times as powerful for a while at the cost of a huge chunk of health every attack

Again, DS's version is fairly difficult, by using things such a x3 Focus + Darkness + Kick combo you're not cheesing your way through, you're playing right. And you will still probably die

tl;dr if someone tells you to play psp/gba they are retards
>>
gba ffiv is way too easy to be enjoyable. DON'T PLAY IT.
>>
>>319763516
Not list guy, but I preferred the handheld versions of FF1 as they converted to the standard MP system which gave my mages something to to do before boss encounters. Also, I believe XP gain was boosted a bit so there wasn't too much grind either.
>>
>>319762582
>EdgeXRydia
OP has best taste.
>>
>>319765945
>not CecilXRydia
>>
Was i the only one you got a hard time dealing with Rubicante?
>>
File: Final.Fantasy.IV.full.139509.jpg (136 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
Final.Fantasy.IV.full.139509.jpg
136 KB, 960x800
>>319766264
>not CecilxGolbez
>>
>>319763082
>VI: It does not matter between SNES or GBA, both scripts have their perks and the GBA version has most of the SNES glitches fixed
but what about the CENSORSHIP? Can't I have my sexy siren sprites?
>>
File: crazybiatch.png (102 KB, 212x278) Image search: [Google]
crazybiatch.png
102 KB, 212x278
>>319766632
>CecilxGolbez
>>
DS is the only version with any sort of challenge.
>>
The thing that bothered me the most about the DS remake was that they didn't add a way for Cecil to go dark knight again. Edgelord though it may be, everyone wanted it.
>>
DS is the best mechanically by far and gives a bit more insight to the characters because you can see their thoughts by opening the pause menu with them as your overworld character. As far as I know, iOS/Android and PC are the same, but I hear they have a bonus post-game dungeon based off the one from the GBA/PSP release.

The only reason to play GBA/PSP is if you really hate the models in the DS/Mobile/PC ports or if you want to be able to swap out party members instead of being able to give the old party member's skills to new ones.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.