[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get reminded FF12 exists on /v/ >"hey I never beat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
>get reminded FF12 exists on /v/
>"hey I never beat that game, I should really try and beat it."
>pop in the game
>game begins with an amazing, hype af cinematic, really makes you want to experience the world
>first 10 - 20 hours are great, characters are generally likable, even Vaan, who despite being kinda whiny and stupid, has some neat goals (wanna be a pirate), the desert setting is completely different as a starting area for an FF game, which is usually used as near-endgame setting, with all other FF games starting in some green grassy plains.
>Bounties are a great idea and make for a lot of side quests.
>Suddenly, 20 hours in
>little to no story progression
>combat has become so repetitive, wait to attack gameplay, all of the characters barely feel different due to the licensing board
>realize all of the characters beside Balthier actually kinda suck

I can't be the only one. This has happened to me like eight times since Final Fantasy 12 was first released. Tomb of Raithwall literally kills any enjoyment this game had.
>>
>>319756802
ffxii is genuinely one of my favorite games of all time, but it's probably the most divisive game in the series. i'm sure someone else has taste as bad as yours.
>>
>>319756938
Hello reddit
>>
>>319757016
le lel
>>
>>319757016
why would reddit like ff12
>>
the story in that game is the most convoluted, confusing mess i've ever witnessed

i feel like just to have a basic understanding of the world you need to first read a 2,000 page tome detailing the lore
>>
>>319756802
>picks up ff12 for a replay after years
>not the 'international' edition with the zodiac job system
You fucked up OP.
>>
File: 1420479198010.png (1 MB, 1596x777) Image search: [Google]
1420479198010.png
1 MB, 1596x777
>>319757257

>the story in that game is the most convoluted, confusing mess i've ever witnessed
>i feel like just to have a basic understanding of the world you need to first read a 2,000 page tome detailing the lore

FFXII is not that complex story-wise.
>>
>>319757257
Evil man steals the nuke stones from space jews.
You are a good goy and go after the evil man.
>>
>>319756802
>Not playing the zodiac job system version.

You fucked up.
>>
>>319757257
Final Fantasy lore is just bubblegum pop
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.