[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this game keep changing the fucking rules? >run
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Why does this game keep changing the fucking rules?

>run around for hours trying to advance somehow
>have to drop a weight on a fucking skeleton when I've never had to do that before

Doesn't help that a lot of the game seems to be pure chance. I mean why would I jump into a bunch of spikes? Why would I think there is a trap door there. No fucking clues anywhere to indicate that.

This ain't fun. This ain't exploration. It's just fucking random. There is no logic to it.
>>
I'd write out a helpful response but it's clear you have problems reading.
>>
Are there enough people who like La Mulana to even take this bait at this time of day?
>>
Be wary of la mulana defense force.
It's a shitty game with horrible, low-speed platforming and mediocre puzzles.
>>
>>319755885

Some people might as well, at least its a game related thread, and not a thread that is pretending to talk about videogames.
>>
Wasn't there supposed to be a sequel coming out? Where's the sequel at?
>>
>>319755751
There are clues everywhere to almost any puzzle in the game.
I give you, that you kind of have to look for and at them differently than most games do, but almost all puzzles have clues to them that lead to the solution.
There are only one or two instances that I think are really pretty clueless.
And then there is hell temple.
>>
I've never played La Mulana, but I don't understand the hype around the cryptic puzzles. I just hate being at a dead-end in adventure games. I remember being stuck in Monkey Island 2 for the longest time.

If I play without a guide, will I enjoy the game?
>>
>>319755885
There's only about 7500 people in the world that own the steam version of the emake AND beat the game.
>>
>>319756045
kickstarter, so never
>>
>>319756187
You should challenge yourself to see how far you can get without a guide.
While the puzzles are somewhat cryptic at first, once you get into the mindset of it solving them isn't impossible and you feel like a crossover of mutherfucking Indiana Jones and Sherlock Holmes himself for sovling them on your own.
LaMulana to me was one of the most immersive games I have ever played and it did so purely through the gameplay instead of dialogue or perspective and visualy.
Give it a try, it's worth it.
It helps immensely to keep notes and write down everything, as well as to examine everything.
>>
>>319756187
Probably, but I'd keep a notebook handy to keep track of clues since it's a long game. Honestly you can use a guide since there are 2 or 3 moments in the game that are really obtuse, just keep it as a last resort thing.
>>
>>319755880
The stone tablets don't help with everything m8.

>>319756185
That's bs. To take my example above. I know I have to get to the room below the spikes (guess that is the clue). But why would I assume there is a trapdoor under the spikes when the main way to proceed in the level is through portals? It's not logical.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.