[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games have fucking sucked. They have fucking sucked for years.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11
File: Fallout-4.jpg (97 KB, 597x336) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4.jpg
97 KB, 597x336
Games have fucking sucked. They have fucking sucked for years. I want to love a game. I want you to suggest a game I'd love. Yes I know you don't know anything about me. I don't care. I want a game that I don't know about that doesn't objectively fucking suck.

I hope you don't see this as a troll. I'm really bored. I work all the time and I really want to get into a game. I'm going to do cocaine soon. Please help me recommend a game.
>>
Infinifactory.
>>
Witcher 3 will restore your faith in games

one of the best in the last ten years
>>
>>319746425

Wow, thank you. This might be it. Have not purchased yet but researching.
>>
Try grand strategies, you lose sense of time because you get so keen to decide the faith of your glorious nation or family.
>>
>>319746545

Will also consider. Does W3 have actual char development? or are you stuck swinging a sword around like a bitch?

I mean, can I go wizard and rock spells and replay as a warrior later or na?
>>
Go play dwarf fortress.
>>
>>319745969
Minecraft
>>
>>319746545
>seriously suggests memegames
>>
>>319745969
The last game I played that reminded me what it felt like to play good games was Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
>>
>>319746686
I would argue that the wither series have pretty much the best written characters in post-industry casualization.

You play as a witcher, that involves alot of swinging sword. You can put points in spells, but i have never seen the point.
>>
>>319746686
No, you play as a pre-defined character called Geralt the Witcher , which swings swords whole game. There are no sneak, magic, ranged builds.
>>
>>319745969
Fallout 4
>>
>>319746425
>Infinifactory
this looks like SpaceChem

is this SpaceChem?
>>
>>319746780
>i don't like a game!
>Let's call it a memegame!

Fucking cocksmoking idiot.
>>
undertale convinced me this medium isn't entirely dogshit yet

but i also was playing it during a time where i was unbiased and not really using the internet much because i was working and sleeping 90% of the time

and i also like rpgs

here's to me being called a fag i guess because i liked a video game
>>
>>319746934
Memetcher 3 is definition of memegames.
>>
>>319746686
>Does W3 have actual char development? or are you stuck swinging a sword around like a bitch?

You're going to end up slinging spells while swinging your sword, chugging potions and oiling your sword (both your metal and meat sword) because that's how a Witcher fights (and fucks).

It has ACTUAL character development in that you play a character that develops throughout the plot, instead of being a doll you play with and imagine stories for that the devs were too lazy/unimaginative to create.
>>
>>319747150
No. Borderlands is.
Is your rig too shitty to run W3, or why the hate?
>>
risen is a fun game. reminds one of gothic and old school single rpgs. without knowing anything about you cant say if you'd enjoy it

but its good if u like it. namean?
>>
>>319746686
W3 is a piece of garbage like all the Witcher titles.

Imagine the most mind-numbing QTE combat in the world. Now imagine being forced to do it for 20 odd hours for the reward of a fairly average story.

Why the fuck are you still expecting new titles to have any value? Have you played every game released before 2005 yet? Because 80% of them are better than anything released today.
>>
>>319745969
fallout 4 is has many flaws but ironically its still one of the more enjoyable games that i played in the past few years
>>
Aoe HD realy enjoyable, just put away the mad mood broheem.
>>
File: VTMB.jpg (79 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
VTMB.jpg
79 KB, 800x600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AcfyuoyOkg

Get on it.
>>
File: pixelmon-mod.jpg (87 KB, 650x342) Image search: [Google]
pixelmon-mod.jpg
87 KB, 650x342
>>319745969
minecraft with pixelmon mod played online with friends is objectively the greatest experience
>>
>>319746918
Sort of.

In SpaceChem you're generally given a cluster fuck of messed up inputs and have to grapple with them to get the right amounts of what you need going to where you need them.

Infinifactory changes the focus by usually giving you what you need and tasking you with building something complex with that stuff. And also making the play area more complex means you often need to fit your production line into an area that may be constrained or full of obstacles.

I find Infinifactory a bit easier to get to grips with because it's less abstract but the core idea is exactly the same.
>>
>>319747024
Are you saying youre ready for feminism, gamer? joke aside its a simplistic yet delightfull game.
>>319746686
Theres stuff you can develop like your sword fighting techniques, spell techniques and potions/bombs and extra stuff. The story rpg elements are of fantastic quality, especially for an open world game. It doesnt feel like theyre there to leech your lifetime away like most open world games, like asscreed,morder etc.
>>
>>319747463

I am OP. Actually this a fucking good example of a game I love, played the shit out of, forgot about, played the shit out of 5 years later and still found it good.

More like this please.
>>
Kerbal Space Program is great. It's not perfect of course but it's a very unique and challenging game with an active modding community.
>>
File: witcher 3.jpg (611 KB, 1919x2104) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3.jpg
611 KB, 1919x2104
>>319747253
Poor combat, no char development or different builds, they lied more than Todd Howard about what the game will look etc.
>>
Paranoia 2: Savior.

It's free.
>>
>>319747684
No one cares. Still the best looking game this year after SW: Battlefront.
>>
>>319747650
>More like this pleas.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA....no, there is none.
>>
>>319745969
Check Age of Decadence OP, there is a demo in steam, and several reviews (The fanatic & his RPG, Destructoid review)
>>
>>319745969
I'm sorry anon, but there is no known cure to being a cynical asshole.
>>
>>319747650
Well, Paradox bought the license recently - so the best you can do is wait, and hope they can do the it justice with a sequel one day soon.
>>
>>319747952
He's not being a cynical asshole, he just has a shitty taste in vidya and is now realizing it.
>>
>>319747801
>no one cares

It's okay when CDPR does it. I'm just full of this bullshit when they promise so much and every time you get disappointed.
>>
>>
File: recs[1].jpg (115 KB, 704x1023) Image search: [Google]
recs[1].jpg
115 KB, 704x1023
>>319745969
Recettear
>>
Ori and the blind forest
>>
>>319748470
Many games do that. You are retarded if you believe that e3 footage would be the same how the real game will look. A game has to go through various steps of optimizations, they had to sacrifice huge draw distance and those graphics for both console limitations and majority of pc users because not everyone has Gtx TitanX.

Same thing happened with Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>319747684
>Poor combat, no char development
Neither of these are true.
>or different builds
You play as a witcher, there is not supposed to be different builds you moron.

Then again, you kinda just proved what i said. You are pulling stupid memeshit faggotry from your ass because you do not like the game.
Hell i don't actually like the game that much either, but atleast be truthful.

>>319747952
There is nothing cynical about what he said. 7th generation of consoles pretty much destroyed any hope for good AAA games for a long while. last 15 years have been shit after shit.
>>
>>319748863
>for both console limitations and majority of pc users because not everyone has Gtx TitanX
PC users can toggle settings you dumb shit. There's rarely any reason to limit what a PC user is able to do in terms of video quality, it just dates your game.
>>
>>319745969
Just Cause 3 is fun.
Also The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth.
>>
Half-life 2
>>
>>319748672
Recettear is a good game but you can tell it was rushed a bit: You barely need or use fusion items in NG or NG+, you don't need to go dungeoneering to win, etc.
There is no compelling reason to keep playing past NG.
>>
>>319748509
I have that too
>>
Hey OP,
If you want a good, mercifully short, fun game, give Rebel Galaxy a run. Literally Assassin's Creed ship combat in space.
If you want a mind-fucking puzzle game with interesting style then play Antichamber.
If you want an arcadey racing & obstacle course game try Nitronic Rush (free) or Distance (early access). Otherwise one of the Trackmania games (do research on which version you want).
If you think you feel like just relaxing & soaking in nice visuals & ambience in a surreal world reminiscent of Blame!, & maybe be impressed by some videogame-as-art, try NaissanceE (walking sim with some puzzles & platforming).
This is hit-or-miss but if you want to get the feeling of overcoming a challenging game that you used to have in the days of yore, play Dark Souls.
If you want some grindy addictive multiplayer only games you can try Warthunder (world war setting), Star Conflict (space setting), Warframe (cyber-ninjas).
>>
>>319748996
Fuck off. Those graphics in those screenshots look totally different. You can't toggle that,

Every developer would be making gorgeous games if it was that easy to toggle between settings. No one would be complaining about consoles limiting pc gaming then.
>>
File: poster-oath1_big.jpg (221 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
poster-oath1_big.jpg
221 KB, 500x682
>>319745969
It's only 10 hours long but it's a blast
>>
>>319745969
Crusader Kings II
>>
>>319749281
>If you want some grindy addictive multiplayer only games you can try Warframe
I can confirm this I have 527h played in less than a month and the only thing I did is grind all the time, it's like diablo 2 but with space ninjas
>>
Games that I've been playing that are good for getting you to love vidya again:

Wolfenstein: The New Order. A Triple A game that is well worth the price of admission, and fighting certain enemies will make you nostalgic for Doom-era run and gun style mechanics. Very cool.

Witcher 3. I haven't beaten this one yet since I'm like you and work all the time, but it's great. Again, AAA that doesn't suck donkey balls and doesn't shove DLC in your face.

Undertale. I would say this one isn't for everybody, but if you like Earthbound it might be worth a shot. If you want something darker, go with Lisa: The Painful. Indie games to be sure, but my God if they aren't awesome to play.

If you have friends, I would suggest Towerfall and of course Smash 4. Couch co-op will perk you up buddy.
>>
>>319747253
>too shitty to run downgrade 3
you CDrones really are deluded
>>
>>319745969
Brothers a tale of two sons.
>>
>>319749410
Ys games yes, they can be good fun. I burned out after one though.
>>
>>319745969
>I'm going to do cocaine soon.
But if you do drugs, you're going to hell before you die.
Please.
>>
File: Steambot Chronicles PS2 cover.jpg (234 KB, 640x910) Image search: [Google]
Steambot Chronicles PS2 cover.jpg
234 KB, 640x910
>>319745969

Yea, it's old as hell. Sure, the loading times can be long if your PS2 isn't fairing well. And the graphics certainly haven't aged gracefully. But this is probably one of the most fun sandbox games out there. You can spend days in the game just digging for fossils to replenish a museum. Fighting in an arena to become the national champion. Play pool and rake in the cash. Or even just perform songs on the street for spare change.
>>
>>319745969
Dude, if you want to make vidya less boring switch to ketamine
>>
>>319745969
Get Witcher 3, every other game is shit.
>>
File: yakuza Toshihiro Nagoshi01.jpg (155 KB, 433x510) Image search: [Google]
yakuza Toshihiro Nagoshi01.jpg
155 KB, 433x510
>>319745969
Despite it being one of the best years for video games ever, I've heard several people say the same.

I guess it can't be helped. Some people just feel the way you do and aren't wired to keep enjoying games.

Maybe it's the social aspect of it you used to enjoy, maybe it's the social aspect of /v/ that makes you perceive every game as flawed, taking any little piece of critique to heart.

That being said, you should play Yakuza 5.

It's a Japanese game
It's made by this man at SEGA
It's the spiritual successor to Shenmue

You can't go wrong.
>>
>>319745969
I felt the same a couple years ago. Stumbled into Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma. First games in a long time that I actually loved. Starting to feel that way again right now though. Just recently finished Witcher 3. It was good but I didn't love it. Bloody Baron best character.
>>
>>319747494
https://youtu.be/ap87xnjOh8E?t=778
>>
>>319749397
What in there can you not toggle? Lighting, shadows, dust, weather, draw distance, LOD, foliage, etc can all be toggled in at least one game or another. Even the textures can get their own optional high resolution version rather than console friendly everything for every version.
>>
>>319745969
I'm currently going through Xenoblade Chronicles on the N3DS and I'm really feeling it. I'd recommend it. Very chill, very comfy, but with an exciting story with twists and turns. It's not groundbreaking by any means, but it'll take you on a good ride.
>>
>>319747684
How can people defend this shit?
Why did ONE person buy this game??
>>
>>319745969
Yakuza 5
>>
Fable 2.
>>
>>319751206
>tfw you can't play xenoblade for the first time again

>tfw every indication points to X not living up to its predecessor in any way
>>
File: 1437535538180.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437535538180.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
You should try Rocket League. Took me off guard, it reminds me somehow of older games. No bullshit or lucky gimmicks, quick to pick up and difficult to be great at.

It's cheap enough to not matter of you hate it, or you could just torrent it
>>
>>319747684
Even with the obvious downgrade, it's still a good game for what it is. Literally better than Fallout in every regard
>>
>>319754646
>unironically suggesting someone pirates an indie game that's actually good
stop
>>
I really enjoyed Shovel Knight

I havent genuinely fell in love with a game in years.

LEGEND OF MANA ILY BRAH
>>
>>319745969
If you think modern games suck, go back and play any of the 30+ years of games you haven't played. You have a nearly endless backlog. Quit complaining.
>>
Play gothic 1/2 op
>>
>>319747024
if you arent biased Fo4>undermeme in every aspect
>>
>>319754940
>indie game
>funded by sony

do you even know what the words you use mean?
>>
>>319749410
Are you speedrunning the game? It took me 25 hours.
>>
>>319749281
>NaissanceE
ugh why is that crap in the list? it has nothing besides strong style and some atmosphere, the puzzle/level design is incompetent
being Nihei-inspired cant save it
>>
I really enjoyed Shadow of Mordor, it shits on the LotR lore but if you can look past that its an extremely fun game with super satisfying combat.
>>
Witcher 3
New Vegas
Biding of Isaac
Heroes 3
Fallout 2
Stalker CoP

is what i'm playing, Toddout4 sucks nigger balls.
>>
>>319745969
you will love fallout 4 if you actually play it ;)
>>
>>319747287

i loved that game to death, but the STRIKE DASH BACKWARDS STRIKE rinse and repeat was way too op.
>>
>>319745969
Give a try to gnomoria lol.
>>
>>319745969
>>319746425
First reply nailed it. I bought Infinifactory during the last Steam sale and holy shit, it's been years since I've played such a satisfying game.

>Figure out a solution
>Find a way to optimize it
>Start again from scratch with entirely new streamlined ideas that make your factory even better than before
My only gripe about this game is that they only let you have 3 solutions at a time. I'd love to be able to just keep making copies so I can track my iterations and see how much better each one is.
>>
>>319756228
>Mash X to auto-attack and win is super satisfying combat
>>
>>319754940
Always try before you buy. No game is for everyone
>>
>>319748009
That's what they said about the mmo. Just gotta wait. Just...gotta...Wait;(
>>
>>319745969
If you're saying games "objectively" suck, you need to lose weight, stop being a nerd, go outside, and get laid.
>>
>>319746545
Witcher 3 has shit gameplay, ridiculously repetative side quests and a boring main story/antagonists
>>
>>319756076
it's great for when you're stoned, as is Antichamber, though I admit I didn't notice OP mentioning drugs when I typed it up.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.