[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Racin'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Who's been enjoying Dirt Rally since the official release? Favorite track?

General /o/ vidya thread.
>>
File: 0000086771554.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0000086771554.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>sim
>>
>>319745283
Nowhere does it call itself a sim
>>
>>319745283
you almost got launched into the stratos
>>
>>319745283

Its a great balance of sim and arcade.
>>
>>319745283
But it's fun
>>
File: 310560_2015-12-11_00026.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
310560_2015-12-11_00026.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
SWE? SWE?
>>
I usually enjoy racing games, but this game is boring as fuck. I mean, I love driving around for the fuck of it, but it gets old fast.
>>
>>319746201
I'm finding myself just driving around more often than not. Driving at night in a snowy area is ultimate comfy, and the controls have a nice balance of making it feel like your actually doing something without having to put too much thought into it.
>>
File: Dirt 3.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dirt 3.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>tracks are absolutely dead
>spectators just stand there motionless
>when in previous DiRT games there were a couple that actually ran off the track
>webm fucking related

Come the fuck on Codies you lazy fucks
>>
>>319747808
Dirt 3 driving felt like shit. It's been a really long time since I played the first one but I recall it being much better.
>>
>>319745283
>Magnum Tornado.webm
>>
>>319745283
heres your you
>>
>>319745153
I torrented it to see what it's like and have been having fun however.

-There aren't enough stages. WRC 2 Extreme which was a GOAT game btw has 15 countries and 115 stages.
-There aren't enough cars, and the ones that are there are weird. Group B fuck yes, needs more older ones, and needs more newer WRC cars.
-Who fucking cares about rallycross, that was obviously put there to appeal to the WE WANT MULTIPLAYER RACING!!!111 crowd
-Cars are like tanks and can take so much beating it's ridiculous
-Rollling physics are fucking weird like in >>319745283
-Doesn't run that well
-Missing little things that make it special like >>319747808 said. Just feels a bit bland.

I'll probably buy it when they release more countries for it desu.

I also would like a steering wheel but I can't seem to find the cheaper logitech steering wheel anywhere.
>>
>>319750601
FFB wheels make all the difference. I wouldn't even be enjoying the game without a wheel.
>>
>>319750747
It's still fun with a 360 controller desu and I can still drive quite well using one but the wheel would be loads better.

At the same time I don't want to spend a large amount of money on something I'll only use for dirt rally and euro truck sim and then get bored 10 hours later.
>>
>>319745153
i regret buying it
who the fuck can enjoy rally driving?
this shit is aids
>>
>>319750821
Having the shifter + clutch probably adds more than the wheel itself. I always just set the game to automatic when I have to use a controller.

>t the same time I don't want to spend a large amount of money on something I'll only use for dirt rally and euro truck sim and then get bored 10 hours later.
That's valid. I bought a G27 this year because I wanted to have a good one to get into racing games and I haven't regretted it. I don't use it that much, but it's always a blast to use.
>>
>>319751131
>clutch

Most rally cars, the modern ones don't actually have clutches as such iirc. Also you can't feel the biting point, so wouldn't it feel really weird using a clutch for a game?
>>
>>319751005
Go back to your turn left burger
>>
>>319751213
It adds something and makes it more involved than just pressing a button. I didn't know about the rally car thing, though. That's interesting. In Dirt it takes away bonus points for playing without the clutch.
>>
>>319751509
Most cars in motorsport use sequential gears without the need for clutch. I believe they use the clutch for starting and 'taking off' though.

But you'll notice modern rally cars just have a big stick that you push forward to go up a gear and pull to go down.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.