[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Path of Exile: Shadow is garbage edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4
File: mines_level_1.jpg (79 KB, 615x714) Image search: [Google]
mines_level_1.jpg
79 KB, 615x714
Path of exile patch in a bit over 12 hours.
Anyone else excited?
I've got a group of 5-6 people together, mostly new. and half of them wanted me to make a tree for them, took a while but I don't mind, it's fun
>>
Only way shadow will be playable is if you want to do a build with the poison gem with phys + chaos dmg nodes double dipping on dot dmg

otherwise if ur doing anything else sion or witch will be better
>>
Sounds like fun dude. What are you playing? Doing Arc Totems myself
>>
>>319738328
Solo I'm not sure, it will take a while to update my builds, but I'm doing generic support zombies with minion instability, planning on getting Montregul's if/when we get to late game.
>>
>>319738196
You don't think EK could be better as a shadow?
>>
>>319737808
The Sixth House is risen, and Lord Dagoth is its glory!
>>
>>319737808
Oh, and in case any of you care, a streamer has spent most of his time in the last 3 days going over user submitted builds and fixing them. Here's the spreadsheet of everything he's done so far.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y2QoalrBoHiYcQBbOHAjL8PsTBKLpLBwysuM-8Li1as/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true
>>
I'm fairly new to this game and genre. I'm doing one of the first missions where you open up this waterfall to get in a cave. Got any tips?
>>
>>319738439
nope scion has better dmg + jewel sockets and the life wheel

witch has the ES nodes

both scion and witch will go to the shadow tree anyways and unless ur using the poison gem its not going to be worth it
>>
>>319737808
If its so much "Fun" for you pal, how about you make me a spec aswell, I'll let you decide the class, since I havent tried PoE yet.
>>
>>319738726
If you're using spells, try to find a wand or scepter with "+1 to XXXX gems in this item", it gives a significantly higher boost to damage than many other mods at low level.
If you're using weapons, selling a white item with a whetstone and a rustic sash will give you back the same sword but with better damage.
Lastly, remember that if you think you have enough defense, you don't have enough,
>>
>>319738425
Seen the new Summon Skellies Jewel? Skeleton mages, sounds awesome for summoners
>>
>another 3 months of duelist being shit

yay

I'll probably play frost blades or lightning strike this league. And then cyclone when they both suck dick.
>>
File: tgu.png (557 KB, 583x593) Image search: [Google]
tgu.png
557 KB, 583x593
>Paying $3,000 to design this
>>
>>319738897
Did you want melee, caster, or ranged?>>319739018
Frost Blades got a huge buff though, should be fine this patch.
>>319739335
Isn't it more? That's his third sword.
>>
>>319739659
Aye, that's why I'm doing Frost Blades. I played it in 2.0 release but it was soooooo underwhelming so I was pretty happy when I saw it got a big buff.
>>
>>319739659
Whats best for soloing?
Either way is fine.
If you're actually doing it, thanks man
>>
>>319739816
Cyclone, cyclone or cyclone

the nerf won't probably won't hurt it very much and its tanky, stun immune, and does good dmg
>>
>>319739816
http://poeurl.com/tNp
Open this in your browser and save the html from there, the link on the site it takes you won't work until the patch hits.
It's a tanky marauder that dual wields axes.
>>
>>319739816

Not him, but I would say they are all pretty decent. I would say Marauder is the most noob friendly class, with shadow or witch being the least friendly, since their defenses are generally more gear and level dependent than the other classes.

Cyclone is really good for any melee character, especially marauder.

Tornado shot and Split Arrow are good bow builds and aren't very gear heavy.

Arc is good for witches. Effective and easy to gear.
>>
>>319739816
>>319740007
http://poeurl.com/tNr
Sorry, this one. There was a point you didn't want from an early version of the build.
If you use cyclone, get rid of unwavering stance.
>>
File: 317809m.jpg (19 KB, 275x287) Image search: [Google]
317809m.jpg
19 KB, 275x287
>>319740007
>Dual weilding
>>
>>319737808

>not able to attack while moving almost throughout the whole game except with a certain gem
>yeah, gud gaem
>>
>>319739910
>>319740110
>>319740078
So cyclone with dual axes, got it.
Thanks
>>
>>319740115
Thanks for pointing something else out for me. That build is probably not any good.
I made that right before going to bed yesterday, no bully
>>
>tfw RF buffed but the juggernaut subclass isn't out for extra damage, regen and ele reduction
I just want to burn people.
>>
>>319740214
FUCK DUAL WEILDING 2h weapons senpai

Weapon x 1
Magic or Rare Rustic Sash x 1
Blacksmith Whetstone x 1

=

Weapon with (40 to 69%) Increased Physical Damage

Vendor recipe
>>
>>319740509
Dual weild block cyclone with LGoH claws is a lot of fun. Little bit of damage loss for a real tanky character.
>>
>>319740214
http://poeurl.com/tNv
Okay, so realizing I'm completely retarded, use this one. Maces instead. The last tree didn't have the dex for axes. Works with either 1h and shield or two maces. If you want, it's literally two points different from 2h maces.
>>
>>319740224
>>319740648
Dual wielding is just in a shit place atm. You want to be using dual strike or cleave that abuse the fact you have 2 weapons or use a skill that only uses a main hand like groundslam and treat the offhand like a utility weapon.

Most other skills have you alternating weapons per hit so the bonuses you get from dual wielding are minimal
>>
>>319740990
Well with claws on cyclone you get more lgoh as well as more attacks per second. As well as having 40% block quite easily.
I was also using mostly armour gear and grace so my defenses in that regard were really good, and claws are cheap. You should try it out if you get bored. It's always fun to do something that isn't just 100% cookie cutter.
>>
>>319741612
but 1h shield would be better. the gain in defenses outweighs the minimal dmg increase

also LGoH from the claws is local and only affects when that weapon hits
>>
poeurl.com/tNI

Easy mode, 400000% life, 2h cyclone build. I afk'd the last league with this, never died, did to tier maps easily. A good entry level weapon is Kaom's Primacy. Axes have the highest AOE radius for Cyclone and therefor are the best weapons. When Kaom's Primacy starts to feel low in damage, you should be able to find a Void Axe or Vaal Axe for a low enough price that'd end up being a huge upgrade.
>>
Anyone know how dagger fall looks like yet?Knowing GGG it will look and feel underwhelming just like their new poor man's blessed hammers
>>
>>319742164
Level 1 bladefall
req lvl 28
58-87 dmg
13 mana cost
67 DEX

Hits 5 times per cast 5% less dmg per volley

compared to other spells at level 28 the dmg is pretty insane
>>
>>319740686
Can I start playing now, or should I wait for the patch?
>>
>>319742349
You might as well give it a go now. It'll be less overwhelming, I think, than taking on a new patch with lots of new stuff when you already know nothing about the game.
>>
>>319742349
You could start playing now, when the patch hits your tree will get refunded though, and the character you create will be in Standard instead of the new challenge leagues; if you don't care about them, then you might as well get started, but if you do then just wait.
You can read about them on the main site, just like the countdown.
>>
>>319742349
wait till new leagues

start at 4PM EST 12.5 hours from now
>>
>>319742331
b-but how does it look?
>>
>>319742605
I remember seeing it but it's not on their Youtube channel, it might have been in the coverage for the next expansion.
>>
>>319742605
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/pathofexile.gamepedia.com/7/72/Bladefall.JPG

LMAO
>>
>>319742605
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCro9h8reZw
>>
>>319742791
That skill seems too fun
>>
>>319741876
The damage increase isn't exactly minimal. You can get a lot more damage on the tree for dual weilding than 1h/shield from what I found. Didn't know about claw lgoh being local though, that's good to know.
>>
too bad everyone in this game is busy trying to be "hardcore"

why the fuck would i want to make a build that takes me 50 levels to finally be able to use it, plus i need my super special unique to make it work, then i just die and have to start all over. fuck it, ill play d2
>>
>>319743391
Cry more bitch nigga
>>
>>319743391
ok
>>
>>319743391
Because of the stakes you bisounours
>>
>>319742791
>CYLONE
>FOR CASTERS
absolute madmen
>>
What's a tree? A character class?
>>
>>319742716
>reskinned firestorm
Why can't they make at least 1 pleasant looking school?
>>
are any talent calcs updated for the new patch
>>
so what is the best faceroll this league?

Flame totem / cyclone like always?
>>
>>319744145
Flame totem got kilt by chris

Cyclone got nerfed but will prolly be ok

lots of spells got buffed arc and EK will prolly be good again
>>
>>319743908
https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree
>>
>>319744291
Hm, I can't find these cyclone nerfs and my DNS is fucked so no patch notes. Any specifics?
I usually just run Lightys RT cyclone. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1302337
>>
>>319744514

>There was a display bug that caused Cyclone to show the wrong DPS value and attack speed. We have fixed this bug, so you'll now notice the visual DPS almost double and the attack speed on the gem shoot up a lot. In addition, we have reduced the damage of Cyclone by around 10% and have reduced the damage of its initial hit.

It's really nothing.
>>
>>319744663
10%, huh? Who gives a fuck.

What does the initial hit part mean? does the initial cast tick for higher or something on first hit?
>>
>>319743441
>>319743476
>>319743550
stop oppressing me!!
>>
>>319743653
>have a cyclone cast on crit bladestorm build semi worked out.
I'm going all out.
>>
>take all necro passives
>some mana regen so I can spam some cheap spell
>gg no re ez
>>
>>319744820
>Bladestorm COC Cylcone
>with aoe
>literally just walk beside something and they melt
madmen
>>
>>319738726
>>319738903
look up vendor recipes on the wiki. you can craft a +1 to x gems wand pretty easily.

seeing what gems you'll unlock from quests is handy too
>>
do you guys think population numbers will continue to decline? new league mechanics look fucking BORING and there are no MTC cosmetics for challenges, right?
>>
>>319743715
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree
Each of the 7 characters start at a different place in the tree.
>>
>>319745217
This set of challenges is for Rigwald's armor set.
I think they're gonna get another burst of people with the Ascendancy patch, it was a bit of a blunder for them to announce the expansion so soon after the challenge leagues, its hard to be nearly as excited for the challenge leagues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUUcfoVspaE
>>
anyone have a list of the challenges?
>>
>>319746012
http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public/news/10-12-2015b/TalismanChallengesFixed.jpg
Apparently the file's bigger than 4mb, so here's a link.
>>
File: 4.webm (1 MB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
4.webm
1 MB, 450x472
>>319746496
>enter each of the following unique maps 0/11
>full clear twinned map
>ID 4 rigwald uniques
>unique item vendor recipes
>identify 27 unique items
>identify 4 super uniques
>level 8 Zana
>>
>>319747008
Thankfully you don't need to do all 31 to get all mtx pieces.
>>
>>319747008
Yeah, these challenges seem pretty ridiculous. Honestly, way too over the top.
>>
Nope, not hyped about it at all anymore.

GGG pulled enough shit over the years for me to lose interest and stop getting burned.

Way more hyped for grim dawn finally releasing the rest of the game this month.
>>
>>319747181
that's still 5 hard challenges to bang through.

I am assuming Zana daily sharing will be one to do
clear twinned maps(?)
unique maps
rigwald uniques... maybe.
unique vendor recipes.

What hard ones are you guys going to aim for? I am still a newbie that hasn't ever hit higher tier maps past 8.
>>
>>319737808
GOD FUCK SHIT THAT IS HORRIFYING
>>
>>319739335

Its probably the best skin transfer in the game. The sword itself is shit and even the good parts off it like the ignite self was worked around so players cant use ignite self mechanic (the blessing is 33% total hp done to yourself each second in fire dmg but its not ignite, so you cant use items that would benefit from it)

The only reason to use it is that it apparently has a custom skin again and is a talking sword.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.