[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stormcloak or Imperial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 22
File: Stormcloack_Armor.jpg (15 KB, 263x340) Image search: [Google]
Stormcloack_Armor.jpg
15 KB, 263x340
I'm about 5 hours into this game (Elder scrolls Skyrim), and I'm aware of the two factions. I'm a Nord and not too fond of imperials running the land, but am friendly with many Nords who are friendly with the Imperials, particularly Whiterun as a whole.
Tell me without many spoilers about each faction, what they are and what they do. I'm tempted to join the stormcloaks and tell the Imperials to go back to Africa, but worried I'll make too many enemies with Nords.
>>
just uninstall desu senpai
>>
Imperial, if you like Whiterun as it is
>>
>>319727748
This.
Whiterun under stormcloak control was dumb as fuck, but riften under imperial control is dumb too.
>>
>>319727748
But it's it right to be keks to foreigners?

>>319727509
Nah senpai
>>
Let me break this shit down

The Cheecky Thalmar FUCKS want the empire to split so they can come in and take our women, so they impose all these bullshit laws on the nords so they get all buttmad and chimp out. If you join the stormcloaks you're helping the High Elf Thalmar fucks, so fight for the glory of the empire
>>
stormcloak is the reddit faction
>>
>>319726436
if you are a kek and want to make skyrim into sweden then choose imperials
>>
If you believe the Empire can be redeemed and return to the glory days and reunite to defeat the Thalmor then support them. If you believe the days of the Empire are long gone and each province is better off self-governing and just forming alliances against the Thalmor then go that route. The Thalmor doesn't like either faction and doesn't want either of them to win the war. The Thalmor just want the war to keep dragging out to wear down their enemies more.
>>
Stormcloak

-Sounds Cooler
-Imperial tried to kill me at start for no fucking reason
-I Hate imperials in general
-Ulfric>Tullius
-Dark Brotherhood+Stormcloaks for max imperial backslash
>>
>>319726436
It literally does not matter

Absolutely nothing important changes at all, some shitty dialogue and a skin swap is all that happens.

Skyrim isnt an RPG, dont expect your choices to mean shit, because they dont.
>>
>>319728024
Thalmor want the civil war to go on. Either side winning is bad for them.
>>
>>319728256
>Imperial tried to kill me at start for no fucking reason
This was literally my reason for excluding the Imperials completely.
I held that grudge until I slayed them all.
>>
>>319728024
anon, stop. no one is going to listen because that requires actual though, and reading the lore books in game like the Rising threat, but half these niggers couldn't even read if there welfare check was in it.
>>
poop
>>
>>319728072
People on Reddit dislike the Stormcloaks because they're "Skyrim is for the Nords" """"""racists"""""" and the Empire is all beautiful and multicultural. I'm not even fucking joking.
>>
>>319726436
The Empire is an empty husk of it's former self and has long since outlived it's usefulness.
The last dragonborn emperor died over 200 years ago and, while Titus Mead II is an okay guy, he gets killed the by the brotherhood which leaves the Elder Council vying for power.
The empire is well and truly FUBAR so the sooner it's nations become independent and stop wasting resources for keeping it on life support, the better.
>>
>>319726436
Stormcloaks are Thalmor puppets.

>stormcloaks win
>skyrim seperates from empire
>Dominion rapes both

>Imperials win
>empire stays together fro round two
>>
>>319727968
Who gives a shit about them. They're a bunch of rift raft anyways.
>>
I just modded the shit out of Skyrim with all the immersion, overhauls, enhanced textures, and shit my computer could take.

I'm thinking about making a khajiit or argonian first. Should I go warrior or mage? Stealth is no fun for me and I'd rather just take the direct approach.
>>
>>319728256
>>319728476
>-Imperial tried to kill me at start for no fucking reason

They were panicking, because they wanted Ulfric executed as soon as possible but suspected that Thalmor would try to pull some shit to stop it, like sending you as a saboteur. Not really an excuse, but there's your reason.

Hell, the Thalmor were right there at the execution site.
>>
>>319728751
The Thalmor only gives light support to the Stormcloaks to keep the war going. They even flat out note an independent Skyrim can cause just as much problems as Skyrim staying under the Empire. The Thalmor doesn't want the Stormcloaks to actually win because the Stormcloaks don't like the Thalmor any more than the Empire. They just want the war to drag on and waste lives and resources.
>>
EMPIRE all the way. Rebel scum can eat their own shit. Imperials are the rightful rulers of the land. Ulfric is this little pissy bitch that can't handle not screaming about Talos for 2 seconds when LITERALLY everyone else can. Imperials worship Talos just as much as Ulfric did/does, I literally cannot see a single reason to EVER go stormcloak
>>
>>319728918
A shitty reason is just as bad as no reason, maybe even worse.
>>
>>319728810
>I'd rather just take the direct approach
Heavy armor and two-handed weapons.
>>
>>319729041
>Imperials are the rightful rulers of the land.
Skyrim is for the Nords

Fuck off with your multiculturalism you imperial cuxk
>>
Ulfric is retarded, he could have waited a few years and the Empire would be ready to fight the Thalmor again. Pretty much all of the Imperials sympathize with the Stormcloaks, even General Tullius does.
>>
Reminder that even if the Stormcloak are right, Ulfric is a pissy little bitch who flat out murdered another Nord who would have been perfectly willing to listen to him, and was a coward who didn't follow the proper Nordic procedure for challenging High King Torygg to a duel. Even if skyrim would be better of independent Ulfric is a power hungry coward
>>
File: 1432609714618.jpg (117 KB, 396x691) Image search: [Google]
1432609714618.jpg
117 KB, 396x691
>>319729269
Fuck off thalmor shill
>>
>>319727984
The empire was established by a Nord, most of the emperors had Nord blood. It's stupid shits like you who ruined it.
>>
>>319729304
Kings are just men. What of higher ideals?
>>
>>319728918
>dindu nuffins
>>
>>319729269
No multiculturalism, but Imperials are the superior race over all other men. (Dunmer are best mer). The Empire is the rightful /subjugator/ of Skyrim
>>
>>319729292
Ulfric doesn't care because he thinks the Empire is incapable of ever beating the Thalmor because the Empire is falling apart and dying.
>>
File: 1448320497308.jpg (397 KB, 699x491) Image search: [Google]
1448320497308.jpg
397 KB, 699x491
>>319729364
>Imperials
>not Thalmor puppets
>>
>>319727968
wait the cities change? i dont remember that
>>
>>319729497
>you
>not wanting to fuck my boipussi
just say it bro
>>
>>319729409
And then they fucking banned Thalos worship.
>"""""""Nords"""""""""
>>
>>319729543
The Jarls change depending on who controls the area. So like if the Empire conquers Riften then Maven Black-Briar is made the new Jarl to replace the former pro-Stormcloak one.
>>
File: 1448320764990.jpg (108 KB, 427x623) Image search: [Google]
1448320764990.jpg
108 KB, 427x623
>>319729601
I... D-do...
>>
>>319729543
Minor changes senpai
>>
>>319729497
Worship the sacred Tamrielic Empire or be crushed beneath it
>>
File: cheers.jpg (25 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
cheers.jpg
25 KB, 560x420
>>319729304
Reminder that the Stormcloaks are right, Ulfric is a shrewd politician who flat out murdered an unworthy High King who bent over backwards for a dead Empire and the Dominion, and was a warrior who followed the proper Nordic procedure for challenging High King Torygg to a duel. Skyrim would be better off independent and Ulfric is a wise leader.

ftfy
>>
>>319729292
>empire tries to cede hammerfell
>hammerfell fights off thalmor by itself anyway
empire is plain retarded
>>
>>319729543
The guards change and the Jarl changes.

The problem with Riften is that Maven Blackbriar takes over under the Empire
>>
>>319729543
They stay destroyed because of the invasion
>>
>>319726436
the faction where you either have to kill your son or nuke boston that one
>>
File: 1449374371467.png (113 KB, 695x820) Image search: [Google]
1449374371467.png
113 KB, 695x820
>>319729465
>Imperials are the superior race
And as a Nord, you've wholly convinced me to the Stormcloaks
>>
>>319729764
Hammerfell won because the Empire discharged all the legionnaires fighting there so they could keep fighting.
>>
So what reasons would a non-Nord dragonborn have to fight for the Stormcloaks?
>>
>>319729940
Common sense.
>>
>>319729828
Nords are overrated. HINGER-DINGER-HINGER IM A NORD IM A TOUGH NORTHERNER IM GOING TO BE STUBBORN AND SCREW THE EMPIRE OVER FOR THE NEXT ERA
>>
>>319729409
>The empire was established by a Nord

This is what Nords actually believe
>>
>>319729797
>He still thinks this is a real spoiler
>>
>>319729764
If you're telling me that a free Skyrim can have a chance at beating Thalmor, there is literally no reason not to want it
>>
>>319729917
>implying the legion didn't desert after the Empire gave up Hammerfell
>>
>>319729940
You could agree with the ideals of the Stormcloaks more than the Empire's? You could also just be a greedy fuck and see more personal benefit by supporting Ulfric. He does make you a part of his own household during the quest line.
>>
>>319726436
Nothing changes. It's mainly cosmetic. According to Kirkbride the real villains of the story win anyway, so not only does picking a side not affect gameplay, but it doesn't have any implications in the plot either.

Just know that the empire is under attack outside of Skyrim and they are too weak to maintain order, but otherwise are not really harmful to Skyrim in any way.

They're just asking you to "FIGHT THE MAN" or to not, don't think about it too much.
>>
>>319730000
You don't deserve these quads.

Skyrim is for the nords, cuxkboi
>>
>>319729917
>>319729764
That and Redguards are the fucking masters of combat, they are capable of forming lightsabers out of their souls.

Meanwhile, the Nordic superpower of shouting now only really belongs to a couple of useless monks,
>>
>>319730001
>imperials don't even remember their own history
The Empire is well and truly dead.
>>
>TFW playing Imperial
>Want to support the empire but holy shit they're really bad at their job
>Stormcloaks would treat me like shit for not being a Nord, but they're actually doing shit

I'm not that far into the game and i've already got a tough choice.
>>
>>319730000
The Empire has been screwed long before the Stormcloak rebellion buddy.
>>
>>319730175
>forming lightsabers out of their souls
Metal as fuck, tell me more
>>
>>319730185
How is it a tough choice? There literally is not a choice. Imperials all the way
>>
>>319729940
The desire to kill imperial scum? Maybe too much time on their hands?
>>
>>319730185
Ulfric and his second in command aren't racist and flat out say as long as you're fighting for an independent Skyrim they don't care what race you are.
>>
>>319730185
>Viking ISIS or functioning Empire
Gee wiz, who should I take. The people who have been around for thousands of years, or the people who are violently racist against non-humans, and intolerant of non-Nords?
>>
All these people complaining about imperials trying to kill you at the start were doing their duty in executing traitors and thieves. Which are you, a traitor or a thief?
>>
File: you.jpg (39 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
39 KB, 620x349
>>319730251
>Be a cluck all the way.
>>
File: usrs.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
usrs.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>319730439
>functioning Empire
>>
>>319726436
Really doesn't matter in the game.

But realistically speaking, the Thalmor will easily stomp over the Empire even more if Skyrim is seperated. Less resources, lower manpower pool and all that. It's pretty obvious that losing an entire country will weaken the Empire, so I mean, if you want the Thalmor to annex everything, go ahead and side with Stormcloak, who even regrets what he did.
>>
>>319730459
That she-boon calling for my head for no damn reason is burned into my memory
>>
>>319730439
The same Empire that got their ass kicked by elves, lost tons of land, is in a stalemate in the war against the Stormcloaks and gets their own Emperor assassinated by a half-dead Dark Brotherhood?
>>
>>319730653
>who even regrets what he did
He regrets Alduin feeding on the souls of the dead, not fighting for a free Skyrim.
>>
>>319730698
Implying you weren't trying to escape skyrim because you're fucking scum.

Did no one else play these games as if you were someone who actually belonged on the axeman's block?
>>
>>319730764
How did the Empire get their ass kicked anyway? And what territory did the Thalmor invade from, what did they own? Tamriel isn't THAT big, is it?
>>
File: fire-sverd-tyr-460x305.jpg (58 KB, 460x305) Image search: [Google]
fire-sverd-tyr-460x305.jpg
58 KB, 460x305
>>319730439
>>Viking ISIS
>This is a bad thing
>>
>>319730807
>fleeing Skyrim
I was a Nord returning home
>>
don't try and go for which ever one is morally right/pragmatic choice your better off choosing whichever one you think is cooler.
>>
>>319730181
>Nordfucks fell for the progapanda
>http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Arcturian_Heresy

> Leading his forces was Hjalti Early-Beard. Hjalti was from the island kingdom of Alcaire, in High Rock, and would become Tiber Septim, the First Emperor of Tamriel.

>>319730248
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Sword-singer

Basically, Redguards sign to themselves to create spirit swords.
>>
Massive centralized governing bodies always end up being terribly corrupt, slow, inefficient, and eventually defeat the purpose of their existence. Also it's a breeding ground for all the negative traits of capitalism, ultimately concentrating power and wealth in the hands of very few individuals with more often than not, dubious interests at heart. You might say that the benefit is a certain stability and safety, which happens to be a rather boring setting for a game where the main source of fun is smashing heads.

Alternatively, small independent nations often tend to fail at maintaining a balance of power and quickly spiral into conflict with other nations. Obviously the opportunities that stem from that situation are endless for mercenaries and "heroes".

Personally, I try to side with the faction that, in the grand scheme of things, keeps the world as I want it to be given the nature of the character I'm playing. So yeah, Stormcloaks it is. Also the name has a nice ring to it.
>>
>>319730613
barely functioning is still functioning
nice b9 though m9
>>
>>319731151
If you want to be ruled by elves, sure, let the Stormcloaks win so that the Empire has less strength.
>>
>>319730825
The Empire was already weak since it has been having problems ever since the Septim dynasty died. Summerset, Valenwood, and Elsweyr were now part of the Thalmor. Black Marsh broke off because of the Oblivion Crisis. Morrowind and High Rock was a mess. Titus Mede II just ascended the throne and the Thalmor declared war and attacked Cyrodiil and Hammerfell. Many battles later the Thalmor won, the Redguards got pissed because the Empire let the Thalmor take some Hammerfell land so the Empire abandoned Hammerfell, and Talos worship was banned. There's bigger articles if you like the details.
>>
>>319731256
>Redguards didn't do this
>Thalmor doesn't admit that he just wants prolonged conflict, and a free Skyrim isn't just as problematic
>>
>>319731423
You're ignoring the fact that the Empire left a fuckton of troops in Hammerfell to help them fight it out, even though they're 'officially' not supporting them anymore. Talos worship ban was also never enforced, since just about every human except Redguards is a Talos worshipper anyway, until Ulfric had to make a big fuss about it.
>>
File: Professor Scam.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Professor Scam.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
>Side with the Empire
>Help them seize control, everything's going well
>Then assassinate the emperor since the Dark Brotherhood wants it

I think i've officially become "that guy".
>>
>>319731256
The Empire barely has any strength regardless. All their land is either in ruins or having rebellions like Skyrim.
>>
>>319731626
>banning your religion is even moderately alright, no matter how "unenforced"
If you're an American, the founding fathers are rolling in their graves and you should be ashamed.
>>
>>319730459
I'm an imperial who was trying to cross the border according to that guy at the beginning

Basically even though I look white they knew I was Hispanic the whole time
>>
>>319731823
It's out of necessity, you stupid jingoistic fuck. The Empire is weak and needs to stay quiet until they recover enough for round two. Ulfric's bitching coincidentally managed to give the Thalmor the excuse they needed to meddle even more, and that's because he's their fucking pawn.
>>
>>319730459
A Nord Imperial-loyal spy who got caught trying to sneak into Skyrim to work on accessing and assassinating both the Thalmor and Stormcloaks. I got pretty attached to him, he adopted the Windhelm girl because he felt guilty about possibly killing her father.
>>
File: 1449611093194.jpg (181 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1449611093194.jpg
181 KB, 1440x900
>>319732030
>giving Thalmor any concessions
>especially on something so important to your people
You are the cuxk
>>
just how weakened was the empire by the end of the war
>>
>>319732030
>The Empire is weak and needs to stay quiet until they recover enough for round two
They can't, you dumb fuck. Even if the Empire keeps Skyrim they're still screwed.
The only way the Dominion is to be defeated is if the independent nations of Tamriel decide to oppose them together because they want to, not because a dying empire said they have to.
>>
>>319731626
Regardless of the aid most Redguards still feel betrayed by the Empire and hates them. Talos worship is still enforced by the Thalmor who enforce it when they can. Ulfric is pissed because he feels like the Empire betrayed the Nords by ever even agreeing to such a deal in the first place.
>>
File: friendly altmer.png (23 KB, 550x585) Image search: [Google]
friendly altmer.png
23 KB, 550x585
>>319732241
>le cuk cuk cuk xD
>trying to bait Imperials and Nords into a full-out war they can't yet win

I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>319728439
No, they're backing the Stormcloaks wholly. They want the war to last for a long time, but they also want the stormcloaks to win so Skyrim is an easy win.
>>
>>319732737
>No, they're backing the Stormcloaks wholly
But that's wrong senpai
>>
>>319732828
>But that's wrong senpai
But that's wrong senpai.
>>
>>319732554
>full-out war they can't yet win
Implying the falling """""empire"""""" could win in any case
It's not like Nord resentment disappears anyhow. The literal niggers managed it fine enough.
>>
File: question.jpg (71 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
71 KB, 400x276
Is there a way to just join thalmor?
>>
>>319732737
The Thalmor's own dossier says they're only giving light support because they don't want to help Ulfric so much that he wins the war because an independent Skyrim is just as much a problem as the Empire winning.
>>
File: 1448289042854.jpg (58 KB, 388x410) Image search: [Google]
1448289042854.jpg
58 KB, 388x410
>>319732956
no u
>>
>>319732991
Join? No but there's little side quests where you can help them.
>>
>>319726436
Neither choice is correct, it is one of the biggest problems with this game. Choosing between a douche and a turd with no option to say fuck it and walk away.
>>
>>319733138
They probably wouldn't take a redguard like me anyways.
>>
>>319733195
You can say fuck it and walk away. It's called never doing the quest line.
>>
picked elf
joined stromcloakcs
kill anyone who oppeses talos
>>
>>319732991
In a good game, there would be.
>>
>>319733436
I did do the Stormcloak quest line as a female High Elf once and just pretended she was obsessed over Ulfric.
>>
>>319732991

>No option to go High Elf, join the Dominion and purge the land in cleansing fire

A sad day indeed.
>>
>>319733292
Wow awesome, I am so glad I put money and time towards this game I will have no closure with because the developers are hacks.
>>
>>319726436
Here's the deal:

The Empire is clearly a shadow of its former self and probably won't last another couple of centuries anyway; absolutely everyone who isn't retarded knows this. However, some say that a united Empire is still the best chance that humanity has against the Thalmor, as they can replace soldier within only a couple of decades unlike Elves who take fuckever to mature into potential soldiers. The reason why the Emperor signed the White-Gold Concordat was because he wanted to buy the Empire time to recover its strength and replenish its armies before the fighting broke out again; besides, pretty much nobody even enforces the ban on Talos worship anyway. There's also the fact that the Thalmor only benefit from the Stormcloak Rebellion as it divides and distracts the Empire, allowing the elves to move in for the kill.

The Stormcloaks, on the other hand, are Nordic nationalists with a deep distrust of other races (especially elves) and view the Empire as only a cancer-infested bloat that's willing to kiss the Thalmor's ass for a few decades of survival. Nords are a warrior culture and believe that an independent Skyrim will be able to repel the Thalmor; this isn't without precedent as I'm pretty sure the Thalmor learned really fast not to fuck with the Redguards. Skyrim is also very difficult to invade, being surrounded by mountains and arctic seas. And while the Thalmor benefit from the rebellion, they never actually accounted for Ulfric succeeding and creating an independent Skyrim.

Why does Skyrim have to have such an interesting setting and lore but have such shitty unbearable gameplay?
>>
>>319729543
Whiterun get destroyed and one of the houses gets blocked off, so you can't finish a certain Thieves Guild optional quest and you have to keep giving it up everytime it's given to you.
>>
>>319734382
>Why does Skyrim have to have such an interesting setting and lore but have such shitty unbearable gameplay?
Because it has to sell so the gameplay needs to appeal to the lowest common denominator, i.e. casuals.
>>
>>319729765

>implying that's a problem
>>
>>319734592
I lose my fucking house if I join a faction?
>>
>>319735168
Not your house. A random NPC house. You can't complete the optional Thieves Guild quest because you can't access the house.
>>
>>319734967
Maven Blackbriar offends your character personally. Any game that lets this go unpunished is poorly designed game. As the Dragonborn and chief badass in Skyrim I should be able to enact semingly exorbitant punishments on Maven for her disrespectful attitude. She besmirched me so it is only fitting that she she and her entire family and name are punished.
>>
>>319735391
How fucked is whiterun if the Stormcloaks take it? What does this do to my thane status with Jarl nigger the greater?
>>
>>319735765
Balgruf or whatever his name is is put in jail and some new dude becomes Jarl. He'll call you out for siding with Ulfric on his way out, though.
>>
File: 1448309242250.jpg (6 KB, 220x182) Image search: [Google]
1448309242250.jpg
6 KB, 220x182
>>319735912
I'm his fucking thane God damn.
He said he was neutral, that liar.
>>
>>319736082
He basically is neutral; he mainly cares about Whiterun and doesn't give a shit about the civil war. He throws his lot in with the Empire later on though, partly because he thinks that that'll lead to a more stable Whiterun and partly because he doesn't really like Ulfric.

At least you don't kill him, you'll have to beat him down but after that he'll go peacefully.
>>
>>319736082
He's basically forced to pick a side and picks the Empire in the end.
>>
>>319728664
Just like liberals hate america for the same reasons. It's actually pretty poetic.
>>
>>319728810
Depends on if you're using a perk mod or not. If not, you'll be better off as a warrior. Warrior perks and enchantments actually increase damage; mage perks and enchantments only reduce spell cost.
>>
>>319729652
Can you actually do anything against Maven in the vanilla game? Like, imprison her or kill her or something like that? Is it possible to mod it it without fucking up the game?
>>
>>319729764
The Empire left behind a ton of Imperial soldiers who had been rendered "invalids". Hammerfell didn't go it alone. They also had the home field advantage on harsh terrain.
>>
>>319737370
In the main game? No. Whoever wrote this game had a GMILF fetish.
>>
>>319730003
I think it was actually supposed to be a joke, but hey, let your autism decide.
>>
>>319737504
>Skyrim isn't harsh landscape
>imperial forces in Skyrim aren't already heavily saturated with Nords
>>
>>319730698
At least you get to kill her mere minutes later.
>>
>>319737843
And I didn't because I was true noob and was trying to figure the game out.

Instead I just ran with the first Joe I met and ended up killing a bunch of Stormcloaks, and wish I didn't.
>>
>>319731702
You know, it's actually possible to *not* do some quests if they don't match your character. There's even an option to wipe out the Dark Brotherhood.
>>
>>319731823
The Empire wasn't really enforcing that ban until Ulfric decided to make noise about it. Imperials don't believe in banning Talos any more than the Nords do. When you kill Ulfric, Legate Rikke says "Talos be with you," and Tullius doesn't report her or anything.
>>
>>319738023
>You know, it's actually possible to *not* do some quests if th
>>319738023
This would be fine if the game acknowledged it in some way. As it stands you get the quest forever until you do it. There needs to be some option to tell the fucking idiots giving you the quest to fuck off and make it permanent,
>>
File: 1442117791932.png (100 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1442117791932.png
100 KB, 400x600
>There are people on /v/ that didn't immediately disregard the main quest, proceeded to fuck around for 40 or so hours, and then start the main quest with shit tons of broken enchanted items and armor.
>>
>>319738364
This was also really bad with the Blades and how after you sign the treaty they all of a sudden demand that you kill Parthuunax, and refuse to help you until you do. There's no option to tell them to shut the fuck up and remind them that they're supposed to be serving you, not the other way around.
>>
>>319738573
>There are people on /v/ who played skyrim for more than 10 minutes
>>
>>319730439
>my people before others now translate into being ISIS

You're a major faggot
>>
The stormcloaks are Thalmor puppets.
>>
>>319738663
It's literally the best game for mods out there are this moment in time. The Witcher 3 COULD have taken that spot, but CD Projekt decided that money is shit.
>>
File: 1411971742457.jpg (290 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1411971742457.jpg
290 KB, 1280x960
>>319738663
Yeah, I know.

I wanted to play it to find legitimate flaws and provide discussion.

I went backwards in the series, turns out I like morrowind the most
>>
>>319738769
Fallout NV is better,
>>
>>319738894

Oblivion is best.
>>
Who /doesn'tdothecivilwarquestline/ here?
>>
>>319739161
Oblivion is shit and mods cannot redeem the massive disappointment it caused,
>>
Is there any way to just say 'fuck it' to the whole war and just screw over the Thalmor as hard as possible?

I'm Argonian, I was just passing through the province on my way to my brother's house! I don't give a flying shit about Skyrim, but I'LL BE DAMNED IF I HAVE TO TOSS MY SHRINE OF TALOS IN THE SHITTER!
>>
>>319726436
It matters very little because it affects very little. One mission, the peace talks at High Hrothgar has different dialogue and outcomes depending on where you're at in the Civil War questline, but that's it. What's a little more important (but still relatively unimportant) is whether you kill Paarthurnax and keep rebuilding the Blades, or keep him alive to lead the Greybeards.
>>
The Imperials are the lesser of two evils. They are a massive unwieldy military bureaucracy that doesn't understand the cultures of the peoples it rules, and is currently just trying to put down a rebellion when its resources are stretched thin without really knowing how. The Imperials suck Thalmor dick and are not good for Skyrim in the long run, but compared to the Stormcloaks they are relatively harmless.

The Stormcloaks are legitimately genocidal, and have their oirigins in an attempt to kill the native Bretons of western Skyrim, the Forsworn. They also seem committed to making other races in Skyrim, such as the Dunmer, perpetual second class citizens, and have a clear racially-charged message that Skyrim is only for the Nords. They were begun by a power-mad opportunistic warlord, Ulfric Stormcloak, who purposefully incited the Empire's anger by rebelling against a law agains the worship of the local deity Talos that was a law in name only, and no one paid attention to, until the Stormcloaks rebelled against it. The law was put in place as a placeholder for the Imperials to appease the Thalmor after the war, but the Stormcloaks took it as a political excuse to incite anti-Imperial fervor, and in so doing, make it so that people ACTUALLY began to be religiously persecuted for worshipping Talos, so that a war would begin and more people would flock to the Stormcloaks to escape the very religious persecution they incited.

tl;dr the Imperials are a faceless incompetent evil, but the Stormcloaks are genuinely genocidal and are founded on a false flag operation.
>>
>>319738894
Well, I mean, you're not wrong about how fantastic a lot of mods for NV are. That being said, they are very few in number, whereas I can name a massive list of Good mods for Skyrim. Whether you want a few great mods or a lot of good mods is entirely up to personal preference.

>>319739161
Fuck off
>>
>>319728804
>rift raft

HAHASJKLDHAJKLSDGHKLASDJKLASD

STOP FUCKING SPOUTING MEMES UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW TO SPELL THEM YOU FUCKING NIGGER

IT'S RIFF RAFF YOU FUCKING KYKE
>>
>>319739971
>The Imperials suck Thalmor dick

No they don't. They hate the Thalmor as much as anyone. Tullius himself says there will absolutely be another war. They're just not strong enough to do it at the moment, and the civil war is certainly not helping things.
>>
>>319740692
eyy lamo

don't get your pandies up in a buckle meighty. For all intensive purposes, you have no right to tell other people how to meme, you pre-Maddonna.
>>
>>319741203
11/10

fuck me lol
>>
>>319729738
He was fucking 17 or something like that, a fucking kid
Not only that but he was Ulfrics dick sucker, if Ulfric would talk to him he would fucking listen to him and do what he wanted
Ulfric killed a kid that admired him only because he wants power
Also killing your enemy with Thu'Um when he doesn't have it is hardly a fair duel, in fact using magic in said duel would be more fair because at least magicka flows through everything and is readily available while Thu'Um is fucking backwards retarded and overpowered tonal reality warping technique that fucks with earthbones and Aurbis on fundamental level
>>
>>319730248
Back when Orchilaic tower was intact Redguards could use a form of tonal architecture (Yes, the same type of reality warping as Dwemer fuckery and Nordic Shouting) to sing reality into forming swords out of their spirits and doing techniques with said spirit sword that could be devastating enough to destroy regions
Imagine a horde of Arab motherfuckers with glowing strange as shit curved swords coming at you and singing some strange shit that seems to resonate with everything for some reason and then these motherfuckers slash at you from miles away and now you are fucking split in half, that's the Ansei Shehai Shen She Ru, the way of the spirit sword.
>>
>>319742197
This sounds like some crazy-ass anime shit
Is all EO lore like this?
>>
>>319742324
Yes.
>>
>>319737505
>Storyboard Director
>Skwisgaar Skwigelf

Now I understand why the game was dildos
>>
File: max_res_default.jpg (36 KB, 223x349) Image search: [Google]
max_res_default.jpg
36 KB, 223x349
>>319742197
>Ansei Shehai Shen She Ru
>>
>>319742324
a lot of it is like that, though Bethesda always fails to fucking portray that ingame
Here is what Thu'um is supposed to be like

>HOAGA, the Mouth of Mud, who appeared as a great bearded king, had the powers of Marshalling and breathing the earth. On the battlefields, this demon would often be seen on the sidelines, eating the soil voraciously. When his men fell, Hoaga would fill their bodies back with it, whereupon they would rise again and fight, albeit slower.
>CHEMUA, the Running Hunger, who appeared as a mounted soldier with full helm, had the powers of Heart Roaring and of sky sickening. He ate the Chimeri hero, Dres Khizumet-e, sending the spirit back to the Hortator as an assassin.
>CHEMUA, the Running Hunger, who appeared as a mounted soldier with full helm, had the powers of Heart Roaring and of sky sickening. He ate the Chimeri hero, Dres Khizumet-e, sending the spirit back to the Hortator as an assassin..
>BARFOK, Maid of Planes, who appeared as a winged human with lick-encrusted spear, had the powers of Event Denouement. Battles fought against her would always end in victory for Barfok, because she could shape outcomes by singing

And most importantly Wulf, The fucking Ysmir, teacher of Tiber fucking Septim who could hurl villages with his voice like meteorites

Knowing lore and playing Skyrim you can see how ingame thu'um is similar but toned by a lot down due to technical limitations, but when you don't know lore it just seems like...well fucking magic that doesn't need magicka to get cast and has cooldown
I mean, for example bend will shout from Skyrim most likely can bend will of reality itself lorewise, I could imagine Dragonborn bending will of sea for example to let him pass through it etc.
>>
>>319742790
Holy crap

Is there a nicely-packaged way to read up on this without having to put up with awful Bethesda gameplay? And I also heard that the Argonians are basically ayyliums or something, could you elaborate on that?
>>
>>319742790
Realistically the only way to portray something like that would be for it to be heavily scripted and not usable by the player, i.e. you don't play as the Dragonborn.

In some ways the open world design of the Elder Scrolls and the utter shitballs craziness of the lore are at odds with each other, because even if it were somehow technically possible to implement all those abilities in the game, they would utterly destroy any sense of balance or cohesion.
>>
Are imperials white?
>>
>>319743024
TES lore is very big, while that's good it can be frsutrating for new lorenerds to get into TES because of that
here is a good guide, though it's a bit outdated
>http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

As for Argonians, we need to start with the Hist

Hist are sentient hivemind trees that had their own realm in Oblivion at some point
When last Kalpa (time unite used to measure span of a universe from it's birth to it's death, yes TES universe gets destroyed and rebirthed every now and then) ended Hist on a small chunk of their realm somehow managed to survive and get into current Kalpa
BlackMarsh is crashlaned chunk of their realm
Argonians are antiboddies of black marsh that live in simbiosis with hist
>>
File: enb 2015_12_11 01_28_35_32.jpg (748 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
enb 2015_12_11 01_28_35_32.jpg
748 KB, 1920x1080
>>319728179
You realize siding with the Stormcloaks only keks Skyrim and the rest of the Empire even more, right?
>>
>>319743993
The Thalmor never actually expected Ulfric to succeed, they don't want a fully independent Skyrim any more than they want a strong Empire.
>>
>>319743993
>mfw playing the game I fully realized this
>mfw wait a minute, if the FUCKING NIGGERS IN HAMMERFELL DID IT, WE CAN DO
>SKYRIM FOR THE NORDS

Also, if you choose Imperial, it's heavily implied that you continue serving the Thalmor for quite some time, and the Imperial Resistance is a fucking pipe dream

Yes, the Thalmor orchestrated Skyrim's civil war -- but they can't determine the outcome.

A Skyrim-Hammerfell alliance is literally the only logical solution. Then let the Empire eventually rise up against the Thalmor, like they planned to do all along.
>>
>>319744254
>Also, if you choose Imperial, it's heavily implied that you continue serving the Thalmor for quite some time, and the Imperial Resistance is a fucking pipe dream

Where the hell is that implied? Tullius straight up says "We're going to fight the Thalmor again pretty soon."
>>
>>319742324
It's a lot of Here Be Dragons unsubstantiated anime shit. Like, motherfucker literally gets diced into seven pieces yet still lingers for a few more weeks so he can deliver a dying monologue to his pals. That kind of stuff.
>>
>>319744254
there is one thing most of the people don't consider about the Empire
>The Emperor is getting old. Don't know how much longer he'll hang on. So is the whole Empire, for that matter. Getting old, that is. The Emperor and the legions have held the Empire together for hundreds of years. It's been a good thing, by and large. But maybe it's time for a change. Time for something young and new. What? No idea. Because I'm old. Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty.
That is literally a quote from avatar of Talos in Morrowind, and Talos knows best.

I also love how TES games are so consistent with their own prophecies for next game, morrowind had two guys that literally spell out main story for Oblivion.
>>
File: 383568936958.png (18 KB, 527x594) Image search: [Google]
383568936958.png
18 KB, 527x594
>>319726436
>siding with the Stormcloaks
>>
>>319726436
Go for stormcloaks, imagine the dragonborn with Ufric at the frontline.
OP shouting and generally lulzy battle.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.