[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>literally no Fast Racing Neo threads What the fuck, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (423 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
423 KB, 1920x1080
>literally no Fast Racing Neo threads

What the fuck, /v/? Is nobody else excited for the almost return of F-Zero? This is one of the most competent, and most enjoyable racing games I've played. It very well may be a serious contender for my GOTY.
>>
YEA DUDE THIS GAME IS THE SHIT
>>
>>319722091
This is how an indie game should look like, not the same pixelshit garbage.
>>
File: Cyber Speedway (U) Front.jpg (537 KB, 1417x2373) Image search: [Google]
Cyber Speedway (U) Front.jpg
537 KB, 1417x2373
Looks more like Wipeout than F-Zero to me.
>>
>First cup
Okay, this is a damn nice F-Zero throwback. Courses are all good looking, fairly standard with their design but work very well
>Second cup
HOLY FUCK IS THAT A MECH WALKER ATTACKING THE COURSE THIS IS AWESOME AND WHAT THE SHIT NOW I'M IN AN ASTEROID FIELD AND EVERYTHING'S EXPLODING THIS IS SO FAST

Cup 3 is kicking my ass, too. Why the hell did these guys not get the F-Zero license?
>>
>>319722091
Is there local multiplayer and is it still 60fps?
>>
>>319722091
>Why aren't you excited for literally Audio Surf, /v/?

Who knows
>>
>>319723478
>Why the hell did these guys not get the F-Zero license
Because Nintendo hates you
>>
>>319723557
>Audio Surf
The fuck? Higher quality posts, please. Delete this.
>>
>>319723338

People keep saying this but I don't get why. It's much faster than Wipeout for one, the tracks are pretty wide too
>>
>>319723813
It's no Fatal Inertia Ex. But it's good as it get on Wii U right now.
>>
>>319723551
There is split screen local but it causes a frame rate drop.
>>
>>319723986

I just hope you can turn off that camera tilting, it looks pretty annoying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_8kQOCv0K0
>>
>>319724192
Nope, and not really.
>>
>>319723773
>You're fast
>You collect glowing orbs to go faster

Yeah. It's Audio Surf

Not to mention that online is at slowest speed only, which is reasonable, because no server can handle such high speeds without rubber banding yet, but it's a deal breaker for me nonetheless.
>>
>>319724535
So long, dumbass.
>>
>>319724535

In what mode do you collect boost orbs in Audiosurf?
>>
>>319722091
f-zero is about taking hairpin turns as fast as possible. this game is fzero for the n64 aka kiddie rollercoaster. talk to me when they make f-zero gx
>>
>>319725176

>this game is fzero for the n64

F-Zero X is good
>>
>return of F-Zero
LOL.
More like return of Wipeout.
The shitty PSP one.
>>
>>319722091
Racing game of the generation?
>>
>>319725807

Well, there aren't very many racing games this gen, apart from cookie cutter simcades so it's probably up there just because of that
>>
where the full-speed footage at

also PC version when; I'm too lazy to plug my Wii U back in
>>
So are there any mechanics in this that aren't gone over in the manual or the loading screens? Like, is there a way to lose less speed when landing on the ground after a jump? From what I can tell, trying to angle your ship differently when you land doesn't seem to do anything about the speed loss.

Pretty cool game. It's not GX, but for an indie game it's not bad at all.
>>
>>319726142

You mean the fastest mode? Here's some kind of comparison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzasnULJnhM
>>
How bad is the framerate drop in local multiplayer? Is it like Mario Kart where it's slashed in half above a certain number of players?
>>
>>319722091
color switching mechanic has a very low skill ceiling. play the tracks a couple times and you'll have the correct colors down. then what do you have? not much. needs crazy turns
>>
>literally no Fast Racing Neo threads
Use the catalog chucklefuck.
>>319707265

>>319723478
>Why the hell did these guys not get the F-Zero license?
Because they don't want it and have repeatedly stated they wanted to create their own game rather than use other people's IPs.
>>
>>319724535
>Not to mention that online is at slowest speed only, which is reasonable, because no server can handle such high speeds without rubber banding yet, but it's a deal breaker for me nonetheless.
Don't forget that there's no leaderboards in Time Trials despite how simple it would be to implement and you can't select individual tracks when racing in Local Multiplayer, it's just the same four track cup setups every time.
>>
>>319726597
Mostly stable with two players, with three and four players the framerate gets capped at a 30FPS.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.