[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we actually have a discussion about this game that isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14
Can we actually have a discussion about this game that isn't just a big circlejerk?
Personally, besides the online and MAYBE event matches, this is the least fun I've had with a Smash game. Seriously look at this:
>target smash is replaced with Angry Birds
>smash tour is one big giant poopy
>coin launcher, which was a fun mini game, is replaced by just breaking boxes
>classic mode is is not very traditional as it used to be
I'm not saying the game is terrible, but I think (and please don't shit on me for saying this) that I had more fun with Brawl despite the gameplay not being up to par with Melee or 4.
What do you guys think?
Also, please don't shit up the thread with "HURR MUH PREFERRED SMUSH GAEM IS BEDDER".
>>
>>319713285
>Can we actually have a discussion about this game that isn't just a big circlejerk?
No.
>>
I've had my 300 hours with it, started really good but the problems became more and more apparent the more i play it, to the point where nowdays i get really pissed if i'm not playing on Team For Fun but finding a match there can take a while
The next Smash game really should change things up more instead of being a tweaked Brawl with different contents
>>
>>319713961
>I've had my 300 hours with it, started really good but the problems became more and more apparent the more i play it, to the point where nowdays i get really pissed if i'm not playing on Team For Fun
Same. This game gets me so irate and I don't even understand why.
>>
File: 1389007401394.jpg (139 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1389007401394.jpg
139 KB, 640x480
Let's get this shit started
>Tr4sh
>>
>>319713285
My only gripe was there was no Subspace Emissary-esque story mode. How can you put all that time and effort into a shitstain like Brawl but not put it into Smash 4? Yes, I heard his shitty reasonings behind why but that's a piss poor excuse
>>
I will never not be butthurt that there is no Peach upskirt
>>
>>319713285
There's a lot of nitpicks I have, but the (lacking) Single player content you and the anon listed above takes the cake. Would love to have Smash Run with more courses as well. Hell, Palutena's Temple is already a great template for that.
>>
I just really miss wectoring
>>
>>319714357
Literally all of Sakurai's excuses are awful, whether it's for something you like or not
>>
I hate how all the trophy descriptions are shitty jokes.

I always liked smash as sort of archive of video game history, and 4 really dropped the ball with that.
>>
>>319714357
No, fuck you. Subspace Emissary was shit. It's a fighting game, it doesn't need an adventure mode, what it needs is many varied modes to play. Smash Run is a step in the right direction, but they should've created more than one map, or a randomizing map, like another anon just below you said. They should have also made the Smash Run events selectable to play a la Kirby Air Ride's City Trial events. I like Sm4sh, it's an improvement over Brawl in every way. If you want a lengthy single player adventure, go play an RPG.
>>
>Robin has 4 colors per gender, colors are locked into gender, no blue female robin no red male robin
>villager has 4 colors per gender
>Alph/Olimar have 4 colors each
>WFT has 4 colors per gender
>Little Mac gets 8 regular colors and 8 wireframe colors

>Music is either butchered from the source, taken from Brawl, or is a shitty remix
>>
I've had a lot of fun with 4, but I see what you mean OP. Brawl had pretty robust single player and had a lot to offer as far as fun party options. It was a step up from Melee in every way except actual gameplay. 4 's got a great roster and improved gameplay from brawl, but didn't really actually add anything of substance (besides 8 player smash).
In terms of gameplay modes I would have loved another subspace emissary. It would have been fun seeing the new characters actually interact in a story.
>>
>>319714357
Yeah it was a piss poor excuse, I honestly would've been less upset if he just upright said it took too much time or something like that. Pretty much everything is going to get uploaded and spoiled on the internet.
>>
I think I would be less annoyed by the S tiers being so much blatantly better than everyone else if we hadn't gotten like six balance patches already. All they seem to wanna adjust is damage and knockback values when it's frame data that fucks everything up.
>>
File: eliwoods face when.png (152 KB, 371x578) Image search: [Google]
eliwoods face when.png
152 KB, 371x578
>>319715270
I won't complain about the music. With Mila's Divine Blessing is leagues better than the original song

>tfw Alm's Map theme has no name and get's no love
>>
>>319715461
Alm's theme isn't really all that great though, honestly.

Gaiden had a lot of great ideas but the game is tedious as all hell to actually play. I can't even imagine trying to play it without a emulator fast forward key.
>>
>>319715270
>Robin has 4 colors per gender, colors are locked into gender, no blue female robin no red male robin

This actually upsets me because Blue and Green are the best Robin colors, but they're both male Robin's colors.
Good thing I don't play Robin.
>>
>>319715679
I'm mostly talking about the version that's in FE6, but only used on the trial maps. Gaiden tries really hard to be like traditional RPG's. Shining Force does that better.
>>
>>319714357
>My only gripe was there was no Subspace Emissary-esque story mode.

Why? Subspace Emissary was shit.
Why would you want that development time to go into something that people didn't play and that accounted for very little of what people actually did with the game.
>>
>>319715270
Villager not having the viking or witches hat is a greater offense than 4 costumes per gender.
>>
>>319715857
Instead of devoting development time to the smash board and the master/crazy hand ordeal things?
>>
>No Smash Run in U
>Losing in Classic lowers the difficulty by .5, which wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the fact the AI actively screws you on anything above 5.5
>Online gargles whale semen
>Super Lag Bros 4, hardly any SP options with replayability other than Master/Crazy orders
>Sakurai is a whiny cunt
>I still play this and dump money into it
>T-thanks Ninty
>>
Wow, I didn't think we'd get this far. I'm lovin' this

>>319713661
>>319714227
You guys got hella served.
>>
File: 62610165.jpg (109 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
62610165.jpg
109 KB, 400x400
>>319714378
>>
I don't know what Smash 4 threads you visit but I've never seen on that was a circlejerk

I just wanna say that the only Event Match that was ever worth anything was Legendary Pokemon and if individualized Target Tests came back you wouldn't actually spend as much time in them as you did in 2001
>>
>>319716035
You forgot
>AI Partners in Classic are essentially worthless
>>
>>319716716
>When you fight them they destroy you
>Doesn't do shit when you team with them
Or how about
>8 player smash yet everyone goes after you
>>
>>319716692
>you wouldn't spend as much time in them as you did in 2001
Are you for real, nigga? I wouldn't have made this thread if that was the case. I get pretty burnt out after playing online for a while.
>>
>>319716903
>8 player smash yet everyone goes after you
Pretty sure CPUs have always ganged up on players. I remember turning team attack on in brawl and my teammates still prioritizing me.
>>
>>319717252
Ya but at least you only had to deal with 3 other players max instead of 7
>>
>>319717365
That's my biggest bitch with the auto difficulty upon a loss in Classic. All 7 AI, even when they're explicitly targeting each other, manage to find you every time. It's manageable when it's four, but beyond that it's a simple numbers game. God help you if they team up to let someone snag a hammer, assist trophy, Smash Ball, or a fucking OHKO-above-30-percent Dragoon.
>>
>>319718419
Do the upper-leveled CPUs have increased knockback/damage? It seems like I die way too early a lot of the time.
>>
>>319719062
If it's during a match with more than one AI, it's because they gangrape you. The only AI that actually cheats is high level Amiibos, which do in fact break the rules of the game on top of reading your inputs and pulling off top-tier frame perfect guards. Level 9 CPUs one at a time are fair, which is part of what makes them too easy in 1v1 situations.
>>
File: gosh and golly.png (105 KB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
gosh and golly.png
105 KB, 638x360
>>319719706
Wait, Amiibos break the game's physics? Elaborate, pretty please.
>>
I have to agree, at least in terms of the side content. Classic is p. shit, minigames are p. shit, and there is no adventure mode equivalent at all. Events are much better than Brawl's, but it still doesn't reach the level of climax that Melee's events have. The stage selection is baffling in places, and the music seems like just a repeat of Brawl's. That said, the gameplay, character balance, and character selections, which are the things that in my opinion are the most important things, are all the best. It is a bummer about the side content though.
>>
>>319720548
Not so much the physics, but more the way damage works for launching and resisting launches. If memory serves me correctly, a Level 50 Amiibo with no equipment is still statically better than you, no matter what.
>>
I think if the 3ds version didn't exist the game would have been a lot better than what we got
>>
>the biggest threat in All-Star mode are projectiles

I just don't understand.
>>
File: 1422737160985.png (103 KB, 220x371) Image search: [Google]
1422737160985.png
103 KB, 220x371
While an improved smash run would be a lot of fun, I still want one thing.

When the fuck is Kirby Air Ride 2?
>>
>>319713285
I don't know this is the first smash I don't really want. So I have no problem waiting for a future rom and emulator where I don't have to pay for all this dlc. The content the game has already feels so little in comparison, wheter it is game modes, or music.
I don't hate sm4sh, I just hate the way Sakurai made it, we can all agree it could have been better. Thankfully there are good games to play while I wait for the hacks.
>>
>You want to play with customs?
>Enjoy 100s of hours of grinding
>And a backwards as fuck UI for putting them on your character even though there was a half decent one on the 3DS
>>
>>319713285
I want Cloud to be high tier.
>>
From the way OP is talking, I feel like I may have made the correct decision to get the 3DS version instead of the Wii U version.

It's kind of like Mario Kart Super Circuit. It may not be the best game in the franchise, but just the fact that it's even semi-decent and you can play it literally anywhere makes it well worth the cost.
>>
>>319713285

Kind of a jumble of thoughts, but here goes.

The core fighting gameplay is good with the exception of momentum changes when jumping. The roster is great too, but the loss of Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Snake make it feel incomplete.

The single player is pretty weak this time around. Smash tour isn't fun on single player and the 3DS didn't even get event matches. Wii U should have had a bigger version of Smash Run where players can actually fight for upgrades instead of being on their own like the 3DS version.

I miss the Melee style adventure mode, Boss Battles, N64 Board the platforms, and target test. Target smash is no fun. Break the boxes is kind of fun, but it doesn't give the kind of record setting fun you could get from the other modes.

Subspace emissary wasn't really that great after the first time playing it.

The 3DS not having special versus, climb, race, "face the enemies" as special modes when they clearly work at the end of Smash Run is bs. You shouldn't be forced to play 5 minutes of Smash run to play those modes and they would have added a lot of easy value to local 3DS multiplayer.
>>
>>319721424
Othet than Ice Climbers getting cut out, the 3DS version didn't have that much of an impact on the game's overall quality.
>>
>>319724991
OP here. I kinda agree with you. I was satisfied with what the handheld version offered, but everyone hyped up the Wii U version as the "be all, end all" version of the game. Only reason I still have my 3DS copy is because of the stuff that isn't on the Wii U version like Smash Run.
>>
>>319725263
It development time though, you could say it was effectively split in half between the two
>>
there's a gril waiting in grand finals at this canadian tournament. she's pretty cute too and uses sonic. are there any other grils that are actually good at smash?

the tournament's stream is twitch ssbmontreal
>>
>>319716031
>I want shit to replace shit!

How about wanting something better, Like an updated and expanded version of Melee's Adventure Mode, or bringing back BtT and BtP, or something else besides Mario Party Lite and Air Ride Redux?
>>
>>319725974

There's a limit to how much content they need for the game, removing one game from development doesn't equal double content for the other. They had to make enough exclusive content for each version to warrant a purchase, if they weren't separate they wouldn't need too. If anything the 3DS version releasing is probably giving more content in the long run by producing more sales to keep the DLC train running.

I'm guessing if there was no 3DS version we might have seen something like 25-40% more content for the Wii U version, but that extra content would probably have been classic mode, 4-6 hd versions of the 3DS stages, and veteran dlc characters being in the base game. Transformation characters might not have been separated, and we might have Ice Climbers, but I think 8-player Smash has a bigger role getting rid of those than the 3DS alone.
>>
>>319728573
Doubtful. Sakurai never said they implemented 8-player Smash after the Ice Climbers were removed.
>>
File: drake-face.jpg (25 KB, 567x341) Image search: [Google]
drake-face.jpg
25 KB, 567x341
Instead let's fucking circle jerk about how much we hate this game. Like every other Smash 4 thread.

Seriously, I'm so annoyed by people like you who are very well aware of the games that get a lot of backlash here, yet you continue to post threads pretending that it's the other way around.

Seriously, why do you guys do this. I know you're on /v/ everyday so don't act dumb.
>>
>>319729283
>stop liking what I hate, if a few really loud whiners constantly shitpost that totally means no one in the world likes it I say this is fact because my opinions are fact roflcopter tr4sh sakurai hates melee project m saviour of the gaming world
>>
>>319729192

You think the game could handle 16 Ice Climbers running around without massively dropping the frame rate? They already have to remove bones from some characters to make it work as is.
>>
>>319729668
They could always make it so that you couldn't use Ice Climbers in 8-player, or only on Omega stages.
>>
>>319713285
The lack of Single Player content is disappointing in general. I hope we get an Adventure Mode announced on the 15th. It seems like this game focused more on having a huge roster rather than having modes.
>>
>>319729283
Nigga, I'm just saying that a lot of people like to say that I shouldn't care about the single player because it's Smash. They're wrong, and mad gay.
>>
>>319729283
this thread is pretty balanced so far though.
>>
>>319713285
>no adventure mode or SSE
>classic mode in games and more
>sakurai's shitty menu design
I was pretty disappointed
>>
>>319732276
No it's not. This is clearly a "say everything you don't like about smash 4" thread in which OP clearly wants everyone to only "discuss" the negatives, which is fine, but stop pretending that Smash 4 fans circle jerk about this game. They don't.
>>
>>319732673
>they don't
How would you know?
Are you one of them?
>>
The stupidest thing about Smash 4 is that the 3DS has to have the same content. Why are we limiting a console to a handheld? And why is it that the 3DS has maps that aren't on the WiiU version. The DLC maps suck. Fuck Mario Maker.
>>
>>319713285
>Smash 4 has Mega Fucking Man
>Melee doesn't

BTFO falseflagging meleekek
>>
>>319733616
>Melee has Pichu
>Smash 4 doesn't

Get rekt 4 whore
>>
>>319733616
Sorry dude. A majority of the people in this thread don't care about shitposting.
see >>thisentirethread
>>
mfw sm4sh is my favorite one yet
>>
>>319733616
My Nigga Man
>>
>>319713285
It's Gud for 3ds
>>
My biggest gripe with Smash 4 is that I have to play boring modes to unlock stages and custom moves.

I am not going to play classic mode, I am not going to play smash tour, and I am not going to play crazy orders. All of custom moves and stages should be unlockable through VS mode, if they even have to be unlockable in the first fucking place.

Fuck you Sakurai you fucking hack.
>>
>>319734642
H A V E

Y O U

E V E R

M A D E

A

G A M E ?
>>
>>319714865
This 2bh
>>
>>319736054
H A V E

Y O U

E V E R

M E M E D ?
>>
>>319713285
If you're not into tourneys and stuff, this game really is rather mediocre.
As long as I can do my tourneyfaggoty, I'm happy. The bots are decent too this time around aside from no DI.
>>
>>319721369
As long as they are not fed extra, I can beat any amiibo with tourney rules.
>>
File: broadcast 2.0.png (257 KB, 1063x614) Image search: [Google]
broadcast 2.0.png
257 KB, 1063x614
Who /latino/ here?
>>
I can't even try to go back to the single player modes. They are that bad in the newest game.

Online is a very mixed bag. But I notice people have the most potential for fun in For Glory teams.
>>
File: laughing skeletons.gif (174 KB, 299x240) Image search: [Google]
laughing skeletons.gif
174 KB, 299x240
>>319715062
>It's a fighting game
>>
>>319739736
>a fried egg
>>
>>319739736

Nice! I thought it was 5:30 on my time slot. I can actually watch this at lunch time.
>>
>>319713285

This game is objectively better than Brawl in many ways

But I'd kill a man to get a Subspace equivalent in it.
>>
>>319713285
Yeah there's really not as much fun content as melee or brawl but I just use it to play with my friends.
>>
The "Muh Target Smash" thing needs to go. You played that shit one time tops and yet people act like it made the game infinitely better. I'm not justifying the removing of something unique like it for the shit Sm4sh added but seriously stop acting like it was an amazing mode
>>
File: 1349897448-king.png (2 MB, 1229x1406) Image search: [Google]
1349897448-king.png
2 MB, 1229x1406
>>319715062

No fuck you, Tekken Force is awesome, suck my dick
>>
I only ever load the game up for /v/eekends, there just isn't that single player content that kept me occupied for hours like with Melee and Brawl. I'm hoping the upcoming direct reveals a new adventure mode like a spiritual successor to SSE. Could not give any less of a shit about more characters.
>>
>>319733791

OH wow I'm missing out on bad Pikachu woe is me
>>
>>319740687

SSB4 need to borrow and incude modes from PM.
>>
I like it a lot but the overeliance on projectiles and long-ranged attacks are very irritating especially online. In-person it's easier to deal with.
>>
File: ghzlTos.jpg (180 KB, 442x650) Image search: [Google]
ghzlTos.jpg
180 KB, 442x650
tfw smash run and custom moves almost for sure won't come back for 5 even though both were great ideas that just need tweaks
>>
>>319741828

Learn to powershield and accept that fighting games online will always be shit
>>
>No bonus stages in classic
>Difficulty dropping in classic after losing
>2 original songs being the main theme and event match, everything else is just the same shitty remixes from brawl
>Target test is replaced by angry birds
>Half the stages are from brawl
>1 hit KO items and overly intrusive stage hazards are the new definition of fun
>Sakurai puts Ness in smash 64 but says takamaru isn't fit because nobody knows the character
>Unlocking music and customs are a huge grind
>No online stadium
>Smash tour is trash
>The 3ds version being developed at all cut out ice climbers
>Online options are extremely limited
>>
File: 1389378530843.png (222 KB, 425x500) Image search: [Google]
1389378530843.png
222 KB, 425x500
>>319742285
>accept that fighting games online will always be shit
It'd be easier if I hadn't moved states and no longer have friends to play with
>>
>>319741872
Maybe they shouldnt have made Smash run for 3ds only and only made it for local play.
>>
>>319739736
>4:00
Mmta hasta la salida del jale lo vere
>>
>>319740687
I'm not saying it was amazing. I just want to have more variety in the game. Sometimes, I just don't feel like playing doing battles and want something different, like event matches, etc..
>>
>>319713285
I love the roster, the fighting mechanics and the stages. But I really miss a story mode like we had in Brawl, those bossfights were amazing!
>>
Its breddy gud.
>>
>>319713285
The reasons you listed just makes it clear that the reason why you find smash 4 the least fun is because you have no human contact.
>>
>>319743943
Yeah. The roster and the gameplay is fantastic, but there just aren't enough modes, especially in Single Player.
>>
>>319713285
That's a shame, since it's objectively the best Smash game.
>>
Here's (one of) my biggest complaint(s) with Smash 4:
>Items on high/very high in any other game except maybe 64 but not that sure
>Clusterfuck of items spawning
>Smash Balls appearing less than 20 seconds after the previous one was used
>Enjoy going to training and just throwing pokeballs and shit all over the place and seeing all the explosions and effects
>Items on high in Smash 4
>barely 2 items spawning at a time
>only 3 pokeballs can be spawned in training
>Smash Ball appears once a match, if you're lucky
There's probably the 3DS version to thank for this.
>>
>>319744989
>>319743930
I bet you hate Mario Party for the same reason too.
>>
>>319745290
also i have to add:
>no fan in smash 4
>>
>>319744927
I have friends to play it with, but it's pretty much the same as playing it online. Besides, any game you can play with friends is fun.
>>319745029
Can you actually give a substantial argument as to why it is "objectively the best Smash game" besides amiibos or porn?
>>319745295
Elaborate. I didn't play any of the Mario Party games after 8.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.