[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/erdict and how does it fare against the others in the series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Deluxe_package.jpg (17 KB, 332x218) Image search: [Google]
Deluxe_package.jpg
17 KB, 332x218
/v/erdict and how does it fare against the others in the series
>>
Japanese undertale
>>
It's better in every way, but I feel it lost a bit of the charm the first 2 games had.

Still my favorite game though.
>>
Personal GOTYAY tbqh familia
It's ever so slightly better than 2, and 1, while still being amazing, it feels and plays more like dragon quest. So, I would say 3>2>1
>>
Playing it for the first time.

Just got done the first chapter.

Fuck them god damn trees before you fight the mecha drago.
>>
>>319694179

8/10 for both Earthbound and Mother 3 in my opinion. I think Earthbound has more charm, but both games have different enough presentation to make the choice personal preference.

I haven't played Mother. From what I've seem the gameplay is outdated, but some aspects of the story are still good. It's usually seen as the worst out of the three, as Earthbound took most of the same concepts from the first and improved them.
>>
>>319696501
playing it as well, on 2nd chap.

Obviously the battle system is improved a ton except that there's no auto-attack which is only a minor annoyance.

It's obviously a lot more story-driven then 1 and 2.
>>
Mother 3 = Earthbound

But for different reasons. Don't know if there is a better final sequence/ending in any medium that equals Mother 3.
>>
Gameplay-wise it's far and away the best. Not even a question. I also think the story is the best overall, although there's a certain info dump towards the end that really annoys me.

In terms of the setting though, I kinda prefer Earthbound. Mother 3 lacks a bit of the charm and down-to-earth but also super weird feeling that Earthbound had going on.
>>
>>319694179
its like a play.

While mother 2 was just a self parody of JRPG's

the combat in 3 is massively improved over the others. The rolling healthbar moves at a manageable pace so that you can work around it, gauge how many hits you can get in before you have to heal your partner etc

music is excellent
>>
>>319696843
>asking for autoattack

>when the combat is based around fighting to the beat

bet you're like level 90 LOL
>>
>>319696886
I like Mother 3 more in general, but I liked the ending of earthbound was better, the whole game was weird and fun until that part, while Mother 3 kinda had a darker theme throughout.
>>
>>319694179
The only game that has made me cry
>>
Its like a more modern earthbound.
The game is pretty melancholy too from the beginning to end. Like above, some of the charm is gone but its still really quirky and weird, story is defintley the best and the characters are good. The game is pretty short compared to earthbound though. It can be completed in like 10ish hours.
9/10 personally.
>>
>>319697116

I disagree, but I understand what you're saying so I won't try to convince you otherwise because a good case can be made for that.

i like the darker theme and the weirdness was cool, but Mother 3 had more of a weird, but not quirky...just kind of demented weirdness to it. I liked that.
>>
I've only played Mother 3. I tried playing Earthbound after it but it felt outdated and slow.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.