[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HERE I AM DOING EVERYTHING I CAN HOLDIN ON TO WHAT I AM PRETENDING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13
File: he doesnt main burnquist.jpg (67 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
he doesnt main burnquist.jpg
67 KB, 500x497
HERE I AM
DOING EVERYTHING I CAN
HOLDIN ON TO WHAT I AM
PRETENDING I'M A SUPERMAN
>>
>>319681050
>listening to dad rock
>>
>>319681082
>Goldfinger is dad rock
>>
>>319681050
I'M TRYIN' TO KEEP
>>
>>319681050
Hopefully a better publisher and dev team pick up the ip.
>>
>>319681097
>tripfag
>>
>>319681097
It is, you got old man.
>>
blood borthers and no cigar are the best songs from any game.
But the real question is, can you prove me wrong?
>>
>>319681637
Wish is just as good as Blood Brothers, basically any THUG song is better than No Cigar
>>
>>319681858
>thug
>doing anything better than Tony Hawk 1-3
>except being a franchise ruining piece of fucking shit

lmao
>>
>>319681637
CORRUPTION AND ABUSE
>>
>>319681082
was you dad like 10 when he had you?
>>
>>319681918
>franchise ruining
>gr8 sk8ing
>amazing level design
>good story mode
>amazing soundtrack
I bet you didn't even find every gap in the game

Also you forgot 4, numbnuts
>>
>>319682169
>adding STORY to an ARCADE GAME
>this is a good thing

Go play The Last of Us you fucking faggot. You only care about movie games, the gameplay never meant anything to you.

I JUST WANT STORY AND BAM MARGERA IS HILARIOUS LMAO JACKASS :^)
>>
>>319682135
THIS IS MY LAST RESORT
>>
>>319682324
>story mode is the same as in 1-4 except with cutscenes
>literally the same task based system
So butthurt senpai

Also Bam was in the 2nd THUG game you dumbfuck
>>
File: HastyWeepyBufflehead.webm (313 KB, 302x444) Image search: [Google]
HastyWeepyBufflehead.webm
313 KB, 302x444
>>319682169
>>gr8 sk8ing
Changed nothing from Tony Hawk 4.
>>amazing level design
Le open world meme GTA3 lmao "me too"-syndrome
>>good story mode
>story
>arcade game
>>amazing soundtrack
Top 40 Rock music is apparently 'amazing' now. I bet you thought GTA 5 had a good soundtrack too huh?

Summary:
End your life you faggot.
>>
>>319682324
>I JUST WANT STORY AND BAM MARGERA IS HILARIOUS LMAO JACKASS :^)

That was THUG 2 not 1
>>
>/v/ suddenly hates THUG
what happened fám?
>>
Please purchase Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5.
>>
>>319682549
It's just one child
>>
File: 2.jpg (61 KB, 428x474) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
61 KB, 428x474
>>319681082
>not listening to dad rock
>>
File: Bam_Margera_(THUG).jpg (158 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Bam_Margera_(THUG).jpg
158 KB, 500x500
>>319682461
>Also Bam was in the 2nd THUG game you dumbfuck

>story is the same as 1-3
oh those games had a story?

yeah, they didn't. Kill yourself.
>>
>>319682329
FALLING AWAY FROM ME
>>
>>319682549
THUG was always shit and this place is filled with people who are 3 years younger than me who played THUG when they were 12 and think it wasn't a piece of shit, but they were too young to play Tony Hawk 1-3 which were CONSIDERABLY BETTER IN EVERY SINGLE WAY
>>
File: goldfinger.png (268 KB, 614x419) Image search: [Google]
goldfinger.png
268 KB, 614x419
99 RED BALLOONS
FLOATING IN THE SUMMER SKY
>>
>he didn't mained chad muska
top kek breh
>>
I saw Milencolin, Goldfinger and Reel Big Fish back-to-back this year. It was like watching a THPS soundtrack live and I loved every second, the singer from Goldfinger sounds just as good today as he did then, and RBF put on the funnest fucking show every time they play.
>>
>>319682838
Are you kidding me? I own 1-4 & THUG. I'm much, much older than you and my opinion is clearly worth a lot more than yours
>>
I GOT THE GREEN GLOW UNDER MY CAR

I GOT THE BOOM BOOM SYSTEM YOU CAN HEAR REAL FAR
>>
If anyone's interested, THPS speedrunners are doing a marathon pretty soon. Happening on twitch channel thpsmarathon, and the schedule is at speedrun.com/thpsmarathon/schedule

>>319682838
>Tony Hawk 1-3 which were CONSIDERABLY BETTER IN EVERY SINGLE WAY

>All had less skating mechanics than THUG
>Looked worse
>Weren't as smooth
>>
>>319683181
>yfw THUG had one of the best villains of all time
>>
>>319683181
>thug is better because it has better graphics

This place is literally no different from r/gaming.
>>
>>319683317
>makes three points
>shit yourself over a single one because you can't attack all three
>>
File: rodney.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
rodney.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Rodney Mullen forever and always.
>>
File: asdf32r231234.gif (909 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
asdf32r231234.gif
909 KB, 500x267
>all these people bitching at me for hating thug
>the only praise thug is getting that Tony Hawk 1-3 didn't already do is based on plot and characters... in SKATEBOARDING ARCADE GAME

And you guys genuinely don't see how thug didn't ruin the franchise?

Meanwhile you cunts call The Last of Us a movie that's ruining video games.

Hypocrites. Every one of you. Burn in hell.
>>
>>319681050

what skating game was it where you could drive cars as well, in a little suburban neighbourhood.
>>
IT SEEMS THE WORLD IS FALLING DOWN AROUND MEEEE
>>
>>319683517
>THUG the best game for gameplay in the series
WAAAAAH TEH STOOORYYY

Is the faggy kid in your gif a representation of you? Go back to bed, you've got school in the morning
>>
>>319683441
2 of your points are graphics, not 1.

the other point is that the newest game had the newest mechanics. wow! which, none of which involved THE ACTUAL STAKING PART, but hey whatever. you got your story and lmao what a dick bad guy! lol

Hopefully they make a new one where you can get off your skateboard and walk around, i dont want to actually skate in a skateboarding game. oh wait they did add that to this very game. how good of an idea! they should make a racing game that i can get out of my car and walk around i dont like to actually race in a racing game anyway lol

Fuck you.
>>
>>319683739
>new mechanics
>none of which were actual skating
Stopped reading there
>>
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
was the best game.
>>
>>319683856
Go ahead. Tell me what THUG added pertaining to THE ACTUAL SKATEBOARDING part of the SKATEBOARDING video game.

You know? The gameplay? The reason people play video games?
>>
How come no one ever talks about THPS4? It's always about THPS2 and 3, but no one mentions the best game in the series.

HE'S MY FRIEND HE'S MY APPLE PIE
>>
>>319684160
Because, while TH4 was the franchise ruiner that THUG was, TH4 started bad trends and added nothing to the gameplay mechanics. Had boring levels and also starting the boring trend of Top 40 Dadrock Music on the soundtrack. Nobody remembers anything about TH4. People remember 1-3 because they were great. People remember THUG because it was an edge MTV reboot, and every child on here was such a bam margera faggot that they bought thug and thought it was good. spoiler: it wasn't and still isn't.
>>
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 was the best one by far.
>best soundtrack
>best levels
>best skating mechanics

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 introduced too many non-skateboarding things, and separated goals due to the open world hub things. No longer could you do a 2 minute run and check off 4+ objectives without trying, you had to do just one goal at a time.
>>
>>319684393
People who get it: the post.
>>
WEEEEEEELLLLLLLL
>>
>>319683856
>>319684085
Another thug faggot who praises thug for being better than the others, despite doing everything worse.

i accept your apology.
>>
But seriously, other than the story, what did THUG actually do to improve the mechanics?

>off board action
a really clunky mess where you could jump around in pretty much zero gravity because the game physics weren't supposed to account for off board action
>natas spin
like seriously what the fuck is that?
>sticker slap
maybe a good idea to change direction on a rail but the times where it was actually useful were incredibly small.
>>
>>319684393

Pro Skater 3 is the one with the cruise level, right? That one is the best. In hindsight, Underground ruined the series. The story was fine, but since it was a bit more grounded in realism, it made for boring level design. I cannot forgive them.
>>
Why does it matter which one was better? It's just a wood plank on wheels that you push around in each game. It's all the same shit.
>>
Is there a worse level between THPS 1-4 than Venice Beach? It's such a clunky mess.
>>
>Thps 1-3 were the best and Thug wasn't as good
>NO FUCK YOU THUG IS AMAZING THE REST ARE DOGSHIT
>NO FUCK YOU THUG IS DOGSHIT

This is why we can't have nice threads. You people only think in absolutes.

They're all good games.
>>
>>319685231

Except it's not, you fucking faggot. I'm not going to explain why you're wrong and such a piece of shit, because someone else will probably do that. I'm too tired. I'm going to bed. Fuck you and fuck THUG 2.
>>
I recently replayed and finished THPS 3 again.
Still a very great game.

Mostly listened to the THPS 2 OST though.
Also installed THPS 4 again, but haven't really played it yet.
>>
File: 1385884393939.jpg (115 KB, 769x478) Image search: [Google]
1385884393939.jpg
115 KB, 769x478
>>319681050
>new one is finally being made
>neversoft is still dead
>>
You know what the bigger problem with THUG and THUG 2 were that didn't involve the story or mechanics?

Cheats.

Cheats started to seriously dry up around THUG 1 and THUG 2 and weren't anywhere as creative as 3 or 4. Cheats could seriously change how the game played in 3 or 4 to the point where you could start a new game with those cheats and have a radical different experience (imagine trying to finish the game with the surfboard mechanics or extra hard mode)

By the time the games made their way to the 360/PS3 with the achievements/leaderboard system that heavily frowned on cheats the game was up. No longer could you just type in a few things and have a whale of a time, everything was hidden behind a wall until you unlocked it. It really sucked the fun out of multiplayer matches.
>>
WE WILL SHUT YOU OUT
WE'LL PUT YOU IN DOUBT
IF YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE SPECIAL

WE'LL TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE
WE'LL TELL YOU THAT YOU'RE CLOSE
BUT NO CIGAR
>>
>>319686220
Yeah I hate fucking achievements so much
>>
I can't play the Suburbia level without playing Xzibit's Paparazzi in the background.
>>
File: tony-hawks-pro-skater-2-cover.jpg (77 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tony-hawks-pro-skater-2-cover.jpg
77 KB, 640x640
NO MORE
WAITING
ON THEM

AS YOU
RISE INSIDE YOUR ROOMS
>>
File: rodney_mullen_2[1].gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
rodney_mullen_2[1].gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>319686623
CUZ I DON'T CARE
WHERE
I BELONG NO MOOOOORE

WHAT WE SHAAARE
OR NOT
I WILL IGNOOOORE
>>
ITS IN OUR NATURE TO DESTROY OURSELVES
ITS IN OUR NATURE, TO KILL OURSELVVVEEES
ITS IN OUR NATURE TO KILL EACHOTHERRR

ITS IN OUR NATURE TO
KILL
KILL
KILL
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.