[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst real Final Fantasy and why is it 12?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 192x263
What's the worst real Final Fantasy and why is it 12?
>>
Final Fantasy 2 is objectively the worst. Hating FF12 because of one character you don't even have to use is retarded since there is so much else the game got right.
>>
>>319669541
Yeah, my favorite part is the ultra slow-paced battles where you control almost nothing.
>>
>>319669541
Not gonna lie, I love final fantasy 2 because of the relentless grinding because I love getting overpowered before I progress with the game and I love the story that is there and the focus on the destruction of war.....but it really does fall at the end of the list sadly. It's just not fun when i have to grind for hours to level up my peeps at the beginning, middle, and end of a game.
>>
>>319669251
Final Fantasy 12's only issue is Vaan and Penelo. And only because they were put at the forefront. They would have been fine as side characters. Game should have made either Ashe, Basch, or Balthier the main characters and the game would be solid.

Hell, we even have proof that Vaan is fine if he's not in the spotlight. Look at Dissidia or FFTA. He's just fine in those games and I'd venture to say he's actually one of the more likable characters in those games.
>>
>>319669251

12 wasn't bad, but it wasn't terribly good either. And that's not a combination that's healthy for a FF game.

Vaan was not only a visually unappealing character (put a shirt on), but also a story-wise irrelevant character.
>>
got this 4
>>
>>319669251
It's 2 and then 3.
>>
>>319672302
I see a 2 and here's the 3
>>
>>319670449
Balthier wasn't the main character?
>>
12 could've been the best of all of them. It's such a sad game to play.
>>
>>319669251
They're all shit. Play some good games.
>>
12 is the best tho
>>
>>319672693
Basch should have been.
>>
>>319669251
>a bloo bloo vaan's a cunt
Yeah, we get it. Play more than 5 hours of the game.

>>319672693
I loved how he always said he was.
>>
The correct answer is FFX. Complete fucking garbage that people only like because it was graphically impressive at the time. It has every problem FFXIII has and more.
>>
FF13 of courcsh
>>
12 is better than 13 and 8.

Possibly 2 as well depending on who you ask.
>>
File: Sunglasses_Hitler.png (18 KB, 217x211) Image search: [Google]
Sunglasses_Hitler.png
18 KB, 217x211
>>319673049
Matsuno wanted Basch to be the MC but Square Enix vetoed him in favor of pretty boy Vaan because they couldn't market Basch to the teenage girls in Japan who buy a large % of the FF games there.

Really lets you know a lot about the standards of this shitty franchise and the idiots who defend it.
>>
13, any other answer is wrong
>>
>>319669629
You mean like RPGs in general, also
>Not working towards finely tuning your character's gambits to have a true unbeatable autobattle
Stay scrubby /v/
>>
Lightning Returns.
>inb4 its such a good game11!!!1
>the people with the heaviest burdens give you more eradia
>but they have longer quests
>the more eradia you give to the tree the more time you get
>do "heaviest burden" quest for some random fuckbag
>takes just about a day
>gets jack shit for eradia
>WHAT IS THE POINT?
>>
>>319674002
You mean 13-3
>>
how can it be real if it's a fantasy
>>
>>319669251
Play Revenant Wings on the DS and watch Vaan get redeemed and then some
>>
I really really didn't like 4. It was like total fan fiction the entire way through
>>
>>319669251
>12
>not 13
>not 10
>not 8
>not 2

Uh, sure, whatever you say, anon.
>>
>>319673919
Yup. Pretty much definitive proof that FF has evolved into being:

-for casuals
-for girls
-for homos

Devs have always been reticent to have female protagonists, but they clearly don't give a fuck ever since FFX-2. Not that Tidus wasn't a complete fudge packer that looked like a slightly more manly prototype for Vaan.
>>
epic contrarian meme
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.