[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: overwatch1-1438773796308.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
overwatch1-1438773796308.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Beta goes on break in just over one hour.

For those of you who got in, what do you think so far?
>>
>>319657341
>For those of you who got in
This isn't a streamer site, ask again in a few months when they release more than 12 people in.
>>
And by the by, it seems Blizzard actually confirmed that future heroes and maps will be free. Hope they don't release gamebreaking cosmetics.

>>319657443
But, Anon, my stream has NOVIEWERS
>>
>>319657752
How can cosmetics be gamebreaking?
>>
>>319657341
I expected nothing

its actually pretty fun
>>
>>319657752
>heroes and maps free
Old news, but good news from 2 or 3? days ago.
>my stream
Eh, it's a joke on how only a select few people actually got in who wanted in and every streamer got an invite, irrelevant if they wanted it.

Good on ya for getting in. I'm waiting until I see something nearing the final product before I buy the game and enter the pointless "I bought this shit so I'm hyped for it now" mode.

Junkrat is perfection in a character.
>>
File: Paladins610.jpg (54 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
Paladins610.jpg
54 KB, 610x343
Paladins Ripoff
>>
>>319658372
>Paladins is TF2 mixed with Hearthstone and a minor bit of classic MOBA shit
Ehh. Add more characters and prove that it isn't P2W with those cards and I'll show some interest.
>>
>>319657341
Got in and played for a couple days straight
Final thoughts
>tf3
>payload payload payload
>one-click kill auto-aim ultimates
>zero teamwork in pub mm
>awful mm, puts people who have never played fps before up against 6man premade tryhard teams
>awful mm, most games are one-sided shitstomps either way. Maybe 10% of the games I played were relatively even/back-and-forth
>tanks have no place in an fps - damage sponges are NOT FUN. Same for healers.
>turrets either impossible to deal with or completely useless
>last control point on every map is directly on top of CT spawn
>no progression or customization (yet)
>heroes I liked design-wise were not fun to play or good
>only one acceptable waifu
5/10
>>
>>319657341
I'ts alright but will not become an e-sport as they are hyping it up to be. Blizzard tries to make everything they release an e-sport and quite frankly none of them are complex enough.
>>
>>319658372

Evie is broken desu senpai
>>
>>319658124
You know, if the cosmetic gave you like 10% damage boost or some shit like that. Basically P2W skins.

>>319658286
I agree.

>>319658960
You should post that in the beta forums, Anon. Maybe you can help change it for the better.
>>
I've done some research and uhh, tick rate doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>319658960
>One-click kill auto-aim ultimates
Did you only play 76 and Mcree?
>0 teamwork in pubs
That's normal, cause people are retards.
I do agree on the point under that though. Matchmaking is total shit.
>Heroes I liked design-wise were not fun or good
Which ones?
>one waifu only
Please don't say Mei or Widowmaker.
>>
>>319659397
I have to go to work, but I played a little of everyone. If it's not autoaim, it's LARGE SPLASH AREA or something regular weapons/abilities can't compete with.

>design-wise
Honestly, Reaper. His optimal range is "just outside of melee" and he has nothing for people who just S key since the damage falloff is absurd. Teleport is a gigantic and slow "please kill me" telegraph.

>waifu
tracer. im late for work.

>>319659217
>beta forums
Like they'd care about info like this. They already know its shit.
>>
>>319657341
I think I signed up for a beta a while ago but I never checked if I'm in
>>
>>319657341

Fun, I went in expecting to hate it but I had a lot of fun with friends. Obviously the average player is total trash because it's a Blizzard game but as long as you have friends it's a blast. Personally I'm not a big fan of smaller 5v5 or 6v6 style games and I was really concerned about that going in but everything just sorta worked, you have each character having it's own playstyle and each one has it's portions of the map it works. As a purely FPS player it did take some work getting used to the fact that ability usage is as important as your FPS aiming skills. I'd like to see them include more modes, possibly a 10v10 or 12v12 CTF or conquest/arathi basin style mode.

Problems/concerns?

>Netcode, 20 tick isn't acceptable but it is an early beta so maybe that will change
>FOV still isn't big enough
>Only one real mode
>No ranked matchmaking until after launch

Also I'm VERY happy it's not F2P, fuck that shit and the horrible community it brings into a game.
>>
>>319660180
>if not autoaim, large splash area
Eh, most ults can be countered if you understand them and know your escapes/counter abilities
>Likes Reaper
Besides him being edge-incarnate, he's carrying 2 shotgun pistols. His damage is high and meant to get right up close and gib people. As for his telegraphed teleport, you are supposed to use it from cover to cover to get behind the enemy. Ive seen plenty of good Reapers who don't try to fire prematurely, get behind the enemy, then pop the squishies.

>Tracer
Acceptable to like the britbonger. More of a Mei person myself, despite all the bullshit fanshit tied to her.

Have a good day at work and keep your job.
>>
>>319660180
I have to agree with you on reaper, I love playing as him but his teleport and his wraith form are too slow, he has no good way of getting up in people's faces which is where he has to be because the range on his guns are so shi. Neither of those abilities are good for escapes either, since as you said, teleport takes forever and literally anyone can catch up to you in wraith form

His guns are also the absolute worst, I think the only gun with worse accuracy is Road Hogs' but it hits like a truck and he has that alt fire for medium range targets, plus his hook is really good
>>
>>319661220

You're supposed to flank, use your teleport to get to a route and take that on foot then jump in behind them. He isn't meant to be like Genji or Tracer who just go all over the place.
>>
>>319661841
thats what I do bud, but after the initial shock of catching someone off guard Im usually shit outta luck since every other hero has better tools to work with. You're not going to fight your way out as Reaper, so you either escape in the chaos or die when they notice you
>>
>>319657341
The thumbnail looked like a lineup of Power Ranger villains. I was excited.
>>
>>319662045

You do have an escape mechanism, his little floaty move. You jump in and gank one or two people then float away to the nearest health pack. If anyone chases you in there well then that's your third kill. Then you jump into the payload and press your ultimate.

He isn't a finesse hero, full on brute force.
>>
>>319662689
>then float away to the nearest health pack

a lot of the time, the enemy has been smart enough to speed past me while Im floating at a moderate jogging pace so they can grab the health and deny me it

if not that then they keep up with me and stop right outside my acceptable range, which is seriously about four feet, and kill me with their longer ranged, more accurate weapons
>>
>>319657752
sounds way too good to be true, but i'd rather have cosmetics than paid DLC
>>
>>319664294
Honestly, Reaper could do with a minor rework/rebalance in his abilities/numbers.

The term "noob trap" comes to mind.
>>
>>319657341
I liked it but got bored after 2 weeks.
I hate to say it but a game like this really needs some sort of progression and ranking system. It's too focused on team play to just play solo queue with randoms all the time.
>>
>>319657341

It's okay, but very barebones right now. There's also absolutely NO feeling of progression AT ALL. Maybe that's your thing but it makes it feel kinda pointless for me. Had the beta for a month now and I played maybe... 3 hours ? I wouldnt buy it, especially for 60$ right now.
>>
>>319657341

Might be getting it for PS4 when it comes out.
>>
File: 1438192377252.png (39 KB, 1228x793) Image search: [Google]
1438192377252.png
39 KB, 1228x793
>>319664710
>>319658960

>actually wanting imaginary progression bars to DING and make this game feel like a work simulator

die on a dick you both, get a job or go play rpg if you want levels and progression, you should be enjoying the game itself and stop thinking about that you actually need some trophy for playing a game for long so you can feel good about spending all your miserable life on it

fuck you
>>
>>319658124

Gamebreaking would be too strong of a word, but skins that camo too well, or make it seem like you're a different character would not be good.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.