[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a mod that makes the gameplay fun? A specific playstyle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim.jpg (454 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim.jpg
454 KB, 1920x1200
Is there a mod that makes the gameplay fun? A specific playstyle maybe? A change in difficulty?

How do YOU have fun in Skyrim?
>>
File: 1.png (64 KB, 330x120) Image search: [Google]
1.png
64 KB, 330x120
You don't. There are some wizard mods that may occupy you for a while, but more as a novelty than proper game. I tried, I'd be done 100 hours earlier if it wasn't for wishful thinking.
>>
The content itself is garbage and to my knowledge there isn't any combat mods that make it preferable to stand-alone combat games.

You don't.
>>
UNINSTALL MOD
>>
boycott smithing/enchanting
>>
Combat overhaul mods.

Makes basically everything a one-two hit kill, that includes yours and enemy weapons.

You have to actually pay attention to fights instead of swinging wildly for 10 minutes chipping away at their health.

When you see a bandit with a bow, poo starts coming out.
>>
File: 1436320766741.png (32 KB, 712x701) Image search: [Google]
1436320766741.png
32 KB, 712x701
Okay OP, gonna hit you up with some of my favorite mods to make the combat more fun as well as a few mods to improve the gameplay experience of Skyrim overall.

For Melee

>Action Combat
Adds a simple to understand poise system based on the amount of armor you are currently wearing as well as weapon parrying if you attack at the same time.
>Deadly Combat
AI improvement
>Duel Combat Realism
AI improvement, use both or either
>Attack Commitmentvery
A very small tweak, makes it so that you cant turn 360 degrees while attacking, you can still move around the camera though. At first you wont like it but after a while you learn to appreciate how much it adds to the combat.

For Stealth

>Sneak Tools + Sneak Tools patch
Adds a ton of fun tools to sneak. Of those are things like water arrows, rope arrows, masks that hide your identity, knocking opponents unconcious with blunt sneak attacks. Its a ton of fun.

For Magic

>"Lost Grimoire of Skyrim"
>"Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim" + "More Apocalypse"
>Forgotten Magic Redone
>Lost Magic
Some spell packs that add spells seamlessly without too much lore breaking.
>Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim
Triples the amount of enchantment types in the game. integrates seamlessly and is lots of fun.

For General Gameplay

>Skyrim Scaling Stopper
Removes scaling from the game. If you are expecting it to play like OOO then you are going to have a hard time, noticably NPC archers are extremely overpowered and you may have to get a standalone mod just to tweak arrow damage.
>Morrowloot 4E edition
Kind of like Skyrim Scaling Stopper but with loot instead of levels and no instant kill NPC archers
>No permanent essential NPC's
With this mod all NPC's besides for like 2 eventually lose their essential status if you complete their quests or even simply get past the point where you dont need them anymore.
>Ordinator
My personal choice for a perk overhaul, lots of fun.
>>
>>319657210
Immersion armors best mod
>>
>>319657210
dragon difficulty mod, because a dragon that's easier than a bear is shit
>>
I did a level 1 run. It was fun. I still ended up being a bound bow stealth archer but it wasnt as strong without the perks so would finish off stronger enemies by shape shifting into a werewolf (which was pretty good at level one).
>>
>>319662262
>Bound Bow Stealth Archer
>>
>>319659021
>one hit kills are fun
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.