[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A friendly reminder. https://docs.google.com/document/d/ 1y
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: lWnTsdG.png (367 KB, 610x405) Image search: [Google]
lWnTsdG.png
367 KB, 610x405
A friendly reminder.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yzN7KdUn0mFrZGHjcM8CUMSy8aV-WzYlu3NB3hyo760/pub

TL:DR

>COMPLETE removal of microtransactions, game is 110% free to play now
Classes have been removed, and have been replaced by the Light, Medium and Heavy types
All weapons and upgrades are unlocked by default
3 new maps
Balance updates
Vehicle updates
UI updates
Fixed exploits and cheats
Bug fixes
>>
too little too late
>>
>>319653068
Yeah I know but, I appreciate them at least giving us this much.
>>
Was the game so dead that removal of all the motivation to continue playing actually sounded like a good idea?
>>
Too bad the game is shit.
>>
I installed this again week before last just to see if it was dead. I was surprised to be dropped right into a ctf match that was full of people.

Granted I got destroyed because everyone still playing are freaking crazy good.... The game seemed to still be alive and have a fairly large playerbase despite still having micro transactions and the lot. I assume most of the players had purchased the "game" edition that came with almost everything.

Seems like an odd design choice to move so drastically towards this new format when they seemingly already had a loyal audience still playing.

TLDR

Dunno why they are doing this, but I think I like it. Going to give it a go tonight or tomorrow. I have missed playing tribes so...
>>
>>319654378
>>319653465
They learned from Dota 2, clearly.
>>
FUCK HIREZ
>>
File: gal-o brute.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gal-o brute.gif
1 MB, 480x360
How are they going to make money and when is the patch coming out?
>>
>>319656075
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU MAD ABOUT? DO YOU WANT ME TO BEAT YOU? STOW THAT EMOTION FAGGOT
>>
>>319652894
did they remove the fucking speed limit shit
>>
>>319656168
no faggot they hate you why would they try to make you happy? huh? HUH?
>>
>>319656152
It's coming out today, and I think they gave up on making a lot of money on it.
>>
>>319656283
gay
>>
>>319652894
i still remember the days of going fast and cheering on the group of /v/ misfits that destroyed reddits 1337 team, i wonder if its too late to go back
>>
>>319655971

I don't know jack shit about Dota 2, so I can't say.

I really do hope the game isn't an unplayable pile of shit after they do this update. I really fucking miss those alpha/beta days. I would start up again in a heartbeat if its close to that.

Fucking Hi-rez is hard to trust right now though.
>>
>>319652894
I've been playing for a long time. I never stopped when /v/ stopped, and I am super excited for this patch.
This made my day.
I hope you guys give it a try.
>>
Is there still a speed cap?
>>
>>319657330
People grab the flag at 400+ sanics, 500+ on some maps.
Impossible to chase down before they get to base.
I don't think so.
>>
>>319656152
They already have smite and are working in that paladins shit, so Hirez is pretty much making bank without Tribes
>>
File: 1449077835943.gif (885 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1449077835943.gif
885 KB, 480x270
been playing this again for the past few nights. It hasn't changed a bit, but if you are new you are gonna get destroyed.

I'm really happy that we actually get something. I didn't expect it.
>>
>>319656152
It still has skins and voice packs for sale, and otherwise this update is just a few dudes getting free rein on a dead game, as a side thing.
I don't think they plan on making much money out of this, unless it somehow gets big again.
>>
hirez seems ok with the new chink overlords
which is ironic
>>
File: smite_logo_96dpi_2000w.png (2 MB, 2000x620) Image search: [Google]
smite_logo_96dpi_2000w.png
2 MB, 2000x620
>>
>>319656964

I stopped after the first few patches that took away my sanics. Did speed every really come back? I miss blasting through the flag and racing home at 25% hp going fast enough to peel the skin off my bare dick flapping in the wind.
>>
>>319658581
I don't think speed ever really went away.
As a chaser I get butt blasted by fast cappers on a regular basis.
>>
>>319658870

They nerfed impulse boosting and I think some disk boosting as well, then added flag drag that really hurt speeds on pathfinders. I think they were some other minor changes as well. Overall it made pathfinder capping much less fun. Both in terms of speed, and thrill of dying at any second from a slip up or snipe.
>>
>>319658257
It's really weird.

Kinda like with SNK. I mean KoF 14 looks silly but at least it's a functioning fighting game.
>>
>>319652894
So, about hitscans weapons.
>>
File: 1449515828785.gif (993 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1449515828785.gif
993 KB, 540x540
>waiting for the patch while reading patch notes
>patch notes
>for tribes ascend
>in 2+15
>>
File: =3_party_time.gif (22 KB, 276x340) Image search: [Google]
=3_party_time.gif
22 KB, 276x340
>>
>>319653610
gay
>>
I'm getting mixed answers here

If I download Tribes Ascend off steam right now and try to play it, will it have this patch, or is this still just some beta server thing and not related to the main game yet, since I thought that wasn't being imported for another week or so
>>
>>319662276
The version on Steam is just a base game that has the Hi Rez launcher that gets patches.

So yes the Steam version will have the patch as well since it downloads the files through the Hi rez launcher.
>>
Are Tribes gifs going to come back then?
>>
>>319661357
>there will never be a celebration dog story arc
gaaaaaaaay
>>
>>319664170
We can only hope.
>>
>>319658581
I had a shitty unstable connection back during the heyday, and never got a chance to really get into it, but I booted it up again a few weeks back and managed to get to speeds around 250+ kph across the flag stands on a few maps in practice mode just while learning the controls. A practiced player should be able to do better even allowing for an actual contest, and the time it took me to take a flag across the map felt like it'd be a fair length of time for chasing.
>>
>>319656152
>How are they going to make money and when is the patch coming out?
Skins. Hosting and bandwidth is cheap as fuck today so it's not like it's a particular cash sink to keep it working.
>>
>>319664170
Tribes webms
>>
File: 1448914222754.png (40 KB, 680x291) Image search: [Google]
1448914222754.png
40 KB, 680x291
>>319666481
>>
speed cap was literally a /v/ meme

nobody who actually played the game complained about having slightly viable chasing
>>
is the speedcap gone?

if not fuckoff
>>
>implying this is good for me
I loved my double spf loadout and unlocked all my weapon and perks loadouts.
But of course game had been very slowly dying so I'll take this change.
>>
>>319667405
Pretty much, speed cap was implemented for a reason as without it the only way to stop a cap was either let sentinels be OP as fuck or d stack like crazy chasing is a great mechanic and it needs to exist. Speed cap negatively effects 1 person on the team while making the game more fun for everyone else.
>>
I used to play T:A all the time.

Now I'd rather stick to the UT pre-alpha. Hi-Rez smothered tribes while chasing MOBA money, fuck them.
>>
>>319668150
>>319667524
I hate the term speed cap. It implies that you cannot go faster than x speed.
There is no maximum speed you can go.
You are referring to flag drag in which the flag slows you down to a terminal velocity.
300 for light, 275 for medium, and 250 for heavy.
>>
File: gayman.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gayman.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
I can assure that 90% of /v/ is too casual to get to the speedcap anyway
It was just to prevent one person racking up speed alone, while leaving your team lost in the offense, just to get a 600+ sanic grab which was unbalanced as fuck since no one could catch up to him

I'm not defending speedcaps but /v/ has always been making a non-issue consider a huge problem.
>>
>>319668868
Agreed, people generally use the term speed cap to make it sound more negative than it really is. It's honestly a bit strange how it's brought up by multiple people in every single TA thread. Which is only explainable if either half of /v/ is top tier cappers, or just parroting shit they don't understand.
>>
I don't care about all the sanics, I just want muh spinfuser duels
>>
Really, the speed cap just makes sense considering there's HP regen. They should just remove the HP regen and add health packs so they wouldn't need the speed cap.
>>
>>319672646
Health regen is a fair bit slower now, so that might offset it a bit more. And ammo now gives health too.
>>
d-did they finally fix tribes?

the last time I played was so long ago. during beta and right after.
>>
>>319656749
>I don't know jack shit about Dota 2, so I can't say.

Dota2, All the characters are free, they only sell cosmetics.
Gameplay is 100% free. Hat Simulator is buy or trade or random drops
>>
main problem of this game will always be that as a new player, you're gonna get slaughtered.

the basics of this game are already hard as fuck to learn, yet alone to master
>>
>>319674472
true that. Once you get in though, you are gonna have the time of your life.

New players should get accostumed to movement, so they should try out mid or heavy characters. This way they have some more health to work with while they learn skiing. Having players on defense is always appreciated too.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.