[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best looking Mario game. Prove me wrong. >Protip:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 21
File: ewceaczxo2pgcd45fhau.jpg (197 KB, 1440x732) Image search: [Google]
ewceaczxo2pgcd45fhau.jpg
197 KB, 1440x732
This is the best looking Mario game. Prove me wrong.

>Protip: You can't.
>>
You get no argument from me. I still unironically call LttP and SMW beautiful to this day. Easily some of the best looking titles in their series.
>>
>>319628215
What even is it, some ROM hack? Or are you trying to say World because that isnt World
>>
Everyone knows that was the peak for Nintendo and it's "games"
>>
>>319628215
SMW's goombas don't look as good as those.
>>
>>319628215
The goombas in SMW were fuckretarded chestnut things though.
>>
>>319628298
Samefag here.

I'm blind and didn't notice the goombas. I actually prefer SMW goombas to the lame ass sombreros of SMB3.
>>
File: smwbg.gif (67 KB, 512x432) Image search: [Google]
smwbg.gif
67 KB, 512x432
Agreed. I love everything about SMW's art direction.
>>
I somehow avoided the name when playing as a kid but I never knew the goombas in SMW were goombas, I assumed they were a unique enemy.
>>
>>319628215
The Super Mario All Stars versions of 2 and 3 look better than World.
Hell, even the NES version of SMB3 looks better than World.
>>
File: papermario.png (323 KB, 377x600) Image search: [Google]
papermario.png
323 KB, 377x600
Out of the 2D platformers yeah, but 3D World and Galaxy look breathtaking at times and if you're counting side games, Paper Mario and M&L have better aesthetics in my opinion. Don't even get me started on Yoshi's Island games.
>>
>>319628215
First of all that's not World

Second of all World is the worst looking 2D Mario game on a console. All-Stars looks better, all 4 games.
>>
>>319629327
They're not, they're Galoombas. Look it up.
>>
>>319628215
That's true and sad at the same time
The SNES is much more capable than this

Sonic 1 only came out a few months later after Super Mario World's release on Japan and it looks like it's from a whole different generation
>>
File: Mario Help Me.png (73 KB, 252x163) Image search: [Google]
Mario Help Me.png
73 KB, 252x163
>>319629887
>Super Mario Bros 3
>All-Stars version
>Not hideous
>>
File: smwbg2.gif (723 KB, 250x219) Image search: [Google]
smwbg2.gif
723 KB, 250x219
>>319629349
>>319629887

I was just playing SMB1 and LL on my All Stars cart just now.

How are those better looking than SMW? They are alright, I like those mountains that look like they're made of jelly in some of the level backgrounds, but overall SMB1 and LL look pretty tame, it's alright, but not amazing.

SMB2 looks pretty good, it's probably the one that got the best remake as far as visuals go.

SMB3 looks alright but I think the NES version has a more fitting color palette.

Still SMW looks fantastic, for sure it looks better than SMB1 and LL, and I'd just say it looks better than SMB2 because it has more variety and more detail.

I think both SMB3 (NES) and SMW are the best looking 2D Mario games though.
>>
I like how NSMBU looked, but I could not get around to liking its sense of intertia or building momentum. Your max velocity just feels slower.
>>
World looks like shit, which isn't surprising since it's an unfinished game.

This is the best-looking Mario game (and the best Mario game).
>>
File: 1448908370136.jpg (8 KB, 200x203) Image search: [Google]
1448908370136.jpg
8 KB, 200x203
>>319629116
Have you realized that 60% of the game is just mostly recolored shit, in terms of graphics?

I mean, most of the levels were recolored grasslands, caves, forests and castles. Even the mechanics were pretty good, but I really wish that Nintendo could pay attention to it's graphics and world themes. Cause most of the levels tend to get boring after you finish and move on the next level expecting something new and refreshing, but then you just get a samey level as a fuck you in your face.
>>
>>319628382

>"games"

made me laugh
>>
>>319629984
That was a retcon of sorts. They were called Goombas in World, the name was only changed in 3D World since they had that special variety appear alongside normal Goombas and gave them a new name to differentiate them.
>>
File: miyaurl.jpg (116 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
miyaurl.jpg
116 KB, 500x337
>>319630341

typical SMB3 fanboy who hates on SMW simply because he has to take a polarized, exaggerated stance where he has to shit on one objectively good game in order to prove that he's a "true" SMB3 fanboy.

>SMW is unfinished because miyamoto said they couldn't fit everything they wanted in the game!

he said the same about basically any Mario game, he's an OCD perfectionist who is never satisfied and always thinks he could have added more.
SMW is still Miyamoto's favorite Mario game.
>>
>>319629887
SMW looks a lot better you bellend
>>
>>319630341
>which isn't surprising since it's an unfinished game
Where-abouts was this from? Outside of some left-over stuff that went unused that TCRF mined, it felt like a rather complete game.
>>
>>319630425

And SMB1, 2, 3 and Yoshi's Island have all very different backgrounds, right?
Hell, SMB1 is really just 2 or 3 backgrounds repeated, not even color swap.
SMB2 and 3 have a lot of black backgrounds without even detail, and when they used actual backgrounds on the All-Stars version, they also reused them a lot throughout the different worlds.

Yes, SMW uses a lot of recolor, but Mario games never had radically different looking levels. Even SMB3 with all its world variety used the same backgrounds a lot.

Mario is all about: athletic/grass levels, underground, underwater, fortress, castles.

Welcome to Mario games?
>>
>>319630241
>Doing that overcharges the SNES
Wonder why I never tried that.
>>
>>319630741
I think you're simplifying it a bit much. SMB3 had a lot of variety in its stage themes and graphics compared to just about every other 2D Mario.

The only ones that really start to rival it are the NSMB games but those recycle themes a lot from previous games so they also feel pretty boring. SMW is probably my favorite Mario but only a few of the worlds stood out for their themes.
>>
>>319630925
SMW had a sprite limit. Hit the cap and nothing new will spawn until some slots free up.
>>
>>319628215
>Donut land
>Nothing like donuts
Such a letdown.
>>
File: 2446807-7431188260-27063.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2446807-7431188260-27063.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
I personally think that Yoshi's Island has the best art direction from all the 2D Mario games.
>>
>>319631181
no contest Yoshi's Island design beats all the mario games on snes
>>
SMW is great but it looks like ass.
>>
agreed now go to bed
>>
>>319631181

I wonder if Nintendo will ever get to create another great Yoshi's Island game.
>>
>>319631106

Yes, the worlds had themes, but the actual graphics on the levels aren't really that different. Lots of world 3, 4 and 5 levels look just like the first world levels. World 8 uses assets from previous worlds but add a black background instead of the blue sky one. There's even a desert level on world 8, with black background.

SMW has the forest of illusion as far as unique themed worlds go.

It also has regular castles, fortress AND ghost houses.

I love SMB3, but I think you're not having everything into account, SMB3 has cool themes, the giant world was great, but the actual levels all share the same assets, as I said: athletic, underground, fortress, water, ice and in the case of SMB3, airships.
>>
Yoshi's Island looks way better.
>>
>>319630341
lol
>>
>>319630741
>SMW uses a lot of recolor, but Mario games never had radically different looking levels. Even SMB3 with all its world variety used the same backgrounds a lot
The biggest problem, though, is that SMB3 looked different from world to world. SMW didn't.

World 1: Grass
World 2: Grass
World 3: Cave
World 4: Sky, kinda
World 5: Forest
World 6: Chocolate Grass
World 7: Cave

Compare that to

World 1: Grass-ish
World 2: Desert
World 3: Water
World 4: Giant
World 5: Sky
World 6: Ice
World 7: Pipes
World 8: HELL

Even in the small amount of world variety SMW had, they could've changed up things here and there, like a haunted forest level or whatever
>>
>>319628859
They just don't look menacing as apples
>>
>>319631601

read: >>319631452

yes, SMB3 had world themes, but actual game graphics didn't vary too much, only remarkable ones that loof different from the rest are world 2 and world 6 due to being desert and iceland respectively.

World doesn't have world themes, but it has different themes for different levels. For example there's ice levels on SMW even though there isn't an ice world.
>>
>>319630341
I can't be the only one that thinks smb3 looks like absolute shit?
>>
SMW is the best game but has some of the worst assets and the worst art style. Only SMB Deluxe looks worse.

SMB3 has the best art style out of all sprite-based 2D games, unless you count Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>319631726
>For example there's ice levels on SMW
Exactly two in the entire game.
>>
>>319630552
>>319630658
SMW was rushed out the door for the Super Famicom's release. It will never be the game it was supposed to be and should have been. It's an unfocused mess of a game with little location variety and largely empty levels that thanks to the cape, you can fly over the vast majority of with impunity.

Also, I don't hate SMW, I just find it to be the weakest of the retro console 2D Mario games.
>>
>>319628215
so what Mario game is that supposed to be?
>>
>>319631761
Probably not but you better have a good reason if you think SMW looks better.
>>
>>319630552
No-one here is saying they hate the game, get your panties out of a bunch.
>>
>>319631767

What is it that you hate about SMW's assets and art style so much? I'm genuinely curious.

Also, wasn't SMB Deluxe just the NES SMB on the GBC? with a smaller screen ratio, but it pretty much had the same graphics.
>>
>>319631181
Technically it's not a 'mario' game, it's a Yoshi game.
Agreed though. I genuinely think it's the best Snes game.
>>
>>319630425
never really thought about it, but I do remember that you can't get a single cape until you leave the first world, and the background art changes significantly.

What you're complaining about was definitely improved for Yoshi's Island though, that game had a ridiculous number of different backgrounds, though unfortunately it reused music frequently.
>>
>>319631857
>empty levels that thanks to the cape, you can fly over the vast majority of with impunity

Compared to the super short levels in 3 that you can also bypass with a leaf?
Seriously, some of the levels in 3 are extremely short. The only long ones are the ones that have autoscroll.
>>
>>319631967
>>What is it that you hate about SMW's assets and art style so much? I'm genuinely curious.
Have you ever taken a good look at it? The game is incredibly inconsistent in its art style, as well as looking rather bland and generic.
>>
>>319628215
SMW 2 is better
original SMW feels clinically impersonal, just like the jumping physics that go straight up and down at exactly the same, level rate. not saying its a bad game or bad artstyle, just smb3 had soul. smb3's overworld music is pop music.
>>
>>319632072
>Seriously, some of the levels in 3 are extremely short
Quality > quantity though
>>
>>319632072
>Compared to the super short levels in 3 that you can also bypass with a leaf?

The leaf only allows you to fly a limited time and there's usually things in the sky for you to see when you do fly. SMB3's level design is concise and chock-full of good content that's memorable. Also, if you lose your Raccoon tail, another leaf doesn't magically fall from a box in the sky to give you another one, you have to earn it back by finding another one, if you can.

World throws power-ups at you like they're candy and the cape is broken as shit.
>>
>>319629603
I think sunshine easily beats galaxy, especially with how god tier the water was in that game to compliment the beach theme
>>
>>319631601
I wouldn't really say world 1 in SMW was grassland themed, I was originally going to say that it was jungle themed but now that I think about it it doesn't really have a theme
>yoshi's island 1 is in the hills
>yoshi's island 2 is in a jungle
>yoshi's island 3 is in the mountains
>yoshi's island 4 is in a lake
>>
>>319632158
>smw 2
>>
File: 1403566370329.jpg (394 KB, 1710x1210) Image search: [Google]
1403566370329.jpg
394 KB, 1710x1210
i think you've got it backwards anon. its called super mario world 2: yoshi's island. so it's more a yoshi game that's technically a mario game.

both games have amazing art direction, and are some of my earliest memories of seeing something as a kid and thinking 'wow that is just all kinds of aesthetically pleaseing.' anyone play wooly world? how does it stack up against island?
>>
>>319632305
was a response to
>>319632024
>>
>>319631857
>SMW was rushed out the door for the Super Famicom's release
it is interesting to see all the bizarre glitches it has since the engine was built in such a short timespan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvY1MNF26-w
>>
>>319631967
Meant All-Stars, sorry.

The biggest problem with SMW art is how much of an inconsistent mishmash it is of several different styles that don't fit together. The use of color and style of shading is all over the place too. It's not terrible but it's one of the weakest styles in the series.

Basically, it's one of the earliest 16-bit titles the artists at Nintendo had to work wit and it shows.
>>
>>319630341
>and the best Mario game
No. The amount of delusion smb3 fans have is almost akin to super metroid fans. Like seriously. You can't know what a good game controls like, play smb3, and not think the physics were abominable.
>>
>>319632160
But SMB3 has a ton of shit tier short ass levels and like, 5 memorable ones.
>>
>>319632417
SMB3 controls perfectly to me and I've been playing vidya for 25 years. Have you tried not sucking?
>>
>>319632160
>quality
Like what? I'm pretty sure that there is never any complex platforming in SM3 unlike in the later levels or puzzles in SMW. You can argue that it has a lot of warp points but there are warp points in like every mario game.

>>319632246
No. Even thought the leaf only lets you fly for a short time is just enough to bypass the levels because they are extremely short. I'll agree that there are levels with unique things but all of it is redundant since you can't even replay the level once you clear it.
The argument about the leaf and the cape is stupid anyway since you can always choose to not use them
>>
>>319632417
What the fuck are you smoking? SMB3 controls are nearly identical to SMW and later titles.
>>
>>319632504
Maybe you can enjoy ice shoes and mario having the mass of the average tumblr hamplanet in the air, as well as noticeable input lag compared to world. Not me. It might be because i'm not a cock gargling faggot though.
>>
>>319632581
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>319631857
>SMW was rushed out the door for the Super Famicom's release. It will never be the game it was supposed to be and should have been.

Again, Miyamoto is a perfectionist and he pretty much says that about every game he does. And again, SMW is still his personal favorite Mario game, if it really was an "unfinished mess of a game", he wouldn't even acknowledge it.

As for the location variety, SMB3 world themes are cool, but outside of the maps, the actual levels all reuse assets from world 1. Athletic and Underground being the most common assets, as it's been the tradition since SMB1.

Some other anon said world 8 is "hell", but the levels are just airship-style levels, reused assets from world 1 and world 2 (now with BLACK background for further DARKNESS) and... that's it.

Just in case, I love both games, I just think SMB3 fans are too harsh on SMW sometimes.
>>
>>319632729
Prove it doesn't.
>>
>>319632573
You wot m8? There's barely any complex platforming or puzzles in SMW.
>>
>>319632573
>never any complex platforming in SM3 unlike in the later levels or puzzles in SMW
What? SMB3 had a lot more platforming puzzles in the later level, with hidden blocks and whatnot.
>>
>>319632087
>>319632412

I don't think SMW is inconsistent mishmash... any examples? I think everything blends together well, and I definitely don't think it looks generic at all. I mean, Mario was never about extremely flamboyant and edgy designs, but for example >>319629116 these mountains always felt pretty awesome to me, and unique to Super Mario World. Not generic at all.

SMW is very simple, but I think it's very beautiful in its simple art style. Then again all Mario games are like that, Mario was never overdesigned, and that's a good thing.
>>
>>319632763
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk21/jdaster64/smb3_physics.png
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk21/jdaster64/smw_physics.png
>>
File: 1374773838627.png (37 KB, 143x125) Image search: [Google]
1374773838627.png
37 KB, 143x125
>>319631601
SMW were all varied. There were snow levels in world two, as water, ghost, fortress and castle levels, plus caves.
Unlike SMB3 one or two themes plus the castle and bonus levels, World is not World themed, having a lot of variety in each world.

First world had grass, the switch palace and castle.
Second had Grass, cave, underwater, ghost house, fortress, castle and ice levels.
Third had cave and grass levels, a frotress and a castle with a "river" kind of level.
Fourth was short, with bridge, underwater, desert and sky levels, with the castle.
Fifth had forest, ghost house, underwater, levels, etc.
Then the chocolate ones, with desert, grass and ice levels.
Then cave, night, ghost, and castle levels.
Then there is two bonus worlds you forgot, star world which has cave, underwater, and night levels.
And the special world, with grass, night, ice, ruins, and that one ballon level.

This is all plus the fact that SMW is like a hundred times less linear than SMB3 was.
And.
Having a bunch of different themed levels>Having one them per world
>>
>>319632763

You can't throw shells/objects upwards in SMB3, for one.
There's many other differences, overall SMW's control feels a lot more tight, SMB3 is like something in between SMB1 and SMW. Not as slippery as SMB1 and you can pick up and throw shells, but yet not as tight as SMW's controls and you can't pick up other objects that aren't shells or throw them upwards.

SMB2 (USA) introduced the pick up and throw mechanic I guess, but in a different way.
>>
>>319632959
tl;dr
>>
>>319633085
nice one cockass
>>
>>319629603
Objectively correct
>>
>>319633085
then gtfo
>>
>>319632971

World 1 also had a water level (Yoshi's Island 3) Not underwater, but still water-themed, reminiscent of SMB3's water levels on world 3 that weren't underwater.
>>
>>319632798
>There's barely any complex platforming or puzzles in SMW
There is, let me list some examples.
The ghost houses with hidden secrets (as in you can't actually tell there are second exits, the vertical levels, the later levels that combine horizontal and vertical platforming.

>>319632850
>SMB3 had a lot more platforming puzzles in the later level

The only two worlds in the later part of the game that have this are 7 and 8 and out of those worlds they only had like two or three levels with something relatively complex like those levels with the sun and the note blocks or the one with the requires shell to pass the level.
The rest is an autoscroll fest.
>>
>>319633167
>>319633191
I'm not him, seriously, tl;dr. Give me the cliffnotes version because at least part of me cares about the different physics.
>>
>>319633206

actually it was Yoshi's Island 4, 3 was more like a mountain level.
>>
>>319633248
>The rest is an autoscroll fest.
objectively incorrect

Opinion discarded
>>
>>319632959
I guess you didn't read those? Because those prove that the overall physics are next to identical between the two games with only minor minute differences.

>>319633069
>throwing shells and goombas, a gameplay mechanic, is now physics and controls
Moving goalposts. Your first post mentioned the physics, don't step away from that.
>>
>>319632573
>Even thought the leaf only lets you fly for a short time is just enough to bypass the levels because they are extremely short.
Haha, no. SMB3 levels are shorter than World's but there's actually shit in your way that makes it hard for you to just fly through them and be done with it. Besides, one optimal flight will generally only get you at best halfway through a Mario 3 level.

>all of it is redundant since you can't even replay the level once you clear it.
Good. Part of why World isn't as good is because you can replay levels, which means you can cheese those levels for power-ups and lives. SMB3 demands that you move forward.

>the actual levels all reuse assets from world 1. Athletic and Underground being the most common assets, as it's been the tradition since SMB1.
You critique SMB3 for that when SMW is just as guilty, if not moreso.

>The argument about the leaf and the cape is stupid anyway since you can always choose to not use them
It isn't stupid because one BREAKS THE GAME. Avoiding the cape doesn't it remove it from the game, it's still there. It's still the huge elephant in the room.
>>
>>319633327
>objectively incorrect
Nice retort retard. Half of the levels in world 8 have autoscroll and the sky world had its own share of them too.
>>
>>319633402
>Moving goalposts. Your first post mentioned the physics, don't step away from that.

>throwing mechanics, something that involves gravity physics, isn't physics

bravo, einstein!
>>
>>319633286
Here's one:

In SMB3, your jump is divided into two states: anything but the high point and the high point. The high point was much slower, so if you jumped you could feel Mario's jump ease into a descent. In SMW, however, your jump is always at the same speed.

>>319633402
>Because those prove that the overall physics are next to identical between the two games with only minor minute differences
nah

>>319633248
>The ghost houses with hidden secrets (as in you can't actually tell there are second exits)
lolwut?
>the vertical levels
>the later levels that combine horizontal and vertical platforming
Which SMB3 had as well?
>>
>>319632730
I think the thing is that SMB3's world themes go beyond just the graphics.

Like big world might be mostly just grasslands, but it continues its theme with giant blocks and giant enemies everywhere. Water world, obviously, had a lot of water. Sky world had that whole bit with the big tower that went into the sky. Granted this is a thread about graphics specifically so I guess it doesn't matter much here.
>>
>>319633402
>smb3
>much worse acceleration/deceleration
>faster base movement, making the above even worse to control
>jump physics calculated completely differently
>lower gravity
>>
Super Mario World is a bad Mario game for one simple reason:

No bricks.
>>
>>319633403
>You critique SMB3 for that when SMW is just as guilty, if not moreso.

but I never said SMW doesn't do it, as I said, it's part of the Super Mario tradition.

You SMB3 fanboys are the ones who insist that SMB3 has all unique levels, and no, SMB3 still has the same athletic/underground asset scheme, the only difference is that the maps all look different. Again, I cite the example of world 8. Yeah the hellish map looks cool, but the actual levels are airships, world 1 and 2 assets with black background, no actual "hell" levels.

Also let me say I'm not trashing SMB3, I fucking love it, but I think SMB3 fanboys are a bit delusional.
>>
>>319633493

Agreed, but SMW also uses these themes, just not in specific worlds. SMW has water, sky, ice, etc, but not concentrated in one same world, with the exception of Forest of Illusion. (which still also has a water level)
>>
SMW vs SMB3 threads are always really stupid because people arguing for one side always try so hard to say that their game is better that they act like the other game is bad. Both of them are two of the greatest games ever made.
>>
File: SMWspin.gif (313 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
SMWspin.gif
313 KB, 500x368
>>319633665

True, it doesn't have any bricks, but that doesn't make it a bad game.
It has blocks which IMO are even better.
>>
>>319633471
>>319633475
>>319633591
>SMWfags are so delusional that when presented facts or told that they are moving goalposts their only counterargument is "no u"
loving every laugh
>>
>>319633403
>but there's actually shit in your way that makes it hard for you to just fly through them and be done with it

The levels are as linear as they get what are you smoking?

> Part of why World isn't as good is because you can replay levels

Are you serious now? What id i want to replay a level just for the sake of having fun playing it or to search for secrets. How the hell is having a replay feature bad?

>It isn't stupid because one BREAKS THE GAME

It is. You are making a huge deal of it just because it is on the game. If you don't like it don't use it. Same deal with the raccoon leaf and the P wing.

>>319633475
>lolwut?
I'm sorry you need to resort to memes to validate your point

>Which SMB3 had as well?
Vertical? sure it had like two or three. Combination of both at the level that SMW had? Don't make me laugh.
>>
File: SMW2_SluggytheUnshaven.jpg (8 KB, 200x148) Image search: [Google]
SMW2_SluggytheUnshaven.jpg
8 KB, 200x148
>>319633929

You're loving every laugh about you not being aware that gravity is part of physics?
>>
>>319633929
You sound mad as fuck lmao
>>
I like SMW because I can beat it. SMB3 is too hard. I've never gotten past those Tank levels.
Though in SMW I can't beat the 3rd Castle, so I never take the bottom bridge. Those asshole magikoopas.

in fact, fuck both games, auto-scrolling levels should be banned.
>>
>>319633206
Thats the "river level" I posted about.
>>319633314
Also forgot to post about mountain levels. And underwater caves and other high kind of levels.
Lets not forget SMW having not only more horizontal distance, but also had huge vertical levels (first star world, that world three level, some chocolate levels.)
>>319633475
SMW also had those "get some amount of coins and time to get to a point" puzzles and a couple of maze puzzles in the forest world and chocolate world.
>>
>>319634236

dude SMB3 isn't even really that hard. The tank levels in world 8 are easy and pretty short. You just need patience and stay in the left side of the screen so you can see what's coming to you.

If you use a leaf it's even easier, but I've beaten the game recently mostly with small Mario.

Basically git gud though, larry's castle isn't that hard either, you can kill the magikoopas, use a fireflower.
>>
File: Skub.png (22 KB, 147x125) Image search: [Google]
Skub.png
22 KB, 147x125
>>
>>319634556
This is the greatest example of that thing where you try and make a joke that's not funny but people think you're trying to make a joke so they take it seriously and have heated arguments.
>it does so be funny! its a joke!
No, it's not. It's a trap. You fell for it, now you look stupid for pretending you're smart.
>>
>>319632798
well mario 3 only had that one level where you had to do the weird jump to get out of the underground or something but the fact that you think that about world proves you never 96%'d that shit
>>
File: 1445952031954.png (276 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1445952031954.png
276 KB, 700x700
>>319629603
>Dat texture
>>
File: 1433897451377.jpg (42 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1433897451377.jpg
42 KB, 600x400
>>319634674
What?
>>
>>319632246
world gives you one additional item slot, 3 gives you literally a fucking page of backup items.

also at least you still have to push buttons to use the cape, in 3 you just find a whistle and you are auto warped ahead.

3 is not a bad game but world is leagues better.
>>
>>319634865

About that, flying with the raccoon mario lets you easily avoid enemies while on mid air, since you can move in any direction at will while you're still flying.

The cape is a double-edged sword because while you can keep going ahead, you can't really control the cape outside of going up and down, you can't go back, so it's really hard to avoid enemies in mid air.

Only way to avoid enemies on mid air easily is using winged/blue Yoshi
>>
File: laughing dragons.jpg (152 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
laughing dragons.jpg
152 KB, 658x658
>>319634674
mad as fuck skubfag detected
>>
>>319635097
if you hit enemies while gliding in the cape you just lose your flight, you don't lose your powerup
>>
>>319633984
>>I'm sorry you need to resort to memes to validate your point
The Ghost Houses had puzzles that usually resorted to "find the right door". Incredibly basic stuff.
>Vertical? sure it had like two or three
And SMW had how many? Two or three?
>Combination of both at the level that SMW had?
The first world alone has two.
>>
>>319634261
>>SMW also had those "get some amount of coins and time to get to a point" puzzles
Wasn't a puzzle.
>a couple of maze puzzles in the forest world and chocolate world
Find the right exit to advance... fair enough, that's more of an actual puzzle. I personally found them a bit tedious, but that's besides the point.
>>
>>319634686
I've hacked SMW for years. I think I know it better than you do.
>>
>>319636104

I hacked smb3 I know more about the game than you
>>
File: i lied.jpg (15 KB, 174x122) Image search: [Google]
i lied.jpg
15 KB, 174x122
>>319636104
>my dad works for nintendo
>>
I'm not as fond of SMW's art direction. Yes, I know it's pure nostalgia causing my incorrect opinion, but fuck you.

Still, it's better than NSMB's art and music.
>>
>>319635950
>>319636042

SMW puzzles also include stuff like having to carry some object, like a P-switch or a key.

But Mario games aren't meant to have Zelda-like puzzles, it is mostly finding secret paths which I think suits Mario games better than anything else.
SMB3's puzzles are also like that, except you don't need to carry anything.

The only classic Mario games where you have to carry stuff around to solve puzzles are SMB2 and World.
>>
File: 1447749302703.gif (886 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1447749302703.gif
886 KB, 250x188
>>319630552
hit the nail on the head here family, why are 3 autists all like this?
>>
I don't like how it looks because it reminds me of those newgrounds videos I watched when I was younger and they always used the sprites from that game.
>>
>>319631181
fucking beautiful
>>
File: 6-5SMAS.png (3 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
6-5SMAS.png
3 KB, 256x224
Which mario game has the best ice levels?
>>
New Super Mario bros U had some great looking levels
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.