[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinions thread I'll start >Despite having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: F-Zero-GP-Legend.jpg (126 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
F-Zero-GP-Legend.jpg
126 KB, 800x450
Unpopular opinions thread

I'll start
>Despite having played all of the games, I still like F-Zero GP Legend most out of all the F-Zero games
>>
>>319626749
I don't really like any of the F-Zero games outside of GX.

I just can't fucking figure out racing on those Mode-7 games. Same with Super Mario Kart. I just suck shit at them.
>>
>>319626749
Is that the shitty game they included in the Ambassador thing for the 3DS? Supposedly Climax is supposed to be much better. I need to play the rest of the 2D F-Zero games. I tried the demo for the original through Smash 4 and it was surprisingly good.

While we're on the topic of unpopular F-Zero opinions, then imo, F-Zero X is almost, if not just as good, as GX. I actually like the physics slightly more, since when you go off a ramp, you can angle yourself in a certain way to go at max velocity. It's pretty sweet.
>>
>>319626749
since its an unpopular opinion here
mass effect 2 is the best mass effect game
>>
>>319626749
How different is it from SNES? Because I always hated the original game, so I've avoided every game like it.
>>
>>319629889
>Is that the shitty game they included in the Ambassador thing for the 3DS?
That's Maximum Velocity. It's not shitty, it's just barely got more content than the SNES game.
>>
File: GX.jpg (85 KB, 406x305) Image search: [Google]
GX.jpg
85 KB, 406x305
>>
>>319630168
I played it and I fucking hated it despite loving X and GX.

Like, no vehicles, hating the limited boost system, turning and such felt awful, etc. Even for it being 2D, I felt like it was trash.

I don't see why Nintendo can't just make a new game. Even without SEGA, Nintendo has shown with the F-Zero tracks in MK8 that they can still do F-Zero course design pretty well.
>>
>>319629997
Fuck you.
>>
GP Legend is a damn good game. Its maximum velocity thats the bad one.
>>
>>319626749
The uncharted games are offensively bad.
>>
>>319630284
Sad to hear you didn't like it. Going from the 2d games from the 3d games takes some getting used to but it's still a rewarding experience if you can get into it.
GP-Legend and Climax have more vehicles but I haven't played them personally so I don't know how they compare.
>>
>>319626749
I liked f-zero x more then gx. The gameplay, the music and I couldn't get enough of the random generated x cup. Fuck I'm still sad that we never got the f-zero track editor or whatever the fuck was supposed to come out with the 64DD. Don't get me wrong, GX was great, but my heart will always find X as the best.
>>
>>319626749
Metroid 1 is the best game in the series and Super Metroid is casual shit that did more damage to video game design than most people realize.
>>
>>319630035

it's a mode 7 racer but the physics are quite different there's health sacrificial boosting like X / GX

would take the SNES F-ZERO over any of the gba games. climax is the best of those
>>
>>319630817
Elaborate.
>>
>>319630739
My nigga, just for giving F-Zero X it's due. The most underrated racing game ever, if only b/c people overlook it in favor of GX. It manages to be an underrated game in an underrated series overshined by another criminally underrated game.
>>
>>319630817
>did more damage to video game design than most people realize
This part is true, particularly if you include SOTN's influence as well. Maybe 8 out of every 10 metroidvanias made in the last decade take the wrong design cues from both games and you end up with a trend of games with pointless backtracking, where resources would have been better spent designing levels that only went in one direction (or worse, level design that goes in one direction anyway, completely oblivious to the genre's strengths and weaknesses).
>>
I really really really wanna play one of these games but dont have any nintendo consoles

Whats the best to emulate, and what emulator should i use?

That one looks really cool but its lowish framerate, ill try it but probably wanna play a higher fidelity version, what do you guys suggest?
>>
FOREVER HE WILL BE MY HERO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L0pW3Eol6k
>>
>>319629889
>>319630035
>>319630284
GP Legend is like they tried to take the Maximum Velocity engine and make it more like F-Zero X.
>the X boost system (with the health bar, no boosts until lap 2, etc)
>the X spin attack
>the cars are faster and way less sluggish on the turning
>The acceleration/top-speed slider from X/GX
>30+ vehicles
>music tracks remixed from SNES, X and GX (and some new ones)
>tracks from the SNES original brought back in the Platinum Cup
>A story mode inspired by the F-Zero anime, with various missions for each character
>A mission mode of sorts, in which you must do certain tasks on certain tracks within a time limit
>There aren't those dud cars on the track, every vehicle on the track is an actual racer
There's probably other things I'm missing, but yeah I hated Maximum Velocity too. GP Legend is a legitimately decent game. Never played Climax but it's supposed to be more of the same, with a track editor
>>
>>319629724

Me 2, apart from F-Zero X, which I also sort of enjoyed.

I just don't get the appeal of the flat F-zero games
>>
Halo and CoD are generic and boring.
>>
F-Zero GP Legend looks like a true sequel to original F-Zero tb.h fa.m

F-Zero should have stayed 2D though
>>
>>319631428
that's not really an unpopular opinion m8
>>
>>319631217

aren't many, just the original f-zero, which is good mechanically but perhaps archaic with brutish graphic wizardry that creates a sort of fake 3d

X / GX are 3d, GX is faster paced and tighter more twitchy controls, X's physics have a sense of momentum, resistance etc that distinguish it from GX

the 3 gba games were outsourced (though GX was too)
>>
How do you tackle a sharp corner in F-Zero GX? Do you actually brake or is there some trick to get a clean line through a S bend?
>>
>>319631320
Sheeeit, maybe I'll have to play through these games someday.

Really wish Nintendo would stop fucking around and just put the GBA games on the 3DS' VC already. They had the nerve to give us the terrible F-Zero on the Ambassador program.
>>
>>319631538
>X's physics have a sense of momentum, resistance etc that distinguish it from GX
I hope they bring this back for the next F-Zero game.

Felt so good angling your F-Zero machine in just the right way. They could even do some crazy stuff with that if they designed the courses accordingly.
>>
I really wish they would make another prince of Persia game

I didn't play the one they did for the movie
>>
I thought picrelated was better than the first. Both are good games though.
>>
>>319631580
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWssHM4jUFA
You can tell just by footage that it handles entirely differently to Maximum Velocity, so I'd definitely recommend you try it out on an emu when you have the time

The only problem with GP Legend is that it doesn't quite have the difficulty of X or GX. Even beating every cup in Expert mode didn't feel like much of a challenge at all.
>>
>>319631569
I remember reading that you can take sharp corners with a technique called snaking or somethin like that.
>>
File: Homura x Madoka 029.jpg (501 KB, 574x838) Image search: [Google]
Homura x Madoka 029.jpg
501 KB, 574x838
The Last of Us is a pretty good game if you like slow paced survival action.

Halo is a great shooter because of its simplicity.

Quake is better than Doom and its aesthetic is more interesting.

It's more important to have a stable framerate than a high one.

Controllers are more comfortable and enjoyable to use than keyboards, I just wish they could have the same precision as a mouse.
>>
>>319631812
Yeah that's why I don't play Mario Kart or F-Zero. There's this weird player discovered meta trick that is required but was never designed for it, and just sort of ruins the way you play the game.
>>
>>319631834
>It's more important to have a stable framerate than a high one.
THIS

HOW COULD THOSE PEOPLE STILL NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IT?
>>
>>319631483
Yes? It is?

Look at how many copies they sell, look at how much flak you get if you post something bad about those games on ANY website.

>but its hated on /v/
It was hated on /v/, then neo/v/ came along.
>>
File: GTAIV cover.png (677 KB, 640x794) Image search: [Google]
GTAIV cover.png
677 KB, 640x794
It was good if not great. Easily one of my favourite GTAs. In Top 3 GTAs for sure.
>>
>>319631903
Can't speak for Mario Kart but snaking in F-Zero was intended by the devs.
>>
File: Jody Summer.jpg (124 KB, 736x2072) Image search: [Google]
Jody Summer.jpg
124 KB, 736x2072
>>
>>319631968
>"i get 12 fps in LoL"
but it's ok, because i'll never skip those frames huehuehue
>>
>>319631968
That doesn't always works. Having an average of 50-60 fps is better than a stable 25.
>>
>>319632282
F-Zero girls are so underrated

>tfw lost my F-Zero folder
>>
>>319632858
That really depends on the game. If it's a competitive game, I would much rather it be a stable 30 for everyone over it being 50-60 fluctuating, framerate drops and stutters can really fuck you up in a tight situation. If it's a platformer? Fluctuate all you like

Of course, the better option would just be to have 60fps at all times on all games. I'd be willing to take the graphical sacrifice for such a thing, it's a shame most casual gamers wouldn't care for it
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.