[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sylv is at it again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13
File: sylvanas_icecrown.jpg (123 KB, 773x599) Image search: [Google]
sylvanas_icecrown.jpg
123 KB, 773x599
Alright guys, didn't see any thread so let me sum up the new pieces of lore that came out of the beta.

It's speculated that a book will come out before the xpac explaining what happened on the Broken Shore after the cinematic with Variann.

The player starts off either fighting the forsaken on the Alliance side.
Alliance soldiers call Sylvannas a traitor.

Pretty clear to me that she pretended to help on the Broken Shore just to dismantle the Alliance by killing Variann

There's a blank in the storyline, but it is known that Sylvannas has declared herself the Warchief because she wanted the Horde troups to help her get to the Pure Valkyr.

She seeks complete control over life and death, and probably the Scourge.

So there you have it. That's the situation right now.

tl;dr Sylv will become the Lich Queen because Blizz needs new antagonists
>>
>>319626429

She's always been an antagonist, just that one of the lead developers have had a veto right when someone have suggested that something bad would happen to her.

She's literally one of the developers waifu and it ain't Metzen so no corruption for her.
>>
>>319626429
Sounds like bullshit, to be honest. Source?

Although, I wouldn't be that surprised if Blizz decided to kill off another established major character. They've been doing this every expansion.
But people love Sylvanas too much, Blizz probably wouldn't dare.
>>
>>319626934

They killed off Tirion fordring for the ret paladin quest just so they had an excuse for rets to get ashbringer
>>
>>319627175
Tirion was a godawful character, good riddance.
>>
>>319626934

https://youtu.be/NAJZR2LSjpM

Gathering bits and pieces from boards and gameplay like this one.

They're not killing her off or anything, though, mind you. They're making her the main antagonist.

Her killing Variann, that's me speculating.
But people calling her a traitor and disappearing after the events to find the Pure Valkyr, that's already in the game.
>>
File: thrall.jpg (57 KB, 384x395) Image search: [Google]
thrall.jpg
57 KB, 384x395
>>319626429
I'll gladly follow my dark lady. Proud to be forsaken. FOR THE LICH QUEEN!
>>
>>319627282
Okay, I'd think MMO-champ would write about something major as this. Although I don't have audio at work, so can't really get anything out of this video.

Anyway, that hardly makes her an antagonist. She's an acting Warchief, she can't possibly be the expansion's antagonist. That's ought to be some demon, or maybe Azshara or N'Zoth.
Maybe if you're Alliance scum you can call her an antagonist, but that applies to any Horde leader.
>>
>>319627175

Pretty shitty, wonder how Eitrigg feel about it, they were niggas for life.
>>
File: 1433703788164.jpg (418 KB, 800x917) Image search: [Google]
1433703788164.jpg
418 KB, 800x917
So how long has WOW become a daytime soap opera?
>>
>>319627629
>Alliance scum
Rich coming from a faction of green skinned dindunuffins.
>>
>>319627629

Welp... So far there's not a lot of Legion in Legion
>>
>>319628218
>faction of green skinned dindunuffins
>faction
Orcs are just one race in the faction, even if the "main" one.
But no need to worry, everyone, even orcs are not banned from the blessing of undeath. Death erases all racial conflicts. Death is the true way to the world peace.
>>
>>319628545
So far Legion looks like a mishmash of different storylines and lore bits. The Burning Legion, Emerald Nightmare, the Naga, even fucking Vrykul. Blizzard are scraping the bottom of the barrel with Legion. They've literally ran out of ideas for a coherent, strong themed expansion pack.
>>
>>319627964
>making Karazhan this big
>no Mt Blackrock
>>
>>319628218
>Alliance
>Elfs are the reason that legion attacked Azeroth
>majority of twilight cultist are humans
>Sargeras most loyal generals are corrupted draeneis

I agree that orcs are dindu. But Alliance are equally shitty.

Sylvanas >>>>>> Everyone else.
>>
Lich King Bolvar will save our asses in a future patch during Legion. Screencap this.
>>
I just hope they kill her off.

I've hated her for years, and hate her more with every piece of information from Legion.
>>
>>319626429

>warcraft
>lore

who cares, warcraft/wow/blizzard is shit and dead.
>>
>Another expansion where Vol'jin, Jaina and many others are completely irrelevant

blizzard, oh I mean *cough* metzen dropping the ball again. I want to know why Vol'jins left. I want to know what Jaina is up too after being kicked out of Dalaran.
>>
>>319626429
Based Sylvanas. Fuck the haters.
>>
File: 1341233145818.png (346 KB, 524x511) Image search: [Google]
1341233145818.png
346 KB, 524x511
>it's an alliance loses it's leader again episode
>>
File: 1449719052476.jpg (956 B, 125x112) Image search: [Google]
1449719052476.jpg
956 B, 125x112
>>319626429
Don't any of you Blizzdrones find it sad how Warcraft lore devolved into a meandering roundabout of contriving Deviant-tier fanfic?

I mean to say, literally what the fuck is this trash?
>>
File: srsly.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>319628563
>>
File: chris-metzen.jpg (9 KB, 260x201) Image search: [Google]
chris-metzen.jpg
9 KB, 260x201
The last boss of Legion will be an Orc raid. Screencap this post.
>>
>DKs get to talk to the lich king for their artifact quest

that is cool as shit
>>
>>319631841
I thought he was fatter then this, was that other image bait?
>>
File: Deploy.jpg (157 KB, 914x470) Image search: [Google]
Deploy.jpg
157 KB, 914x470
Only logical choice really, Blizzard wrote themselves into a corner by making literally all of the faction heroes noble and altruistic, caring only to find peace and happiness for their land and neighbors.

Sylvanas is the only faction leader who can contribute to a destabilization of peace and cause legitimate friction between the two factions which have been holding hands to beat the big bad for a decade now. They always TEASE war but it's usually just a few characters yelling at each-other, a pvp objective in a quest zone that nobody does and towns nobody goes to anymore being blown up.

However the new focus on class cooperation may have freed up their hands somewhat and having the least stable Horde leader backstab the linchpin of the Alliance would be a great way to start things off by burning some bridges and making storylines that matter. Normally I'd get cynical and say there's no way the Horde as a whole would back her on this, considering the way even Garrosh had his own people turning on him at the drop of a hat. But this is freaking Sylvanas, the manipulative bitch who managed to liberate Lordaeron from the Scourge/Legion with only a handful of banshees. Garrosh was too crass and infatuated with his own sense of honor to stoop to bribes and intimidation, Sylvanas isn't.
>>
>>319632449
You're saying this if Blizzard will ever implement a full-scale war between the faction. Face it, it will never ever happen.

The Wrathgate in WotLK was supposed to do that.
The Cataclysm said to have escalated the war for the dwindling resources.
MoP had Horde leader as the big bad even.
WoD has obviously strong orc and draenei themes, to polarize the players of the two factions.

But it never really has any major impact on the overall balance of the two factions, and doesn't translate to gameplay.
>>
>>319632449
My first character was forsaken. I might consider actually playing if this expansion has more faction friction and a warchief I don't hate in it... so Sylvanas. I'm so tired of the collaboration of Horde and Alliance.
>>
TFW loved the idea of fighting Deathwing but the expansion sucked and I gave up completely on WoW.

The voice actor was pretty decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AISnuZI80PA
>>
>>319632892
>But it never really has any major impact on the overall balance of the two factions

Never will either, this isn't the sort of game where there will be asymmetrical content or the ability to perform major-league griefing by allowing players to sack cities and disrupt the other faction on a grand scale. Plenty of other games do this, WoW won't.

Really I'm just talking more about the storyline, with Garrosh the only characters you saw getting behind him were equally nutty all the other characters just rolled their eyes and went through the motions. Sylvanas has built up a shit ton of resources and connections in Cata, her power base is massively stable compared to Garrosh.

Sadly, I'm thinking the 'Pure Val'kyr' are going to end up as a doomsday mcguffin, where the threat is Sylvanas being able to convert all races into Forsaken. Which will probably lead to either her getting Garrosh'd or, even worse, getting some bullshit unnecessary redemption.
>>
>>319633487
>Never will either
That was my point, yes.
>>
I don't even know how they keep rationalizing PvP with how bullshit handholdy world of peacecraft the game's writing has gotten.
It was good at the start of MoP. We were all set to kill the shit out of each other, there were loads of kill alliance quests. It was great. Nazgrim was the best character ever.
Now he's dead, Garrosh turned evil because war in warcraft is bad and wrong and mean, and I don't think there was a single alliance vs horde anything in WoD besides alliance spies during invasions. MoP's writing turned out to be the most horrendous storybook drek I've ever seen. We didn't even get a new battleground for WoD.
I'm gettin' tired of this shit. In classic there was nothing but hostility, in BC we were forced to share a capitol but everything was still hostile. WotLK was the beginning of the end but at least there were world PvP objectives and kill-alliance quests. Cata had a lot of kill-alliance quests but also a lot of don't-kill-alliance bullshit going on.
Everything's just moving away from what I actually liked, where it felt like a functioning world with competing factions and not some boringass good vs evil horse shit.
>>
>>319634431
>Garrosh turned evil because war in warcraft is bad and wrong and mean
Garrosh was evil because he was a nazi supremacist. He wasn't pro-Horde, he was pro-Orc only.
>>
I'm going to be really pissed, if this bitch kills our Warcraft Jotaro. Hope we will get a chance to kill her.
>>
>>319626429
They're going to kill off all the old cast sooner or later.
WoW is shit anyway.
>>
>>319627175
Isn't he crippled? I guess that's as good as killing him off
>>
>hints at alliance restarting the conflict
not like it'll stick though. I mean they started it the last two times already and just deny it
>>
Sylv was only useful as arthas cumdump,.

Damn, she was unable to hurt or get revenge on arthas in any way, despite the fact that he raped her cold corpse over and over again.

She almost made the horde lose the war with her bullshit, and now she is going to be garrosh 2.0.

Good riddance when she finally dies for good.
>>
File: only oldfags will get this.jpg (173 KB, 733x1191) Image search: [Google]
only oldfags will get this.jpg
173 KB, 733x1191
>>319626429
LEAVE SYLVANAS ALONE
LEAVE HER ALONEEEEEE
>>
>Sylvanas finally actually being handled as a villain
>going to get killed
Legion sounds fantastic.
>>
>>319635110
She never really was raped by Arthas. If yes then prove sources. As far as I remember Arthas just tore her soul out of her body then sealed her dead body to some kind of coffin.
>>
>>319636026

Soul rape.
>>
>people actually think Sylvy is gonna be killed
Did any of you read the first post? Worst that'll happen is she'll be the antagonist but pull some sort of redemption and come out stronger for it. Or just keep being a bitch but suffer nothing for it.

Basically, WoW's Kerrigan.
>>
>>319636498
At least Kerrigan was actually a proper villain for some time, Sylvanas is outright evil but on the right side for some reason.
>>
>>319626429
I want Sylvanas to resurrect Varian and force Varian to embrace his shadow side and become Guts.
>>
You forsaken players are worse than furries. I hope they bring back Garrosh and contain forsaken and belfs in their own autist league faction.
>>
>>319636930
Honestly, if Varian doesn't get Val'kyr ressed and turned into a forsaken, I'll be so extremely sad.
>>
>>319637554
My nigga.

Blood Elves and Undead are the cancer of the Horde.
>>
Glory to the Dark Lady!
>>
>>319639813
>Horde would be better off just having cows, green niggers and jew niggers
>>
>>319636930
I'd want that only if it makes that little shit Anduin realize that the horde are a bunch of subhuman niggers and he goes full Lo'gosh on them.
>>
>>319626801
>she's always been an antagonist
She was an anti-hero in WC3.

She really wasn't evil until WoW/WotLK.
>>
>>319636591
>Kerrigan was a proper villain for some time
She was completely ruined in SC2, she's a million times worse than Sylvanas because she's actually supposed to be likable now despite the entirety of SC1/Brood War.

At least Sylvanas isn't supposed to be likeable as a heroic figure.
>>
>>319640874
God Kerrigan is such a boring bitch with nothing interesting about her outside of muh waifu
>>
>>319640661

Undead are evil by default.
>>
>>319640103
Don't forget voodoo niggers, they are bros.
Still better off without faggots and edgy faggots.
>>
>>319641223
They're just too busy being stereotypically rastafarian for anyone to have a genuine strong opinion of them.
They're a meh-whatever-race like tauren.

I enjoy the fact that the forsaken conduct ridiculous science experiments and generally have no problem fucking with everything.

Sin'dorei are elves and I like elves by default. I like that they're basically heroin-I MEAN ARCANE MAGIC addicts that first and foremost care about their own race.

Most Horde races don't really fit the faction (Blood elves kinda hang around because they don't wanna be complete outcasts for example) but I'd rather see undead weirdos doing random shit than not.

Tauren are ok, they're just native americans though so I'm a bit too aware of that.

Trolls irk me because I hate islander culture, their thick jamaican accents and their plain ugly aesthetics.

Orcs are the worst of all. Remove orc.
>>
File: 1396272243112.jpg (38 KB, 523x332) Image search: [Google]
1396272243112.jpg
38 KB, 523x332
>>319637554
Only actual furries hate on forsaken, because they have no capital, like stray dogs they are.
>>
File: 5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg (32 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg
32 KB, 250x272
>>319626429
>It's speculated that a book will come out before the xpac explaining what happened on the Broken Shore

I'm just so tired
>>
>>319641858
Broken Shore is a starting experience, no?
Why would they make a book about something already covered in the game?
>>
>>319629863

>implying the modern WoW audience ever went to Blackrock mountain
>>
>>319642032
They most certainly did, because of the revamped dungeons and a new raid.
Although I doubt they've seen it from outside.
Honestly, Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge are awful zones, so it's not a big loss.
>>
>>319626429
>It's speculated that a book will come out before the xpac explaining what happened on the Broken Shore
No, it's going to be a 40-man scenario in the game
>>
>>319626429
>people still care about the lore after Wrath
top kek anyways Legion so far looks like dogshit it's looks like they took everything that was already shit in WoD and made it even more shit.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.