[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/ archive/2015/12/09/bethe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: stuff.jpg (134 KB, 1112x840) Image search: [Google]
stuff.jpg
134 KB, 1112x840
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/12/09/bethesda-opens-new-studio-in-montreal.aspx

Your thougths?
>>
HATE NEWSPAPERS
>>
They're probably gonna be working on expansions.
>>
>>319615268
>Your thougths?
If you stopped looking at me arse and kept going, we would be there by now
>>
X: Sarcastic
>>
>Montreal
Great, so not only do we get all the rpg stripped out of our wrpgs, but now we'll have to deal with having filthy subhuman french canadian vas
>>
Probably meant to make Fallout 4.5 over the next 2-3 years while the main Bethesda works on the next Elder Scrolls. Probably means no more outsourcing to Obsidian sadly.
>>
>>319615268
They're going to team up with Ubisoft and release all new games through Uplay.
>>
>>319615942
>sadly
That's a good thing so they can work on stuff that isn't a part of a dead franchise.
>>
Montreal seems pretty big on the whole game development thing

I should move there.
>>
>>319616018
It's just hard to accept that New Vegas will be the last good Fallout game we'll ever get.
>>
>>319615268

>Montreal

Fucking great, we'll get tons of useless DLC/games made by the most pretentious and unsufferable fuckers in the world.

All the snob pompousness from the french without any of the historical weight.

FUCK Montreal and Quebec in general.
>>
Y: More information
>>
>>319615268
They opened it in monty hall?
>>
>>319616176

Fucking great, another anonymous poster who writes mean comments to hide his/her insecurities.

All the cynicism of the of the /v/ community without the wit.

FUCK you in general.
>>
>>319616176
this
>>
File: ll.jpg (34 KB, 697x698) Image search: [Google]
ll.jpg
34 KB, 697x698
>>319615268
>Lachance
HAIL SITHIS
>>
Why does Her Majesty The Queen allow for Quebec to continue to exist?
>>
File: drawing-bear.jpg (222 KB, 1181x1062) Image search: [Google]
drawing-bear.jpg
222 KB, 1181x1062
>>319616176
I detect some butthurt
>>
>>319616108
Not worth it. Wages are the lowest in Canada. Your job security is shit, there are french-language-compliance inspections, etc.

At least housing is cheap.

And if you like hanging out with 20-something leftists , or burnout hipsters you're in for a good time.
>>
>>319616176
fag
>>
>>319617308
>>319617557
>>319618172

Here, this guy said it all:

>>319617784

They live think they are hot shit when they are some of the most miserable people in the world, looking down on anybody else while speaking that atrocious "french".
>>
Reminder that Deus Ex HR was made in Montreal.
Not every game is made by Jewbisoft.
I wonder what /v/ would think if CyberConnect2 was to open a studio in Montreal.
>if
>>
>>319615268
oh boy, time for yearly release franchises
>>
>>319615268
That's were they spended all the money from the development of Fallput 4
>>
>>319615268
They're going for dual development of franchises
in 3 years they will open up a third studio for a new franchise/experimental games/expansion content to the first 2 studios games

goodbye to Obsidian Fallout, folks
>>
>>319615268

Man, all of the big boys are in Montreal now. Bioware, Ubisoft and Bethesda.

Quebec must be courting games industries with tax breaks.
>>
>>319618764

Yeah, the "annual Christmas release" by running three studios on rolling three-year cycles seems all the rage.
>>
>>319618532

Deus Ex HR was not good because it was made in montreal. It was good DESPITE of it.

Listen to the audio commentaries in the director's cut edition. The only reason it was any good was because the higher-up gave so little of a shit about the title that they let the devs do their stuff while cutting several resources, so that forced the devs to get creative to make the game decent.

You want a decent example of a montreal developed game? THI4F, the poster child of the development house and it was the blandest shit in the world.

THAT'S what montreal developers consider a fully realised modern game. And that's all they shit out.
>>
>>319618376
Man, I' the same wage poster and I think you're butthurt as fuck. Get over you anglo sensitivity. I live here, I'm bilingual, and glad for it.

French settler nationalism is fucking stupid but so is anglo anal weakness about it. At least this situation has reduced my risk for alzheimer's and aided my acculturation.
>>
WHY CAN'T THE INSTITUTE JUST LEAVE US ALONE?
>>
>>319618909
Don't forget Warner Bros. and EA. All the testing outfits are here, too.
>>
maybe they'll hire some decent talent and accidentally make a good rpg.
>>
>>319615907
Montreal studios make good games, anglo sum.
>>
>>319619554

>Anglo

I'm in no way anglo, anon. Montreal is just shit to anybody that bothers to look closer, which aren't many.

It's the definition of passive shittiness. They are so conviced that their shit doesn't smell that they can't understand new stuff. They are the most enlightened people and only they can produce something culturally worthwhile.
>>
>>319619554

Not that anon, but what does it has anything to do with alzheimer's?
>>
>>319619101
yeah I get that. Most AAA studios that want a studio in Montreal are just there for the tax breaks and want to ship bland/cheap shit.
It doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't it make more sense to try developing risky new IPs where they don't pay most of the salary, while developing safe sequels in the main studio?
>>
>>319620363

Not him, but:

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/01/10/169066535/speaking-more-than-one-language-could-prevent-alzheimers
>>
>>319620406
>developing risky new IPs

why bother when you can just go full ubisoft with two established franchises you can milk for another 10 years.
>>
>>319620406

Money, anon. Why take risks when the safe route is guaranteed?

Tax breaks only mean more profit.

>>319620631

I see, but enforcing a second language day to day doesn't seem necessary and unnecessarily intrusive.

It just means more unnecessary localization, 2 languages for documents and practical stuff.

Seems too much of a bother when you could just restrict it to the school curriculum and get similar results.
>>
>>319617308
The cynicism you are talking about is not pulled out of an ass. Games are shit now and people who are behind them should be gassed
>>
>>319617308

What insecurity? I assure you Montreal is nothing worth being jealous or insecure about.

Maybe anon, Montreal and its developers are just shit and other people around the world see that.

Also, just repeating my post isn't exactly showing lots of "wit" from your part, mate.
>>
>>319615268
>sets up shop in ćucknada
>games gonna be ćucked
>>
>>319615268
5 year lead animator here. I've already applied.
Expect a huge improvement in the next Elder Scrolls game if I get hired.
>>
>tfw Canada is full of SJW
>>
Fucking find and torch it. Burn that shit down. Fucking do it.
>>
Fallout prequel where you play as the Sole Survivor fighting in Canada
It's a literal straight FPS in the vein of CoD, only in Fallout 4's engine so it plays like an extended Operation: Anchorage
There will be a DLC that's literally Operation Anchorage reskinned but without the slight amount of player choice OA had because according to fan feedback the dialogue choices in 4 were bad so they stripped them out entirely
$59.99 USD, game averages 8 hours with no multiplayer.
They didn't have room to make the entire path one 8 hour stretch so you have to walk back and forth between points that are 5-10 minutes away for the entirety of the game
>>
>>319621825
Godspeed anon.
>>
DUDE
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.