[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam Vs. Origin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (227 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
227 KB, 1920x1080
Why wont ea partner up with steam instead of having their bullshit origin ? Seriously it is shit. Cant even fucking play battlefield 3 online on windows 10. Everything else runs fine but origin ? Nope, cant run a old game for multiplayer yet alone even let me go online. Origin blows donkey dick. Steam is god tier.
>>
>Steam is god tier.
eh, not really

it's just that everything else is somehow worse
>>
>>319609547
At least steam cares about fixing issues unlike you know who.
>>
>be anon
>download NSA software

Also
>Steam is god tier.

It just werks.
>>
>>319609435

It's about getting a bigger slice of the pie.

Steam gets like 30% right off the back of game sales for distributing.
>>
>>319609435
>mfw i revert back to windows 7 because windows 10 is really wack
windows 10 is shit
>origin is shit.
>>
>>319609435
At least steam can get it right...
>>
>>319609435

Steam isn't God-tier. Steam is just around for so long that they already got the hang of it.

Early steam was REALLY wonky.

Origin was EA's way to scrounge more money while spending MORE money to do so. Now it's a niche online store that has to give freebies every 3 months or so to keep their market around after BF3 or 4's playerbase dries up.

EA's infamy also make it a weird idea. And the saddest part is that the service is actually good. Way better in terms of customer service and the store program is actually smoother than steam's. Shame it's EA doing that.
>>
I have zero problems running Origin on Windows 10, anon.

Inb4huehuehuespyware.
>>
>>319609690
>be sparg lard
>Use phone
Muh nsa meme
>>
File: 1447104203093.jpg (50 KB, 359x391) Image search: [Google]
1447104203093.jpg
50 KB, 359x391
>>319609674
>At least steam cares about fixing issues
>>
Steam is just there, it's the least shitty service I can think of.
>>
File: 1448399011093.jpg (11 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1448399011093.jpg
11 KB, 300x250
At least it's not UPlay, now that's a pile of shit right there.
>>
Valve marketers don't even try anymore, do they?
>>
>>319609435
for the same reason Blizzard won't kill Bnet in favor of Steam. Because they think having their own client is more profitable.

Fortunately for Blizzard though it's true because Blizzdrones.
>>
>>319609435
>Why wont ea partner up with steam instead of having their bullshit origin ?

because valve has an open api that lets people query player statistics and there's no way EA will let detailed stats (other than what p-stats can pull) on their shitty games go public.
>>
>>319609435

I still haven't played Mass Effect 3 just because it's on Origin and not Steam, yet Steam has 1 and 2?

Like wtf.
>>
File: frog.jpg (11 KB, 407x378) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
11 KB, 407x378
>>319609435
>why does ea have exclusives!
because fucking valve started all of this you fuck up
the less money valve gets, the better this world is
I'm glad EA left that fucking service
>>
>>319609674
You've never dealt with steam "support" before, have you?
>>
>>319612880
EA took their ball and went home starting around dragon age 2. if you have me1 and me2 on steam you can only buy the dlcs through the fuckawful bioware store.
>>
File: ck7qnGT.jpg (84 KB, 900x622) Image search: [Google]
ck7qnGT.jpg
84 KB, 900x622
I like Origin, EA and Bioware and am looking forward to Andromeda.

They give away good games -- DA: Origins, Jade Empire, etc. and their service is top tier. I've taken advantage of their free playtime to try out several games, and they offered refunds way before Steam. Unconditional refunds.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.