[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, people of the /v/. I've been on this big Fire Emblem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: fe4.png (162 KB, 200x354) Image search: [Google]
fe4.png
162 KB, 200x354
Hello, people of the /v/. I've been on this big Fire Emblem kick lately, and I've replayed everything from FE6 to FE13. However, Ive never played anything pre-FE6, and I wanted to get started on FE4 because I've heard nothing but praise about the game.

After trying to understand and figure it out for a while, I just can't seem to get how the combat works. I like the fact that the post-FE5 games give you the details without having to calculate stuff, but going back without those is completely game-changing to me.

My question is, how the hell do you calculate how much damage you deal/receive, if you/the enemy will hit twice and the accuracy of a hit?
>>
Why don't you ask wikipedia?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWOZIWlEF-g
>>
>>319602757
Because I figured out asking people who understand it might be able to answer other questions if they arise?
>>
>>319602594
You're gonna have to do some really basic math in order to play FE4 and 5. If you can't do that then you're fucked anyway since those games are more difficult than what you've played so far.

http://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/calculations/
>>
>>319602594

>if you/the enemy will hit twice

Did you not realize that double attacking is reliant on having 4 more AS than the enemy (5 in later games)? I think you're fucked.
>>
>>319602973
Oh I don't mind doing the calculations, and I'm not afraid of basic maths. I just have very little idea what to calculate together.

Should have mentioned, I'm pretty new to the series. I mean I played FE7 a few years ago but, never anything past that until a few months ago.
>>
>>319603214
I thought you said you played 6 through 13?

Use that link I gave you. It has all the important calculations. Some will be different but the fundamentals are the same as what you've played before.
>>
>>319602594
Early games are fucking eye sores on top of being boring.
>>
>>319603839
I played 6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13 since early june. I played through 7 a few times in the last few years but prior to that it was pretty much it.

Thank you for the link, that'll definitely come in handy.
>>
>>319604127
LOL epic trolling! XD
>>
>>319604127
4 and 5 look better than every other game except Fates, Awakening, PoR and RD.
>>
>>319604127
Way better than FE13 and FE14's waifu pandering shit
>>
>>319602594
You can't double attack unless you have the skill pursuit in FE4.
>>
>>319605252
An interesting mechanic. I'd prefer having double attacks work the same way but without needing Pursuit, but that'll make for a different challenge.
>>
>>319604624
>implying the gameplay in 14 isn't miles better than the older games.

I bet you think things like no weapon triangle and absolute bullshit recruitment requirements are good.
>>
>>319606148
FE4 and onward had weapon triangle though
>>
>>319607296
yes and the first 3 don't
>>
>>319607997
literally no one thinks FE1-3 particularly great except Japanese nostalgiafags in the case of 3.
People who think the older games are better usually mean 4-10
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 612x612
>>319602594
I'm sorry, there are THIRTEEN of these games???
>>
>>319609206
And the 14th is getting released in North America in a few months.
>>
>>319609294
What the flying fuck.
>>
>>319609206
14 actually. 12 original, 2 remakes.
>>
>>319609396
>>319609206
Actually if you really wanted to be real technical and are IS, there are 15.
>>
>>319609396
Okay if you could only play ONE. which one?
>>
>>319609750
Sacred Stones because it has an entirely self contained plot.
Path of Radiance if you intended to possibly play another one afterwards though
>>
>>319609895
I'd go with PoR anyway cause I think it's a significantly better game than SS. It really doesn't feel that incomplete either.
>>
>>319610204
Personally I prefer Sacred Stones because there's some sort of aftergame where I can max out every single unit, and it's pretty satisfying to look at an entire roster of maxed out characters. The double story element is pretty cool too.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.