[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fake difficulty: the miniboss Fuck from software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 306x165
Fake difficulty: the miniboss

Fuck from software
>>
pretty much
im normally really quick to disregard claims of artificial difficulty, but it's pretty spot on here.
>>
>>319582492
>fake difficulty
That literally has no meaning.
Quantify your crybaby claim or fuck off.
>>
>>319582492
What is that?
>>
You can almost have him kill himself and then just make sure you use numbing mist when he is around half health
>>
>>319582492

Throw a couple poison daggers you fucking scrubs.
>>
File: Mysterio_(Spider-Man_2)[1].jpg (120 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Mysterio_(Spider-Man_2)[1].jpg
120 KB, 720x480
>>319582492
>Fake difficulty: the miniboss
>not this guy
What.
>>
>>319582830
>infinite numbing mist and old hunter bone
>infinite ammo pistol that takes off half your health and he basically automatically uses to set up a visceral if you attack him at all

The only reason people weren't screaming their heads off is because he's easy to cheese since his chikage drains most of his health for you. Attacking him head on is suicide
>>
>>319583675
or maybe
just maybe
you come back and fight him at the end of the game when it's fucking easy.
>>
>>319582878
Some NPC enemy that will spawn if you advance the questline with Eileen.
>>
>>319583768
If the only viable strategy is to cheese or come back ridiculously over leveled you have failed at designing your boss

From is not infallible you drone
>>
>>319582492
I cheesed him by luring him to the narrow doorway entrance and spear stabbing the shit out of him. Was still on edge though since he can kill you in like 2 hits.
>>
>>319583965
This is not a boss, it's an entirely optional sub-boss.
And I don't think "ridiculously overleveled" qualifies when it's an entirely doable fair fight when you're at the end of the game.
I definitely think BB has its issues but this one is just a case of you being a hardheaded scrub-tier faggot.
>>
>>319583965
good thing its not a boss
good thing hes optional
>>
>>319582492
>Press attack under any circumstance
>Somehow instantly responds with pistol fire mid-dash and parries you
>>
Only way I've been able to fight him is to parry him.

Pull him back to the stairs, dodge him until he transforms his Chikage, then focus on parrying and visceral attacking. It helps if you have an Oedon Writhe rune so you can get bullets back on a visceral attack and not have to worry about making blood bullets.

He'll heal a couple of times--you can parry that if you're better than I am--but you'll get him eventually.

Hardest and shittiest hunter fight in the game, though.

If I'm not mistaken, the hunters added in the DLC don't heal with blood vials. I wish they'd removed that from the hunters in the main game, too.
>>
>>319584468
>he's optional!

Is not an excuse for poor enemy design

He's the only enemy in like the entire souls series where there is no viable strategy to actually fight him, everyone says to just cheese
>>
>>319582492
If that's hard try the mcgatling gun faggot in the cave.
>>
I just killed him this afternoon with my holy moonlight sword +9, SL80 something

Took me 4 or 5 tries. Yeah he is kinda bullshit because he can easily 2-3 shot you, but still very much doable.
>>
>>319584828
>but still very much doable *without cheese

forgot to add
>>
>>319583675
or maybe all you pussies learn how to parry and this "overpowered" enemy suddenly cant do any damage
>>
It probably took me around two hours, including leaving to farm vials to legit beat him without being overlevelled, but yeah it was frustrating bullshit. Used reiterpallasche + evellyn. At least three times I got him down to literally one hit left before he slapped my shit back down. It's times like that when you can feel the raw disappointment in the back of your chest as you respawn.
>>
>>319584803
Beat him first time even though he surprised the shit out of me.
>>
>>319584803
How is he hard? Just fucking walk up and mash r1, faggot.
>>
>>319584683
He can only heal once, and most hunters in the DLC will get one blood vial too. Thankfully From didn't pull the same shit they did in Demon's Souls and let them do it infinitely.
>>
>>319582492
just git gud
I killed him on 3rd round.
>>
Easily the hardest fightin Bloodborne. I haven't played the DLC, but he was the hardest fight by far in vanilla.

People said they cheesed it by just walking away from him after he started to bleed himself, but I could never get that strat to work. He always just turned it off after a certain amount of damage.

It was a pretty fun fight even though I was frustrated after my like tenth attempt. I don't really remember having a specific strategy either, I was using the first weapon with the blade extended and was just using quick hits.
>>
I cheesed the Abhorrent Beast poison knives both times. I don't give a fuck that thing can rot in hell.
>>
>>319584731

You are so bad. Just learn his patterns:

>When he dashes, he will shoot right after. Dodge accordingly.
>When he activates trick mode, he's going nippon steeru on your ass. Take advantage of this and parry him or overwhelm him with a faster weapon.
>When he's at low health, he will attempt to heal as soon as he gets the chance to. At this point, hug his ass or predict his heal and parry it.

Yes, he's a difficult fight due to his anime dodges and powerful gun, but there is nothing "badly designed" about crowsteel.
>>
This is a test.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.