[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
vidya wishlisting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 182424_493723860909_6366410_n.jpg (41 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
182424_493723860909_6366410_n.jpg
41 KB, 480x720
>Looking for games to add to my wishlist just in case some of my friends decides to buy me something, despite asking them please not to.
>Start Steam queue.
>It's all pixel graphics games without redeeming qualities, risqué visual novels with no added value, early access games that who knows if will ever be finished.

How the fuck do I build a wishlist, /v/?
>>
Don't fall for the indie jew or the early access jew and you'll be fine senpai
>>
File: 180407_493724570909_2589238_n.jpg (46 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
180407_493724570909_2589238_n.jpg
46 KB, 480x720
>>319580427
Actually I got it. My question was how to filter the garbage. The steam search engine doesn't have tag blacklisting, as far as I know.
>>
>>319580197
I've got 245 games on my wishlist, all of them are at least 7/10, what kind of genres do you like family?
>>
Is this just a thinly veiled gift thread.
>>
>>319581229

Tis the season
>>
>>319580985
Well, I tend to favour strategy, 4x, turn based games. But that's the thing; I want to diversify, so I set out to check games.

Perhaps I'm doing it all wrong. I should probably check by tags and check what pops in instead of getting random recommendations from steam.

Tag black listing would be a godsend. Marking all '<whatever tag>' games as 'Not interested' would make the 'queue' feature actually useful.

Is it worth sending the suggestion to valve.

>>319581229
>>319581391

No. It's a 'how to filter the clutter while looking for games without spending a whole week clicking "Not interested" thread'.

As I said in the OP, the idea is to find games I want just in case some of my irl friends decides to buy me something, DESPITE me begging them not to do so.
>>
I wish there was a way to filter indie shit, I don't want to play bullshit someone made in 30 days.

Steam has a lot of dumb fucking issues.
>>
>>319581573
Don't use Steam's suggestion feature, it's horrible, just browse by tag and filter by User Reviews, you'll have some AAA garbage to sift through, but you'll be left with playable and polished games near the top, with all the broken garbage in negative reviews, just scroll down to maybe like 70% and after that point it's actually garbage. I haven't seen a game under 70% actually be good.
>>
>>319581810
If someone makes a thread/petition to Valve, would you sign it/add your voice to it?

It shouldn't be that complicated to implement.
>>
>>319581936
This is sound advice. I was doing it wrong. This works well if you know what you're looking, but if you just want random, but curated, recommendations... It's a shame it could be so much better.

Thanks for chipping in.
>>
>>319581573
I've found tons of interesting-looking things through the queue but I'm not allergic to indies. Once you take out all the indie stuff there's very little left, actually, just high profile releases that you should be able to recall by yourself without any help.

But yes, I'd browse by tags if I were you. Or just ask for recommendations here or whatever.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.