[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stats in video games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: stats1.jpg (100 KB, 554x685) Image search: [Google]
stats1.jpg
100 KB, 554x685
Stats in RPG, do you think they're necessary?
Which RPG handles stats poorly, which ones make them interesting?

Food for thought : arcanum's manual
>>
File: stats2.jpg (151 KB, 572x818) Image search: [Google]
stats2.jpg
151 KB, 572x818
>>319573254
>>
File: stats3.jpg (107 KB, 543x674) Image search: [Google]
stats3.jpg
107 KB, 543x674
>>319573303
last bit about stats
>>
>>319573254
They aren't essential, but they make it a lot easier to roleplay as whatever character. For example in fallout you can pick your special stats based on the character type you are planning to play as.
>>
>>319573254
>>319573303
>>319573410
>This overly elaborate stat system

I prefer how it's handled in fallout 4 t b h
>>
>>319573254
The beauty stat has piqued my interest, is useless or worth putting points in?
>>
>>319574672
lazy bait
>>
File: arcanum.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
arcanum.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>319574840
Yeah. It sets your initial disposition to NPCs and often will prevent you from getting attacked (by making dispotion < 20) guess bandits think you're too cute to be mugged. Also it makes everything dialogue based easier, since your disposition towards an NPC makes or breaks a lot of dialogue options.

Also some followers refuse to join you if you're ugly as sin.

A cool background is "frankeinstein's bride", basically you're a reanimated corpse by a mad scientist, whose incredible skill gives you greater constitution, beauty and intelligence but forces you to use idiot speech.

Arcanum is a fucking amazing game.
>>
>>319573254
A small pet peeve I have with all those RPG systems is how character building usually works for each archetype. I mean, I understand they don't want you to be superman or anything, but it is kinda arbitrary sometimes that my warrior has to be a dumbass with no charisma even though there is no reason you have to be dumb and ugly to be strong, or that my wizard has to be a frail guy with no dexterity to be efficient. I could see an Olympic athlete having high strength and dexterity for example but you usually can't make a character like that because you have to choose between either strength for warriors or dexterity for thieves. Dunno, it all just feels kinda arbitrary to me.
>>
Fuck I didn't know arcanum was an action rpg. Disappointing it looked great.
>>
>>319576807
>action rpg
What do you mean? It has standard turn based combat.
>>
Again, full voiced campaign limits the archetypes you can play as. Even worse when trying to accommodate different fully voiced player characters, Steve Blum can only do so many voices.
>>
>>319576934
>TBS
guess i know what i'm doing for christmas
>>
>>319578641
Get the unofficial arcanum patch + high res patch

First playthrough as mage is the most fun imo

>Toggle combat on and ctrl click something to force attack on it
>works on door+containers
>Harm is the best spell in the game and can be learnt at lvl 1
>divine alignment is useful
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.