[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm not allowed to sell my Steam account because of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1449605030415.png (183 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449605030415.png
183 KB, 480x360
>I'm not allowed to sell my Steam account because of Valve's EULA

I now understand why digital distribution DRM is bad, but I figured it out too late.
>>
This is the future you, and everyone else chose. You don't own your games. You're simply renting them, and Valve can take them away at any moment.
>>
Absolutely nothing is stopping you from selling accounts, except lazyness and imcompetence.

But who in their right mind would buy digital games second hand, when you can just buy them on sale for peanuts?
>>
>>319570959
I realize exactly this, and that is why it hurts. I paid full price for these games, but they are not mine.
>>
>>319570842
1. Why are you so poor that you need to sell your account?
2. Who would even buy a steam account, when they can just buy the games?
>>
LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND
>>
File: 6887121.jpg (13 KB, 250x235) Image search: [Google]
6887121.jpg
13 KB, 250x235
>>319571308
>I paid full price for these games
>paying full price for steam games
You deserve it, fag.
>>
JACK IS BACK
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 455x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 455x650
>>319570959
>You don't own your games, you're just renting them.

That's... That's how it's been since console and PC gaming started, anon. That's why the credits to most games include a note that says everything in the game (including the game's code) is owned by the copyright holder.

Although replace "renting" with "selling you a license that allows you to play the game" for technical purposes.
>>
>>319571903
But I always had the ability to sell my discs and relinquish ownership of my copy. Things have changed and you know it.
>>
>>319571875
>hurrr i'm retarded cause i actually paid money instead of pirating malware
>>
>>319571903
At least I can sell/trade/lend my discs. Digital games are a ticking time bomb. EVENTUALLY the servers will go down and you won't be able to redownload them.
>>
>>319572921
You're retarded because you paid full price for them. Piracy has never been mentioned by the other guy.
>>
>>319573132
Yeah, and EVENTUALLY disc rot will make the discs useless.
>>
File: whengabedies.png (195 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
whengabedies.png
195 KB, 600x700
>The day Valve declares bankruptcy and is bought up by some douche like Donald Trump or EA.
>>
>>319570842
Why don't you just sell it anyway? I did with mine, it's not like anyone will know about it.
>>
>>319573998
>Trump
>Douche
Reddit please go.
>>
File: 1449606276261.jpg (119 KB, 551x609) Image search: [Google]
1449606276261.jpg
119 KB, 551x609
>>319574309
Where did you go to do it?
>>
>>319570842
At least unlike with PSN you can actually lend your games to friends.

And you can technically sell both psn and steam accounts.
>>
Just sell the account anyways, nothing is stopping you.

Plus if it gets banned, that's the buyers problem, not yours. Verify all the details over skype or some shit (just to avoid having the transaction record on steam's servers)
>>
>>319574425
>>>/pol/
>>
>>319570842
>Sold my steam account with almost 250 games, the great majority shitty indie games from bundles
>bought Splatoon and Dong Freeze with the money
Had way more fun with these titles than with any digital shit that I bought for PC
Except Crimzon Clover and MGSR, these are fun
>>
>>319574868
I want to sell my account too with 200 games on it. Any tips where to start?
>>
>>319572921

>user points out he didnt pay full price
>immediately assumes piracy
Well done you fucking inbred. Bravo.
>>
>>319574771
>/pol/ boogeyman
Yep, definitely reddit.
>>
>>319574456
Reddit and various forums, eventually someone sent me an e-mail and we made business.

When you announce it somewhere, list your games and dlc nicely.

Don't link or give any info of you or your account and give an alt e-mail address for interested people to enter in contact.
>>
You're "not allowed" to, but it doesn't stop people. I'll be selling my War Thunder account soon because I'm sick of Gaijin and their retarded shit. I can't believe I gave these fucks money, and in fact I probably would never have set up a Steam account either if I knew back then what I do now.
>>
>>319571482
Why does anyone buy anything second hand? The person selling gets some money back from their purchases of games they might not want to play any more, and the buyer might potentially get a better price than if they bought the games themselves.
>>
>>319573132
>not downloading all the files, backing them up then running them with cracked .exe
>>
>>319575110
>reddit boogeyman

Yep, definitely /pol/.
>>
>>319570842
1. Offer Account for money on auction sites
2. Change your account email and password
3. Sell account by giving away information via email
4. ???
5. Profit!
>>
>>319572180
>>319573132

That's because it's impossible to regulate the physical copies of a game, publishers tried to regulate it by going after the likes of Blockbuster back in the day and they failed miserably.

Now that everything's going digital and entering their territory, it becoming easier than ever for the publishers to do what they want.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.