[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That settles it. I'm going to work on a Final Fantasy VI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: original.jpg (202 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
202 KB, 1080x720
That settles it. I'm going to work on a Final Fantasy VI remake because Sqaure can't be arsed to make this game like FFIII and IV.

Wish me luck.
>>
Make it an FPS. And sell it as a trilogy.
>>
>>319556696
>Square
>giving a shit
>>
Why is every sprite so giga huge in this release even though its supposed to support high resolutions?
>>
None of the art assets look like they belong in the same game.
>>
>>319556696
That looks horrible desu
>>
>>319556815
No.
>>
>>319557029
Laziness, and poor art direction not keeping the different art teams at the same quality level.
>>
File: tumblr_n0mp8rs21R1to32sto3_1280.png (500 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0mp8rs21R1to32sto3_1280.png
500 KB, 1280x720
>>319556696
I would've written off this 'remaster' if not for the fact it has every enhancement you could ask for except the damn forced hideous re-render for the sprites.

comparison of every FFVI version stolen from a post on neogaf

SFC/SNES
+Beautiful Spritework
+Original soundtrack made for the SNES sound chip
-Some battle bugs (Evade stat does nothing; Vanish plus X-Zone/Doom kills all bosses)
-No extra content found in GBA/moblie/PC version

PS1
+Beautiful Spritework
+Faithful version of SNES soundtrack
+Bestiary
+Art Gallery/CG movies
-Persistent loading in menus and in battles. This is a huge minus

GBA
+Beautiful Spritework, although it has a brighter palate, common with SNES port to GBA(fixable with ROM patch)
+New translation that fixes the spell names to a more general consistency established in FFVIII
+New Espers, Ultimate Weapons, and 2 new bonus dungeons
+Music Player
+Bestiary
-Poor quality soundtrack by default. You can patch the ROM for the SNES analog.
-Due to the smaller res for GBA lots of background art in battles especially goes unseen

Mobile
+Has the new translation, GBA content, music player, and bestiary.
+Auto battle
+SNES quality soundtrack
+Achievements
+Fixed Cyan's Bushido/Swdtech to charge passively
+Optional hint system to show next steps in the story
+Journal system that operates as a quest log, documenting completed scenarios
+Towns and locations are marked to coincide with storyline to prevent any wandering
-Ugly reskin.
>>
>>319556696
They're already writing you a C&D letter as we speak.
>>
File: Fay.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fay.webm
2 MB, 640x480
Add cutey models like IV or turbocute models like III or I'll cancel my preorder.
>>
>>319557751
I've already decided on FFIV, so you're safe.
>>
>>319557681
>New translation that fixes the spell names to a more general consistency established in FFVIII
Actually, FFVIII is just the first game to correctly localize the spell names. They've always been as seen in FFVIII in all of the previous games in Japan.
>>
Why not remake IX?
>>
>>319558332
Fuck that, give III a proper remake.

The existing III remake is balls.
>>
>>319558484
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>319558551
Nothing. Mechanically identical to the original. It's just a shit game. It's not the remake's fault.
>>
>>319557681
The best version is the mobile version, except for the Ugly sprites.
>>
>>319559178
Fucking shame.

I really hope someone can go in and mod the original art back in but I'm not too hopeful, haven't seem all that much mod support for the PC releases of 3, 4 and 5.

Speaking of 4 though, they really should add the PSP 2D re,asters of I, 2 and 4. Definitive versions of those games iirc.
>>
>>319557681
Mobile:
>Same as GBA
>AYY LMAO
>A bare minimum requirement on a fucking modern machine
>AYY LEKEK
>Good
>AYY LE MONKEY FACE
>OAML YYA
>OAMLLMAO AYYYYA
>>
>>319559486
The PSP version of 4 would be nicer if it had the changes from the 3D version. I haven't played it but from what I've heard it's actually fairly difficult. The PSP version is too easy.
>>
>>319559734
what are you even trying to say in this mess of a post?
>>
>>319560641
I think he suffered a stroke while typing his post.
>>
>>319558868

The DS remake of 3 trashes the original Famicom version, and not in a good way.

They are not "mechanically identical" at all.

About the only things they left intact are the side characters and the world map.

Job Classes were changed, or should I say "rebalanced" for this release.

The system of changing classes is much more convoluted introducing "Job Sickness" which weakens your stats when you change jobs for a few battles. Which is a major pain in the ass.

Artificial difficulty is introduced by giving all bosses Quick status which lets them attack twice in one turn.

In order to unlock the Onion Knight job class in the DS version, you have to utilize the incredibly convoluted Mognet message system to send messages to your friends. Who the fuck designed this shit? Why is the fucking SPACE BAR on a completely separate screen from the letters?

I honestly hope a future version fixed most of this shit. But I had been burned so hard by 3 for DS that I haven't tried them.
>>
>>319561158
There's definitely a different way to obtain the Onion Knight job on the PSP/Steam ports. I don't know how it would work otherwise.
>>
>>319561158
>Onion Knight
>Play a shittier Freelancer until Level 95 to wreck shit up
>>
you will have to release it on mediafire sites in passworded rars to avoid the wrath of greedy square-enix shareholders
>>
>>319561158
This is a great summary as to why III Remake blows so hard. I was having a great time with the first 5 hours of fan-translated FF3.
On the FF3 DS I was barely managing to stay awake.
>>
>Squeenix shittily ports another mobile game instead of doing a proper port

Are you even surprised?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.