[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get a PS4, /v/? Are the exclusives worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: ps4.png (46 KB, 450x286) Image search: [Google]
ps4.png
46 KB, 450x286
Should I get a PS4, /v/?

Are the exclusives worth it?
>>
Yes.
>>
Lol no.
>>
I'd say yes

Planning on getting one soon
>>
Yes, if you like Bloodborne, or interested in FF15 and Nier 2.
>>
>>319551347

Why?
>>
>>319551032
>PS4
>exclusives

pick one
>>
tfw have to get it for one game only.
why does gaming suck today?
>>
Well there aren't really many redeemable exclusives except for Bloodborne.

However, because of it's superior hardware and massive player base (compared to the xbone) it's the only choice you have if you just want a console.

I went ahead and bought one on impulse and I'm not disappointed...a part of me still thinks I should have waited for some more money and built a PC however.
>>
>>319551432

Well FF15 is also on Xbone which I have, but I also want Bloodborne and I've never heard of Nier 2 but I'll look into it.
>>
>>319551447
Because exclusives like The Order 1886 and Knack and Driveclub are atrocious

and the TV services like Vue

And the paid BC

and the dewritos

and the cod maps

and the shitty thumbsticks

and the online services

etc.
>>
>>319551575

I have a decent laptop and an XB1/WiiU but the exclusives:

> Persona 5

> Bloodborne

> Ratchet and Clank

> Uncharted (inb4 filthy western games)

> GoW 3

> The Last of Us

Plus a bunch of other ones I suppose.
>>
File: 001_1.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
001_1.gif
2 MB, 640x360
Yeah, it's only $299 for Uncharted Collection bundle and SWBF bundle until the 19th.

Here's some exclusives to help you out:

Current PS4 exclusives:
>Bloodborne
>Infamous SS
>Until Dawn
>Killzone SF
>Tearaway Unfolded
>Disgaea 5
>Driveclub + Bikes (great game after patches, best looking racing game this generation)
>LBP3
>GG Xrd
>Resogun
>N++

Upcoming PS4 exclusives (announced titles only):
>Detroit: Become Human
>Dreams (Tearaway/LBP devs)
>New God of War (mainline title)
>GT Sport
>Gravity Rush 2
>Horizon: Zero Dawn
>Bloodborne sequel
>The Last Guardian
>Ratchet and Clank Redux
>Uncharted 4
>Alienation (housemarque)
>Mattterfall (housemarque)
>Rime
>WiLD (from the creator of Rayman)
>13 Sentinels Aegis Rim (Vanillaware)
>Persona 5
>TLoU2
>GG Xrd Revelator
>Summer Lesson (VR)
>RIGS (VR, MediEvil and Killzone Mercenary devs)
>Unannounced open-world horror game from Sony Bend
>Bloodborne DLC expansion
>Deep Down
>Ys 8
>Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
>Megadimension Neptunia VII
>NIOH (Team Ninja)
>Toukiden 2
>The Tomorrow Children (Pixeljunk devs and SCE Japan)
>Danganronpa 3
>Dragon Quest Builders
>Yakuza 0
>Yakuza 6
>New Valkyria Chronicles
>King of Fighters XIV
>Steins;Gate 0
>Dragon Quest XI
>FFVII Remake
>Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
>NieR Automata
>Star Ocean 5
>Earth Defense Force 4.1

Also with PC (PS4/PC only)
>Shenmue 3
>Hellblade
>Abzu
>Street Fighter V
>Firewatch
>No Man's Sky
>The Witness

PC exclusives coming to/already on PS4
>Divinity Original Sin
>Overwatch
>Mount and Blade
>Magicka 2
>Cities Skylines
>Wasteland 2
>Crypt the Necrodancer
>DayZ
>Vanishing of Ethan Carter
>KillingFloor 2
>Talos Principle
>Kerbal Space Program
>H1Z1
>>
If u r interest in bloodborne, until dawn, tearaway unfolded, uncharted 4, detroit become human, bound and multiplatforms YES
>>
>>319551751
Those are all shit besides Bloodborne, maybe Persona if you're a weeb
>>
>Willingly buying the new CoD and TV machine

Are you sure? You better really like David Cage.
>>
>>319551751
If you get a PS4, make sure to check out Until Dawn. It's a fucking fantastic game that doesn't get enough credit. It's only about 10 hours but it has good replay value and is a totally unique experience from anything I've ever played. Also a ton of fun with friends.

Simply incredible game, make sure to not know much going into it as spoilers can easily ruin the game.
>>
File: 1439440874891.jpg (256 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1439440874891.jpg
256 KB, 680x680
Okay, I got a PS4, I have to ask are there any games that are a must import?

So far I have Last of Us Remastered (never played it on PS3, and it came bundled)
Bloodborne
Disgaea 5

I have Until Dawn, Killzone, and Infamous Second Son on my christmas lists
>>
>>319552080

Totally forgot to put that, but totally Until Dawn as well. I love horror movies and the idea of that game seems really fun!
>>
File: image.png (6 KB, 580x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 KB, 580x200
For uncharted 4 and the nexts games of naughty dog
>>
File: 1440038197660.jpg (88 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1440038197660.jpg
88 KB, 400x300
>>319552080
Looking forward to it, but the problem is that it's like 80 dollars CAD. It is Christmas list material until it comes down in price.
>>
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>319551032
Bloodborne 2
>>
>>319551751
Persona 5 is exclusive??

Well hey I feel a bit better now.
>>
>>319552570

Also on Ps3
>>
>>319551690
You really believe everything you read on this website don't you
>>
File: 117848b.jpg (5 KB, 190x112) Image search: [Google]
117848b.jpg
5 KB, 190x112
I was about to post this same post

"Any point in getting a PS4 at the moment?

I was thinking about getting pic related for my brother (and myself) for Christmas"

Thank goodness for the catalog.

>>319551751
>>319551869
I realized the only reason I'd get it, would be for Uncharted and Last of Us, maybe God of War, Infamous and Until Dawn.

Pretty much, ended my interest.

Might get a PS3 first and play all the exclusives I missed on there.

Now I have to decide on what to get my little brother for his WiiU- Xenoblade, new Smash, or Lego Dimensions because he was talking about it the other day.

Any opinions on those? He likes minecraft, nosgoth, watching annoying faggots play video games on youtube, smite.
>>
>>319553578
disprove the existence of all of them
>>
>>319555006
Never mind on Dimensions, it costs like $80-100
>>
>>319552152
Enjoy Killzone, the game is seriously underrated. I never see it talked about and for a launch title it was fucking beautiful, It's a good FPS and the story is pretty good even if you havent played the others.

Second son was good too, it actually got attention but it was mostly shit-posting, the game looks pretty good but of course the moment you praise a game on this site it gets immediate criticism from everyone who hasn't played it.

Have no idea on Until Dawn myself but I've heard good things, and the only shit it got on /v/ was the 'nice movie' meme so really no-one had actually played it to have any real complaints.

I didn't play the LOU remastered but the original was pretty good, I didn't agree with the whole 'game of the generation' crap though, it was probably only an 8/10 for me.

Bloodborne is probably the best game on PS4 so far for me, and while I'm waiting till Christmas myself a few friends have assured me the DLC is even better.

If by import you mean literally import from Japan or something I can't really help you there, but if you just mean "what games should I get?" I have a few suggestions:

If you like the Fallout games I'd get Fallout 4, its not amazing but its not as bad as the shitposters claim, and is a easy way to waste over 200hrs.

If you're into horror then I'd go for 'Alien: Isolation' or 'Outlast'. Alien is easily a 20-25hr campaign with some other challenge modes and also has pretty decent and reasonably priced DLC too, and Outlast is about a 5-6Hr campaign with a great DLC pack too.

Check out the PS store too and see if there's anything you'd like, you don't have to make every purchase based on what someone else says :L and there's a lot of pretty good and completely ignored games on there.

Anyway have fun with your PS4 and don't let the shitposters bring you down, there's plenty of games to play and a lot of them are actually very good.
>>
File: gran-turismo-7-gt7-ps4.jpg (69 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
gran-turismo-7-gt7-ps4.jpg
69 KB, 800x800
GT7
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.