[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's a good thing Bethesda wasn't under the same stipulations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: nuka challenge.png (209 KB, 997x676) Image search: [Google]
nuka challenge.png
209 KB, 997x676
It's a good thing Bethesda wasn't under the same stipulations that Obsidian were for their bonus. They'll get to keep all the money for a rehashed reskin of their game with the only new things being ideas they took from modders. When obsidian was crippled by having to use their engine in the first place.

I like fallout 4, it's an improvement. Ultimately though it was an incremental improvement, that still lacks a lot of freedom and innovation.

It's just shitty how they screwed over Obsidian.
>>
Yeah that shit was sickening
>>
I'll never not be frustrated looking at that 84 for NV knowing that the folks who worked on that game deserved every penny of that million.
>>
Obsidian agreed to the terms. Blame their stupidity for not getting their bonus you retards.
>>
>>319544768
Have you never been cheated out of anything in your whole life?
Do you think that because they signed documents and legal papers that there isn't some way to still fuck them over? Because you'd be wrong.
>>
>>319542053
>When obsidian was crippled by having to use their engine in the first place.

Yeah, I'm sure if they had made the game from scratch it would have turned out so much better. Like the other masterpieces they have like Alpha protocol and PoE.
>>
>>319542559
>>319544594
>>319544990
They should have made a better game, I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>319545174
This. People keep making excuses for Obsidian.

>Oh they had to use the Aurora engine
>Oh Lucasarts didn't give them enough time
>Oh Bethesda forced them to use a shitty engine

And they keep forgetting that Obsidian has already struck out on their own with none of those restraints and failed.
>>
>>319545470
No Anon, they should have paid for higher scoring reviews.
>>
Fallout 4 is not an improvement.

It's actually worse than Fallout 3, because now there's no roleplaying options in dialog at all and charater builds don't matter.
>>
>>319545708
They rushed it because ES:O bombed. ES:O had lots of potential though. It's actually their pinnacle realization of the Elder Scrolls series. ES:Daggerfall had one massive simulated game world. Yeah I know, the towns and people generated were just copy pasted by the engine, but it's peak at what Bethesda had in mind with this game series.
>>
>>319546674
They tried to make Elder Scrolls flavored Guild Wars and ended up with something that was worse than either of those things. They should have just struck out in a new direction, they had the money and the fanbase to create their own unique mmo if they wanted, but instead they just tried to cash in and bought nothing to the table while raping Elder Scrolls lore at the same time.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.