[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone I know who has played Rocket Legue tells me its great,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: rypq5r0ugulmrz794gft.jpg (257 KB, 1306x735) Image search: [Google]
rypq5r0ugulmrz794gft.jpg
257 KB, 1306x735
Everyone I know who has played Rocket Legue tells me its great, but I can't see more than an over-rated gimmick. Is it actually good /v/?

Its football... but with cars! XDDD
>>
It's fun
>>
>>319539148
>football

It's clearly soccer.
>>
It's super fun.
>>
it's okay for its price
>>319539295
fuck off americ͏͏u͏͏c͏͏k
>>
>>319539148
It's good fun, but quite hard.
There is a slight element of everyone wanting to be the guy scoring, so sometimes there is little teamwork. It's good to have friends to play with in a party.
Also getting matched against 3 high level players in a party together, whilst you're stuck with randoms, can be incredibly frustrating. As is messing up a shot.

It's a great football game for people who don't actually like football.
>>
>>319539148
it's fun at first
then you'll get irritated by all the randomness of everything. literally 90% of all goals are luck

if you're autistic enough to stick through it and break through to the higher brackets..you'll find yourself raging even harder at every lost game

so yeah it's fun for $20 and about 50hrs of play time
>>
It's easy to get into, but hard to master. It's also very easy to play for a little bit. It's also very good for playing with friends. Some of the more difficult techniques also look pretty fucking cool, and feel good when you finally pull them off. Although there isn't a lot of content, it's also not expensive, and they're releasing free DLC still.

I'd say it's a pretty good game.
>>
It was a fun flavor of the week, but it's not that good.
>>
its really fuuun but I only play with friends.
>>
>>319539579
>literally 90% of all goals are luck
it's more like 90% of all goals are because no-one wants to be the guy defending on goal. everyone wants to be up front scoring the wicked sick game winning goal.
>>
>>319539893
with proper rotation and defending you'll eliminate most easy shots, so the only ones that'll go in will be the occasional skill shot and more likely a random ricochet from the lolwut physics or other random bullshit
>>
Absolutely fun.

Love the game for its simple concept and amazing execution. Honestly the learning curve is a bit steep once you start playing ranked but when you do start getting the physics and movements down you are pretty much running the show. Its a great feeling when you do. Mutators that change the physics of the ball, boost, gravity, etc give the game a change of pace from serious gameplay and Hockey Mode is coming out next week which changes the ball to the puck, zero friction to the puck and heavy weight gives the puck more of a slide than a fling in the air.

Grab it during the winter sale for cheap, but you won't be disappointed and it'll at least be worth for what little you pay.

Learn offense AND defense. Playing goalie is just as important as scoring shots.
>>
>>319539148
Just start an actual fucking thread if you want to talk about the game instead of this bait shit.
>>
that spoiler just tells me you don't want to give it a chance anyway, so why make this thread?
>>
>>319540113
>name fag
>has everything in a spoiler to get peoples attention
Heres your (you)
I hope you OD on tylenol
>>
>>319540235
Thanks anon! Love the replies here, I feel so loved!
>>
Rocket leauge is a very solid game. Its suprisingly deep gameplay wise, and has a steep execution curve.

Best fictional sport since blitz ball
>>
it's complete shit. pure chaos, no strategy and you're lucky if you even touch the ball during a match, let alone score or block a shot. i got it for 'free' with my steam controller.

the only good thing about it is the soundtrack, which doesn't play during the game
>>
>>319539148
>Is it actually good
Can you turn off your brain and 'kick' a ball around?
Arguing its good just proves you have autism, people enjoy the mindless entertainment which its good at. Combine that with a rather steep learning curve if you wanted to some how become a pro at it, with cross play it really helps the game as well giving you decent queue times.

Car customization is pretty good as well, haven't played since they added mutators(?) but now I'm pretty excited to play it tomorrow.
>>
>>319540501
Sounds like you're shit mate.
>>
>>319540538
no, it's the game that is shit.
>>
>>319539148
The concept is pretty silly but for what it is, it's really fun.

It's easy to pick up and play; but the game is really hard to get accustomed to. I actually recently started playing and the game is way fucking harder than I thought it would be. I can hit the ball maybe half of the time I try to and usually ends up going in a direction I don't want it to go.

I wish the tutorials were a bit more indepth asides from it being just, "Here's the goal, your objective is to hit the ball into it from wherever we end up throwing you the ball" if it had some examples of how to clear it, It'd be a lot better.
>>
>>319540615
Then why are there loads of people that don't have those problems? Only explanation would be that the problem lies somewhere around you, and not the game.
>>
>>319540615

>i-i cant touch the ball
>s-shit game i tell you
>>
>>319540682
some other guy already said that 90% of the goals are pure luck and i agree with that. the game is shit.
targeted at underage
>>
>>319540735

But thats not true git gud and try playing a match with good players there is little luck involved on that level.
>>
>>319540735
That guy was talking out of his ass as well though. You can actually steer the ball into the goal, and past the keepers if there are any. There's also strategy.
>>
I haven't played it but it looks like one of those things that would be a gimmick but it's actually fun anyway.

Like, there actually could be fun gameplay out of driving a car and hitting a ball.
>>
It's complete garbage.
>le football but with cars XDD
>le cars can wear le hats :DD
>>
>>319539148
It has accessibility and also a high skill ceiling. Anyone can give it a go and have fun, while it can get pretty competitive if you take it seriously.

But you're just a shitposter who can't accept others having fun.
>>
No one ever gave a fuck to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars on the PS3, but then they re-launched the same game on PC with another and suddenly it became the best game ever.
PCfags are truly pathetic.
>>
>>319540185
I do want to give it a chance but I was just giving an example of what I thought the gimmick was, but I guess it's won me over now
>>
It requires that you have friends.
>>
>>319541138
Isn't this game even bigger on PS4 than PC?
>>
>>319541138
The indie market is actually acceptable on consoles now. And double~ the installbase helps a lot. It was also free* on PS4, and twitch helps make shit popular fast now. There are plenty of reasons why this one worked, and the previous one didn't.

*Only after buying PS plus.
>>
its literally griffball
>>
>>319541138
Never heard or saw videos of SARPBC before RL. Not even recommended on the wiki. Game had 0 marketing unfortunately.
>>
There are a few problems while playing with randoms.
>People queues on every server
I usually play with people with over 170 ping
>Everyone runs after the ball, no one knows where it's going to land.
>Everyone fights for the ball, even among team mates
Sometimes you are waiting for the ball and another one just crashes onto you and sends you flying towards the other end, meanwhile an opponent hits it and goes straight to your goal.
>If you play defense, even with 6 saves, offense can't hit the ball, and one usually just does circles in place.
>If you are on offense, no one defends.
Not every game, sometimes you get people that understands a little bit. Also, people tend to be friendly all the time, a lot of "Good shot/pass", "What a save" and "Thanks", even from the opponents.
>>
File: 1446583555577.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1446583555577.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>What a save!
>>
>>319541138
It only blew up because of the fact that they made it 'free' for a month if you had PS+ and a PS4. PC didn't have shit to do with it.

SARPBC had a lot of issues that took a lot of time to get fixed.
>>
>>319540512
>people think turning off the brain is a good idea

you do realize that the reason people enjoy mindless action flicks is because they can appreciate it, not because they "turn their brains off"
>>
part of /v/ hates it because it's popular
part of /v/ hates it because they're bad at video games but unable to comprehend it
>>
>>319541045
OMG! Are you le meme master? :D
>>
It's fun, but I have no idea how ranked works
>>
>>319541045
OMG GIES IT LE MEME MASTER XD
>>
>Sitting in goal the ENTIRE match even when your team has possession
I seriously hope you guys don't do this. The cunts always miss the save too when it counts
>>
It's fun for an hour or so, then quite boring. Doesn't really have any lasting appeal.
>>
>>319545163
Why are you so le mad anon? Its just le football game with le cars and its so le epic xD
>>
>>319545163
>sitting in goal the ENTIRE time
>2v2 ranked

The fucking worst players. A goalie in a 3v3 makes sense, you can function with that. You cant have 1 guy doing ALL the work up top against 2 opponents in a 2v2, tho. If your kickass then yea sure but 90% of the time it does not work.
>>
>>319545535
even in 3v3 a dedicated goalie is retarded

Just rotate, build a triangle.
If you see 2 teammates next to you it's best to fall back but still be ready to boost forward to score rebounds

Only no-skill mouthbreather stay in the goal
>>
>>319545751
Just le rotate and build a le triangle amrite le anon XD
>>
>>319545518
>Idiots queue on far away servers
>Git gud XD
nice argument you have there
>>
this game is h*lla fucking epic XDD
>>
File: womens-tunic-scrub-large.jpg (28 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
womens-tunic-scrub-large.jpg
28 KB, 375x500
>>319540615
>>319540501
HAHAH

It's great OP. Don't let these autistic fucks tell you otherwise
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.