[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets have a nice Rainbow Six: Siege thread, shall we? Who is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 6
File: 7TwokLp[1].jpg (1 MB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
7TwokLp[1].jpg
1 MB, 2560x1080
Lets have a nice Rainbow Six: Siege thread, shall we?

Who is the best operative and why is it Twitch?
>>
>someone falls for your entry denial trap

warms fuzzy feelings all day everyday
>>
>dum dum idiot drone tries to scurry through your barbed wire just as you plop down a car battery
thanks for the 20 points, dipshit.
>>
>IQ has most worthless special in the game, and 1 armor
>But her loadout choices have cool guns
God I really hope they fix her. I want a reason to use an AUG.
>>
>le meme arrows to stealthily blend in le

youk now that it shows how many unique posters there are in the thread, right?
nobodys falling for your fucking viral marketing of this dead game
>>
>>319527661
IQ and that other guy who has EMP grenades
>>
>>319527760
>3 posts
>from 3 individual posters

grow up
>>
File: slavs.jpg (29 KB, 273x252) Image search: [Google]
slavs.jpg
29 KB, 273x252
Whos the best defender apart from specnaz? Pulse?
>>
>"IF IT RUNS ON A BATTERY, I'LL FIND IT!!!!!"
I can't believe how loud that is when you're defending.
>>
>>319527760
>any discussion of a new release is marketing

You fucks have ruined /v/.
>>
>>319528004
>>319528090
before my post, there was one poster in this thread and he made the first 3 posts
try again dude your game is garbage haha
>>
>>319528161
If you actually knew what you were doing you'd see that that was my first post in this thread.
>>
80$ bad CS:GO copy
>>
>Play as guy with machine gun placement
>Have friend place a wall in front of me at a choke point.
>No one understands how to beat this stupid as fuck strat.

K.
>>
>>319528081
Rook is indispensable.
>>
>>319528265
It's nothing like CS though.
>>
>>319528305

yea you're right, my bad. CSGO is actually a good game.
>>
>>319527942
>implying thatcher is worthless

Nigga you can disable stuff from outside the goddamn building just throw an EMP nade against the outer wall and you will almost always break some shit in there.
>>
>>319527942
You're a scrub if you think Thatcher is useless.
>>
>>319528376
And what makes Siege a bad game?
>>
>>319528376

WAHHHH YOU LIKE SOMETHING I DONT
>>
Who are y'alls go-tos?

I usually pick Bandit for defense and Ash for offense.

Should I be using Bandit's shocktraps on barbed wire? I don't think I've ever gotten a kill from them. Should I be putting them on reinforced walls instead so Thermite can't get through?
>>
File: Rainbow%282%29[1].jpg (60 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow%282%29[1].jpg
60 KB, 640x360
heres a good read faggots:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/rainbow-six-siege-isnt-selling-well-and-it-deserves-better-35665

>Star Wars: Battlefront sell millions of units without batting an eye. It's no wonder publishers are taking less risk than ever, and gamers are seeing the same, retreaded experiences pushed onto store shelves time and time again.

Game clearly deserves better. World is filled with impatient kids who just want to spray-n-pray bullets with auto-aim. Siege is a fresh breath of air in competitive multiplayer and it surely deserves a little better.
>>
>>319528376
Haha good joke :^)
>>
>>319528081
kakpkan is pretty decent if he plants his traps on the first entry points
>>
>>319528421
literally everything about it
it remotely appeared that rainbow six would go back to being an actually good series like it was up until everything after RS3, then they decided to make coop resemble left 4 dead more than any other coop game on the market and try to half ass some esports bullshit to appeal to the counter strike audience
both turned out garbage and the game is dead on launch, it was such a failure that the developers have to resort to viral marketing their crapware on ./v/
>>
>>319528497

on walls, between mute and bandit, you can pretty much protect all the reinforced walls, this makes garage defenses on the house and consulate so so much easier.
>>
>>319528497
Probably thatcher or thermite for attack because they're so damn useful, jager or rook in defense because the rifle jager has is just so goddamn nice to use.

It depends too heavily on the scenario and what room(s) you're holding as bandit but either can be useful, electrified barbed wire if well placed can force your enemy to waste grenades to destroy it which is always handy.
>>
>>319528508
>Siege is a fresh breath of air in competitive multiplayer.

I'd agree if the netcode wasn't complete shit.
I'm not arguing that it's a bad game, I really like it, but you're kidding yourself if you think it's competitive in it's current state.
>>
PROTIP: You can shoot out the exterior windows of the Embassy map as soon as the match starts, and offense almost never knows what to do in response and you can get some free kills.
>>
>>319528508
>ur just bad this game is 2 hardcore 4 u
you know it would probably have sold better if it actually was difficult like old rainbow six games or if it had a real competitive multiplayer which it absolutely does not

>ur just bad pls buy my game
lmao
>>
>>319528579

>hasnt actually played it.
>thinks terrorist hunt is actually a decent part of the game and used as an arguement
>believes this is viral marketing and not just people talking about a game that they like.
>>
>>319528721
What do you need? Are you upset that people are daring to talk about a video game you don't like?
>>
>>319528579
>literally everything about it

Thank you for being so specific. Very compelling argument. If you honestly think triple A publishers market their games on /v/ at five in the morning you're delusional. /v/ isn't that important. People like you only ruin actual video game discussion.
>>
why are all the SAS special skills so naff?
>>
>they decided to make coop resemble left 4 dead more than any other coop game on the market
Holy fuck this. It's not even L4D where the zombies have guns, it's straight up fucking L4D, They run at you in hordes and don't remotely react to the environment whatsoever, randomly bursting down walls and there's even an analogue to special infected, holy fuck it's garbage.
>>319528794
>thinks rainbow six games are about pvp and not coop
spot the idiot that has never played a real rainbow six game in his life
>>
>>319528808
stop responding to him then
>>
>>319528721
>if it actually was difficult like old rainbow six games
>difficult
you know you are playing against real human being senpai? If you want a challenge play the ranked.
>>
>Discuss game!
>Stop! I don't like game!
>>
I mean it's a nice casual pvp shooter and all, but there's nothing "Rainbow Six" about Siege.

Hell, you'd think they'd make Dingo Chavez an operator just for consistency's sake
>>
>>319529137
Hey man, I'm a lot not like a game but you cnt same say it anywhere.
>>
>>319529137
or usually its:
>Baww this game has no campaign: the thread.
>>
>>319529130
no thanks, the reason your meme game doesn't have any sales is because if you're going to shoehorn in some "competitive multiplayer" garbage you might want to have it remotely suited for competitive play and shell out the couple hundred bucks on functional servers and dump the dozens of rng mechanics present in the "competitive" game :^)
>>
>>319529269
>calling singleplayer "campaign"
spot the xbot
>>
>>319529303
You know ranked has dedicated servers right?
>>
>>319529368
not even xbot m8 ;^)
>>
>>319529303
>RNG mechanics
Fuze?
I can't think of anything else.
>>
>>319529428
you know it's still console centric kill trading casual shovelware right?
>>
>>319529428
Not him but I'd like some source on this, casual matchmaking is a travesty and I would've swapped if I knew.

After playing casual I didn't see a point in playing ranked matches of a game with online that bad.
>>
File: 1446204228764.jpg (28 KB, 450x410) Image search: [Google]
1446204228764.jpg
28 KB, 450x410
>>319529592
the shitposting is strong with this one
>>
>>319529592
It's ok if ur bad at agmes anon nobody will be mad at you for it.
>>
File: battlefront.jpg (781 KB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
battlefront.jpg
781 KB, 1919x1080
>>319529592
someone clearly havent played the new star wars battlefront if one calls rs siege casual.
>>
So, I plan to buy the game, but don't want to spend $60.00. Is G2A legit?
>>
>>319529592
Okay. We all know. You've served your purpose in this thread. We now know the error of our ways for enjoying something you didn't enjoy. Your valiant crusade against strangers playing video games you're not interested in can finally end, brave hero.
>>
>>319528713
Problem with that is you're going to cop a head shot.
>>
>>319529773
GMG is alright, got mine there $40 USD, works fine.
>>
>>319529754
Anyone remember this game?
>>
>>319529592
>SHITPOSTING INTENSIFIES
>>
>>319526929

It is fun.

Should have cost $20 though. Certainly not a $60 game.

Could use a CTF mode, where both sides have an objective to defend, but also must take their opponents. 8v8 with 4 defenders and 4 attackers per side.

>>319529773

G2A is not a steam key which sucks.

Seems legitish, except for the fact you can:t even say the site name in steam chat.
>>
>>319529837
Oh forgot about Green Man. Thanks for the reminder.

>>319529878
Yeah the "Uplay" key thing kinda threw me off. Think I'll avoid it.
>>
>>319529615
http://www.gameplanet.com.au/pc/news/g55ed1610b745f/Dedicated-servers-confirmed-for-Rainbow-Six-Siege/?utm_source=geo&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
>>
>>319529937

Didn't realize until I bought it.

Going through steam uses uplay too, but at least then it is properly listed in my games list.
>>
>>319529773
>>319529878

I got it off Nuuvem for $35. It's only a uPlay key though.
>>
>>319526929

Hammer Time is best operator/husbando.
>>
>when your team does a threeway breach in sync

good times
>>
>>319529773
I've bought off them a few times and it's worked out fine. Dont waste your money on Shield protection though as it does hardly anything and they will not always honor it. Just pay with PayPal and get a refund if the key doesnt work.
>>
>>319529943
Oh neat, but I thought you meant it would have better servers for ranked as opposed to casual. Already knew it had an Australian data center though, been playing on it all week
>>
>>319529016

where did i say anything about pvp ?

stop shitposting.
>>
>>319530113

>team stacks behind an entrance.
>set off a breaching charge on a different wall to draw attention
>blow charge on wall you stacked.
>flashbang shield guy goes first and flashes enemies
>rest follow behind and clean up

Pretty awesome to just smash a defense like that.
>>
>>319528508
Damn I wish my back wasn't so weak and I could commit to playing a game with keyboard and mouse

I shouldn't expect decent controller support and autoaim, right?

The newest CoD actually gives controller users auto aim which helps a bit, but it's still CoD
>>
>>319529016

what you fail to understand is that terrorist hunt is not a very big part of the game.

stop the shrill posting of things you've only understood from reading about the game.
>>
>>319529016
>Holy fuck this. It's not even L4D where the zombies have guns, it's straight up fucking L4D, They run at you in hordes and don't remotely react to the environment whatsoever, randomly bursting down walls and there's even an analogue to special infected, holy fuck it's garbage.

Wow, you never even played this, did you?
>>
all the people saying WAHHHH ITS NOT LIKE RAINBOW 6

>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc9Y4lZz8Hw

>>SUCH INTENSE COOP
>>
>>319527661
She's not completely useless, she can detect people who are watching a drone/camera and who have a laser sight. Gotten a few kills this way.
>>
For some reason I find dying in this game way less irritating than in csgo
>>
SO thatcher's video mentions shit about laser sights and powered optics. Do his grenades actually disable them? If not, huge missed opportunity
>>
>>319530689
Yes they disable both
>>
>>319530615
because you dont respawn?
>>
>tfw 0.3 K/D ratio

How do I git gud?
>>
>>319529773
bought mine off cdkeys for $27 two days before launch, was legit for me
>>
>>319530740
You don't. Premades shit on you.
>>
>>319530740
Shoot people before they shoot you and don't die as much
>>
>>319530740
riot shield, boobytrap or corner camp
>>
File: A28TViiCUAAYjLs[1].png (218 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
A28TViiCUAAYjLs[1].png
218 KB, 600x250
>>319530740
dont rush. 9 our of 10 times I get killed is because i feel like i could take on the whole empire all by myself
>pic related
>>
>>319530689
Nice. I guess I should roll Thatcher more often then
>>
>>319530740
learn to fucking aim and don't be a retard
>>
I really hope they fix the 'lighnting effects' looking out a window is equal to strapping 2 flashlights right to your retinas, the effect is way over the top.
>>
Any Australians suddenly find themselves queuing with a group full of gooks?
>>
>>319530981
>implying aiming matters when your shots don't register

idiot.
>>
>>319528376
>cs
>good game
please check last night update my man
>>
>>319531043
This

>>319531123
Hit F10 on the main menu, if the data center isn't Australia (EAU or some shit, low ping is a dead giveaway) restart your game until it is.
>>
>>319531123
I'm in America and all I get in GTA V is games full of chinks

Most less popular games have region lock, making server browsers totally empty. The few that could actually use it don't and just seem to throw everyone into games with people on the other side of the world

I'm pretty much done with the whole video game industry at this point
>>
gfycat com/PointedCleverBarnowl

great hit registration ubisoft!
>>
>>319531334
>gfycat com/PointedCleverBarnowl
You shot at the wall. Try shooting his body next time.
>>
Game is fun. Can't wait until they add in the College campus map. Hopefully without the yellow shit fog
>>
>>319531161
>shots dont register

maybe if you weren't a poorfag bumming off starbucks wifi you wouldnt have a problem, huh fucktard? all my shots register, 5ms ping, probably no choke/packet loss
>>
>>319531183
R8R8R8R8R8

it's so OP and so fun (for now)
>>
>>319531592
i shot when it was red, 0 hits, 0 damage.
if you're going to troll, please try harder.
>>
>>319531987
you obviously haven't played the game enough to realize that the reg is garbage
>>
>Get to rank 30
>Try ranked for the first time
>Get matched with people who use Ash's breaching charge on outer windows, Thatchers who think their EMP grenades can kill, and Thermites who put their charges on wooden barricades
>Get matched against pre-made 4-5 man teams with perfect coordination who steamroll us -0 every match
>End up with 0.3 w/l

T-t-thanks Ubisoft...
>>
>>319532348
>playing ranked before the game is fixed
Your loss
>>
>>319532348
its always like that. Dumb monkeys on your team vs coordinated koreans
>>
its impossible to play with a mic for me (pc). Its set to push-to-talk but teammates are always shouting at me hot mic hot mic, turn off your mic!! Fuck!!!
>>
>>319532590
literally ever single time you join a squad, alt+tab, or shift+f2, it will open you mic. if you use steam overlay it doesn't though. so just after you do one of those things hit your push to talk key and it will shut it off. personally i just tap my push to talk every so once in a while or just talk to my team just to make sure its off.
>>
>>319532213
two tips to improve hitreg: stop playing on fucking starbucks wifi and oh, I don't know, maybe aim at the guy?
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.