[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Dragon Age Origins and i liked it very much. Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 20141112122506_eb6de.jpg (335 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20141112122506_eb6de.jpg
335 KB, 1920x1080
Just finished Dragon Age Origins and i liked it very much. Is Dragon Age 2 worth playing? I remember that /v/ hated it because of gameplay, and i can go ver that if the characters and story is good.
>>
No, just pretend Origins never ever got sequel. Do not tarnish your memory of it by playing 2 or Inquisition.
>>
>>319524284
DA:O = Kotor

DA 2 = ME 2 with shit characters
>>
Much worst than Origins in all aspects, but still fun. Try the first hour for yourself and form your own opinion.
>>
File: 1360146050090.jpg (71 KB, 1072x787) Image search: [Google]
1360146050090.jpg
71 KB, 1072x787
>characters
You might struggle to fill your party with bearable characters

>story
Is also awful
>>
>>319524284
>Is Dragon Age 2 worth playing?
Not at all.
The gameplay is indeed shit, but the characters are even worse, the story relies on the protagonist being massively retarded and blindly reactive despite the stoy supposedly being about his/her rise to power, the nature or actual quality of said power is unexplored, the story does not matter in the greater scheme of the franchise (DA3's big bad is from a fucking DLC of 2).

My memories have thankfully faded since playing the game but basically everything is bad about this game. The music is uninspired, the graphics are arse, it plays much worse, spell combos from DAO are gone, the locations are endlessly reused, no one ages over a period of ten years, the whole city is small, uninteresting and almost abandoned despite being played up as a fuckhuge crowded trading hub, for whatever reason it was actually built right on top of some weak point of the Fade that turns mages crazy and lets demons break through easily but this is NEVER a real relevant point of the story, the game had the worst handled, most retarded plotholes, contrivances and magical plot items in fiction up until ME3 came out.

/v/ likes to exaggerate how bad games are sometimes, we all know that.
But DA2 really IS that bad.
Honestly it's the worst AAA game of the decade so far.
>>
In my opinion, no. I've played through Origins countless times but couldn't bring myself to play DA2 a second time. There's just so much wrong with it.

You may just skip ahead and play all the DLC for Origins, or even Inquisition. Despite the rip it got here, Inq isn't all bad but it has its flaws.
>>
>>319524284
Origins was like discount Lord of the Rings, DA2 made DA into a japanese Anime cancer that crept through DAI as well, avoid DA2 like the plague it is.
>>
>>319524995
It still needs Origin to run, there's no real choices and the combat is the most MMO-like and dull of the series.
I'd recommend watching a YouTube playthrough that doesn't talk over the game, that's all it deserves and only if you like the franchise.
>>
>>319524953
>complaining about the main character not being a mary sue for once

Shit taste.
>>
File: 1275345-dao_sandal.jpg (246 KB, 1079x838) Image search: [Google]
1275345-dao_sandal.jpg
246 KB, 1079x838
Enchantment?

Enchantment!
>>
-IF- you focus on how bad it is, DA2 can be slightly enjoyable.
Absolutely do not go into it expecting something good.

Focus on things like the same character pronouncing a name two different ways, one line immediately following something they just said. Or how they recycling the same map 15 times with slight variously like ankle high rocks blocking off a path or CONCRETE SLABS FILLING THE DOORWAY.]

If you go into the game expecting ridiculous badness, you can at least enjoy it like that.

I went in with expectations the first time, and upon completion of the second act, I was just "done", and didn't touch the game again for two years. It's so bad. Seriously, it cannot be explained how terrible of a title this is.
>>
>>319524284
better you do another origins playthrough
>>
>>319524284
DA2 had a shitton of potential that was never properly realized.
It's a story about family and rising to power instead of another awakened ancient evil that has some pretty good bits like entire Arishok ark but overall feel unfinished and poorly thought out, with characters going full retard in the end.
It has a more flashy yet simplified gameplay compared to DAO, massively fucked up by the waves of enemies jumping out from nowhere. There's only like 3 dungeon layouts in the entire game and they are reused even though you are exploring different places.
It has some genuinely good and outright horrible companions, from a NEET elven girl you can fuck to a faggot mage who will annoy you constantly. Same with writing, playing as sarcastic mage Hawke is pretty fun, but overall quality of texts goes down sometimes really hard.
It's also not that long.

Now DAI, that piece of shit lack ANY redeemable qualities.
>>
>>319525214
Being a fucking retard does not make a character not a Mary Sue if no one calls them out on it.
Being an active character does not make said character a Mary Sue either, being lazy and unable to perceive the changes around them, form an agenda or goal and strive to it is not somehow a cure for being a shitty writer's pet.
>>
The story is almost as bad as the gameplay.
>>
>>319525214
He's got a point about the weak point problem. It'd be one thing if Hawke tried to do something about the Fade tear and failed - Hawke trying and failing to get the companions to listen to reason was a good thing about DA2 - but Hawke doesn't even TRY. You find all these warnings about unspeakable doom coming to Kirkwall and just ignore them.
>>
>>319525236
His dialogue about some old lady visiting him was legit spooky.
Who the fuck is he anyway? Did DAI DLC tell anything about him? Base game was horrible.
>>
>>319525502
>Now DAI, that piece of shit lack ANY redeemable qualities.

Well, the environments (on PC) were pretty.
>>
>>319525878
Shame they also felt dead and were filled with nothing but trash mobs and occasional fetch quests.
>>
>>319524391
>>319524615
>>319524953
>>319524995
Memers

Just play it OP. DA2 is a fine game, if a poor successor to the Origins, which is by far, the best in the series.
>>
>Hated it because of the gameplay

In all honesty the gameplay is the least offensive part in that game. At least the combat moved at a brisk pace so you didn't have to do it for too long.

The characters, the story, the writing, the graphics, the environments, the loot system, the skill system, the AI system, the dungeons, the enemy variety, the pacing are all significantly worse than Origins.
>>
>>319526051
>At least the combat moved at a brisk pace so you didn't have to do it for too long
>he forgot about reinforcements

but even with reinforcement spawns, combat was improved
>>
File: url.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>319526051

Oh, the only redeeming factor about DA2 is the Qunari actually had a really cool design.

Sadly they fucked that up in Inquisition.
>>
>>319526168

The reinforcements didn't mean much in terms of combat duration (just shitty design.) You could down 3 waves in DA2 before killing 1 Revenant in DA:O.
>>
>>319524284
The game is pretty bad. I'd avoid it if I were you. The combat is horrible, that's a given. The story is essentially Bioware manufacturing a conflict because they're not quite ready to throw another end-of-the-world scenario at you yet. The campaign also ruins the character of Anders from Awakening. The only redeemable parts of the entire game were the moving statues in the final boss fight. Those were pretty neat.
>>
If you really like DA:O you may or may not like it. My problem was that I could barely stand DA:O and therefore hated DA2.
>>
There's about 3 different locations in which combat can take place, the same cave, the same sewer underneath the city, or the same cliff area.

That's it. There are no other maps in the game.
>>
>>319524284
DA:O is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. I've lost count of how many times I've played through it

Avoid DA2. It still remains the biggest gaming disappointment I've ever experienced. Everything about it is absolute trash, from the combat, to the characters to the story.

It also somehow has worse graphics than Origins
>>
The animated DA2 movie EA paid some koreans to produce was probably better than DA2 source material.

I think EA has stopped putting money into those. Who exactly were the Dead Space, Mass Effect and DA2 cartoons aimed at, anyway? Weeaboos didn't like them for being written by western committee, xbros don't watch cartoons because those are for nerds dewd lawl and bioware fans are hostile to japanese stuff since MUH SOGGY KNEES! LOLIPEDOS! LOSERS! OH MAN I WANT TO LICK TALI'S SWEAT FROM OUT OF THE SPACE BETWEEN HER TOES.
>>
File: 1446780600191.jpg (30 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
1446780600191.jpg
30 KB, 640x478
>>319527149
Holy shit this butthurt rant out of nowhere made me bust a gut.
>>
>>319524284
I enjoyed DA2 more than Origins.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.