[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did I make a terrible mistake? This game con't possibly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
Did I make a terrible mistake? This game con't possibly already be completely dead.

Every game mode aside from drop pod looks like this
>>
>>319522197
What platform?
>>
>>319522197
pc and xbone are dead, ps4 are the only retards still buying this shity game
>>
>>319522197
>Did I make a terrible mistake?
yes
>>
>>319522197
http://swbstats.com/

yes
>>
File: 1447479728595.jpg (26 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1447479728595.jpg
26 KB, 429x410
>>319526276
what the actual fuck? how did they flop so hard?
this is a prank, right? i remember the orange box tf2 ps3 servers having more players than this and that was five years after release
>>
>>319522197
>http://swbstats.com/

I've got in on PS4 in australia. Can easily get a full game in Supremacy or Walker assault around 2pm till 6pm. Other than that it's empty lobbies. It's going to get exponentially worse when the 4 different map packs come out.

>some players have vanilla
>some have vanilla plus the first dlc maps
>some have vanilla plus the first and second dlc maps
>some have vanilla plus the first and fourth map packs
>some have vanilla plus the first, second, third and fourth map packs

Did they even think about this? The base is going to be split in hundreds of different ways. Game will be unplayable.
>>
Ask Origin for a refund before it's too late you retard. There's still time.
>>
File: 1427424246398.jpg (176 KB, 1299x1322) Image search: [Google]
1427424246398.jpg
176 KB, 1299x1322
>only 44k bought the game
>>
>>319526735
>what the actual fuck? how did they flop so hard?

Too casual for 'gamers', and casual gamers (normies) don't like star wars. Leaves a pretty small player base.
>>
Even their forums have people pissed.
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/16440/for-casual-gamer
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/16128/i-really-wish-i-could-get-a-refund
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/16427/i-really-really-really-want-to-like-this-gamediscussion/14002/soooo-im-a-little-worried
>>
>>319527554
I fucked up on the last two.
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/16427/i-really-really-really-want-to-like-this-game
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/14002/soooo-im-a-little-worried
>>
File: 1404514584595.png (564 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1404514584595.png
564 KB, 719x719
>>319526735
in canada this game was 80 maple bucks with a 70 syrup season pass

150 harper lips for this? get fucking real chum.
>>
>>319526276
Wow.

Well i hope people stick to it on the ps4. Ever since BF came out BF4 has been infintely more enjoyable.
>>
>>319527554
>>319527708
the best part is the forums are so ass that it is impossible to reply, if you spend 5 minutes writing your reply you get an invalid token which means you can not submit your post, now you think okay then I just refresh the page and post again, you are wrong you have to find the thread again in there as backwards forum and try again or pray that you get lucky and allow you to post
>>
I actually liked the game but their jewy EA ways once again turned me off a purchase
I wished EA didn't have all those fucking sport games cashcows
>>
they fucking added helmetless troopers and that would be fine but because they thought everyone would love them they decided no one would use helmeted troopers so they removed the iconic noise they make when speaking through their helmets PS1 games managed to do it right but not this triple A game? I know it was because they thought people would prefer to play as a special snowflake trooper but the forums say other wise

https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/11265/please-remove-helmetless-stormtroopers#latest
>>
>>319528792
Damn. I hated the helmet-less and female Imps, but not having the sound is just shit.
>>
>>319522197
I really wanted the Darth Vader PS4 so I got it with this game. It's not bad, fun for a few hours. If the DLC was free I'd say its definitely worth it.

But its not. And that season pass was the death of it. EA shot themselves in the foot with this shit. While I find the game fun, the same four fucking maps repeating over and over when doing walker assault is fucking draining.
>>
>>319528906
I did not mind the female imps because star wars rebels said they are canon so I can let it slide and say EA was using the full canon, then I realized they were just fucking lazy and did no research and had no idea how to do canon customization for storm troopers.
>>
>>319529067
>I did not mind the female imps because star wars rebels said they are canon
That doesn't work for the movie planets though. I'd buy it after both Deathstars, the Emperor and Vader were killed however.
>>
>Fans want game
>Devs "I know, lets give fans game that's not like older games!"
>Fans hate game
>game doesn't do well
>Devs "THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR LISTENING TO THE FANS YOU ENTITLED PIECES OF SHIT"

I don't know OP...
>>
>>319529201
rebels takes place before a new hope by a few years though. I mean yeah all the ones we hear are males but you can easily make a case for the ones that did not speak to be females. Though I realize a lot of people dislike that idea, but it does make sense if you look at the full canon universe. I think EA was being fucking lazy but in general female storm troopers were probably around during a new hope, we just never heard one or if you rather the movie storm troopers be all male never seen one
>>
File: 2624426246.jpg (28 KB, 420x408) Image search: [Google]
2624426246.jpg
28 KB, 420x408
>>319522197
>playing a game specifically designed for 8 year olds
>>
>>319529403
That doesn't make sense because they made them all the same. It also makes them less evil than we would have thought. It's just SJW shit to attract newer fans and it just one reason why I won't give them my money.
>>
>>319526790
At some point I want devs to realize that maps are an inherently stupid thing to sell
>>
>>319529354
>remove classes in a series, and no I am not talking about battlefront I am talking about Star Wars as a whole, where the imperials were told exactly what to wear how to wear it and what to do with no freedom
give us loadouts
>promises and authentic star wars expirence you will be immersed in and feel like your in the moviess
tokens everywhere, you can not go in a vehicle you have to call in someone to pilot a ship for you, Y wings are just an air strike

they made a game star wars, fps, and casual star wars fans hate.
>>
>>319529571
>At some point I want devs to realize that maps are an inherently stupid thing to sell

Some devs do. The problem is that other devs just don't know what else to offer as DLC that people would buy.
>>
>>319529569
you know by the time a new hope takes place they are not clones anymore any able bodied human could enlist. Is it pandering? I think so but the official canon says its true Disney can say "see those storm troopers in the death star that don't talk? yeah they are female" and you have no argument really.

In SWBF It was definitely a mix of lazy and SJW beliefs
>>
>>319526276
http://bf4stats.com/
as a comparison.

as an australian playing this on pc its dead in the water, I literally havent been able to find games on weekdays. tonight i managed to get one insanely laggy battle of jakku.

considering its made by dice would semi dynamic maps or basic destructability be too much to ask for.
its a casual crapshoot with a boring grind between levels anyway just to get the meta op shit.
>>
>>319529895
The armor is all the same. It was made for the most generic men. That's why Luke didn't fit it and why they had crotch plates.

Disney canon is a whole separate thing though. I consider movies to be their own thing and Disney shit to be it's own. Issue is I don't like Disney shit so I'm not paying for it.
>>
>>319530157
I am not gonna argue that, some people feel that way and thats fine, I just enjoy rebels so I allow stuff it says to be canon, and if force awakens is decent I will allow it to be canon to, other then that nothing is canon to me anymore besides the movies
>>
>>319522197
>trusting EA
That was your mistake anon
>>
>>319530291
I'm keeping them separate like the EU is it's own thing.

If only the game was better. I may allow it then.
>>
>>319530107
>>319526276
how accurate are these things? I thought it would be hard to find the games play populations
>>
>>319530356
If the game were canon, it would not be shit, how the fuck did they think load outs would work in a series where one side(the empire) are not allowed to customize fucking anything?
and the token system is retarded too
>>
>>319530441
>how the fuck did they think load outs would work in a series where one side(the empire) are not allowed to customize fucking anything?
I've tried to argue this before, but Twitch people are fucking retarded. Only the rebels would have loadouts, and they wouldn't be working Imperial weapons left and right. The tokens just stop you from camping around vehicles and instead around the tokens. Also, it's nice to have faggots wasting the heroes, right?
>>
>>319530157
>the armor is all the same
what about the squad of stormtroopers that enter the prison section but only one of them bumps his head when walking in
>>
>>319530606
>Extra fucking up
>>
>>319530357
I think it works by searching the find player functions and views player profiles. (hence why star wars doesn't have stats, only player count)
http://bfhstats.com/
there is battlefield floplines
I'd say they are pretty accurate
>>
>>319530595
I assume you did not play the game because token camping is just as bad as vehicle camping, and you can also camp the hero tokens, heroes should be awarded to high scoring players, not kills just the highest score, vehicles should spawn on map, and it should be class based, rebels had their set of guns the empire their own set, it would be asymetric like pants vs zombies where you had similar classes on each side with different weapons and abilities

rebels with load outs and empire with classes just is a little to crazy and makes no sense when rebels never really used the imperial weapons except in battles where they stole them
>>
>>319530864
Read what I've been saying. I thought I implied at least that I haven't played it. I don't plan on spending the money, but I have seen it. Also, I implied they were just as bad. Read that last post again. You're even agreeing with most of what I said.

They stole plenty of things, so it would make sense for common imperial weapons to be in rebel hands.
>>
>>319530864
I assume you didn't read his post
>>
>>319531172
yeah I misread it, but I still do not like the idea of them using imperial weapons just makes them less unique it should just be class versus class which each side having exclusive weapons, they definitely did not have stolen e-11 on hoth for example or endor
>>
>>319531406
Regardless of that, it does actually make sense. I prefer classes to differentiate the factions, but we don't have much to stand on regarding it.
>>
>>319531591
thats what I am saying, have the rebel trooper use the A280 and and a storm trooper use the E-11 they fulfill the same purpose just slightly different, you can do that with rebel snipers and scout troopers etc
>>
>>319531816
I'm saying that it makes more sense for the rebels to have some imperial weapons because they did rob them. It's how the got the X-Wings for example.
>>
>>319531902
oh well yeah but there are plenty of guns already that are just stolen from the empire, why add more non canon ones is all I am saying.
>>
>>319532028
The issue is that they get to decide what's canon now. Another issue is that I never said add non canon guns.
>>
>>319532090
oh then I completely agree with you then
>>
File: latest[1].png (517 KB, 819x839) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
517 KB, 819x839
>>319532168
>>319532090
>>319532028
>>319531902
>>319531816
>>319531591
>>319531406
>>
>>319526735
This is one of the many reasons why you don't buy EA games. I learned the hard way with Hardline. Same exact thing happened.

>$60 base game
>4 maps, cut content to be released later for another $60
>everyone tired of same damn maps after 2 weeks
>>
>>319532309
but anon bf4 is pretty good.
its no bf2 or bc2, but its still fairly fun.
>>
>>319532551
The issue with BF4 for me though is that it was the same as BF3, only with different maps. It was basically a BF3 alternate mode. Same goes for hardline.
>>
File: 1419384161365.gif (1 MB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
1419384161365.gif
1 MB, 333x250
>>319532660
fair enough, they later expanded the maps with bf4 quite a bit. and still are making more with some decent ones. +it was only 60 dollarydoos at the time with premium.
Mind you maybe I'm spoiled as i skipped bf3 due to playing 20 minutes then refunding due to the shitty subway map. and I only ever play hardcore servers anyway as opposed to bf2 where it just worked. i guess.

as to hardline, it was definately an 'expansion' but with less vehicles/weapons than the base bf4. and even though Juan bought me star wars I'm happy that it will flop.
>>
>>319532168
This might just be the first time that these words have been written on /v/
>>
>>319532962
>hardcore

fuck O F F
>>
>>319532551
senpai dont remind me of bad company 2

that game was fucking legendary. makes me sad thinking about it.
>>
>>319532962
I can see that point of view if you DIDN'T play BF3.

But for everyone that did, BF4 was just more of the same, released directly after BF3, for $120 AGAIN.

It added nothing impressive to the series and was a new set of maps to play. IT DID add some really fucking shitty things like battlepacks.
>>
>>319530678
>stormtroopers are all male of the same dimensions because muh movie
>movie depicts stormtroopers of different height
>the movie is wrong!

no wonder why middleage hipsters don't like the prequels, they can't even understand the very first movie
>>
>>319533412
But I played it an hour ago
If you're yuro, there's still a lot of servers on PC, don't know about other platforms or areas
>>
File: NGNLprevieweps1-5.jpg (26 KB, 614x344) Image search: [Google]
NGNLprevieweps1-5.jpg
26 KB, 614x344
>>319533605
prequels are shit. has nothing to do with your talking about. go watch the plinkett reviews
>>
>>319533605
Movies the armor to be within a certain height you mongloid. They also have only male voices throughout the whole trilogy.
>>
I think more people would've bought the game if they had released it on steam but maybe I'm wrong
>>
Graphics are AMAZING, why everyone stopped playing? It's 2015, people, you hate technology or something?
>>
>>319534378
oh shit niggaz its 2015
>>
>>319534131
>reddit leddit memeia

wwwwwww animemes confirming they're the cancer
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.