[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this censorship?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: Mobius-FF-Shot-03.jpg (226 KB, 1669x876) Image search: [Google]
Mobius-FF-Shot-03.jpg
226 KB, 1669x876
Is this censorship?
>>
File: wilbur.png (206 KB, 635x355) Image search: [Google]
wilbur.png
206 KB, 635x355
yes
>>
Who fucking cares?
>>
What determines if a change in character's design is censorship or not is the reason behind that change, not the change itself.
Also we already have a censorship thread aka pedophilia general up. No need to multiply these.
>>
Yes, but not as much as it could be. If it were a girl character, THEN /v/ would throw a real fit.
>>
File: mevius-final-fantasy_r4u63.jpg (395 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
mevius-final-fantasy_r4u63.jpg
395 KB, 1080x1920
>>319520340
>>319520401
>>319520435
>>319520514

No because Mobius FF is a game with multiple costumes and a job system, and you can still wear the original costume, they only swapped out the starting costume with a different one

And most costumes are even more revealing than that
>>
no because he's a rapist
>>
>>319520340
Looks like more adequate armor and makes sense.

My question is why do people need almost naked characters in video games anyways?
>>
I don't know the context but probably.
>>
>>319520958
It's not

See >>319520682
>>
>>319520340
Whatever you want to call it, it's a tragedy.
>>
>>319520682
I'm pretty sure OP was looking for opinions on what people think of censorship.

All that matters to a lot of people here is what makes their privates feel nice. Interfere with that, and they'll blow anything out of proportion.
>>
If it was done before the original release, is consistent globally, and wasn't forced on them by outside parties, that's just an internal design choice which is technically self-censorship, but they fully have the right to do that.

Same with Street Fighter V.

The real problem plaguing the industry is ethnocentric international censorship or as some would rather call it "terrible localization" seen in games like Fatal Frame V and Xenoblade X, but people complaining about stuff like Mobius FF or SFV have either just been primed to have this reaction by the overabundance of international censorship in recent video games, or false flaggers trying to deface the actual argument, but in either case, both are making people actually fighting the real problem look bad.

Of course those people also have the right to fight for what they want to fight for, but its a different issue.
>>
>>319520340
Yes but the before looks fucking stupid so this is a good change
>>
nintendo kids are getting really rowdy these days
>>
>>319521216
The thing about most other cases of censorship, is that the changes were implemented, because of fear that someone might have a *moral* objection to the content. It just so happens that sexy things offend certain people's moral ideology. Thus, it's by happenstance that you see /v/ going nuts over the things that make their dicks hard.

The difference between those cases, and this one, is that there is no moral objection to the character's attire. Rather, it's a direct objection to the aesthetic.
>>
>censored a sexy guy

jesus christ when will it end
>>
>>319520340
Was this game supposed to be any good? I mean by phone game standards.
>>
>>319520340
It's improvement.
Now repeat after me, Sony is good.
>>
>>319520340
It doesn't stop becoming censorship just because the target changes, anon. What kind of response were you expecting? "No, because the former kills my boner."

The real crime is that the character's hair is WORSE than it was before.
>>
>>319521484
>but people complaining about stuff like Mobius FF or SFV have either just been primed to have this reaction by the overabundance of international censorship in recent video games, or false flaggers trying to deface the actual argument, but in either case, both are making people actually fighting the real problem look bad.
The distinction your making between localized and global censorship appears meaningless. They're both the results of the fear of the perception of their desired markets.
>>
>>319520340
Yes it is and I am literally shaking at the thought square enix would do something like this to us.
>>
This ever getting an English translation?
>>
>>319522945
It's no coincidence that /v/ freaks out over this type of censorship at all. /v/ thinks feminists are behind nearly every thing they don't like in the video game industry, and so they will act like it's all the fault of SJW's and feminists. It doesn't help that they pay more attention to what makes their tender parts feel tingly before anything else. A common (past) stereotype of "gamers" is that they are horny and dumb teenagers with low standards (though all of these things are common traits in most teenagers anyway). /v/ continues to prove this age old stereotype to be true. It just makes /v/ look worse. But then again, that's what a lot of people here do best. It's nothing out of the ordinary here.

I know this case isn't about what is sexually appealing. It just isn't as interesting to them as something that IS sexually appealing to most people. That's why this thread doesn't have 75 or more replies by now.
>>
File: 1404753252291.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1404753252291.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
I can't tell if that's a man or a woman.

Thanks, Nomura, and your love of teenage boy-looking completely androgynous characters.
>>
Vidya needs more manservice.
>>
>>319520340
Depends on the reason.
I'm extremely anti censorship. But censorship by definition is about censoring due to offensiveness or perceived offense.
>>
No because it's a guy and guys are gay lol
>>
On a serious note, I don't think making costumes less skimpy is necessarily censorship if it's the developer making the decision. The more skimpy a character is dressed, the less seriously you take them. Having a character dress sensibly for the task at hand is not a bad thing.

However, localizers are in no position to be making those kinds of decisions and I despise the ones that do. Feminism, puritanism, whatever, it's destroying the developer's original intent and giving consumers an inferior product.
>>
I'm not pro censorship, but I don't mind when people removes the gay furfag pandering.
>>
>>319526403
Developer, director, producer or artist?
>>
>>319526484
That makes you pro-censorship, anon, in favour of things that offend you.
>>
>>319520506
Nigger, get back in there and defend your XBX purchase. Are you a closet pedo? That's the seventh time you've accused others of being a pedo in just two threads.
>>
>>319526591
doesn't count
>>
>>319526487

Well it should be a team decision, but I think ultimately the person with the most say would be the director (they're the one who's looking at the design in the broader context of the game), followed by the artist (who made the design to begin with).
>>
>>319520682
Does Mobius get, like, better?

I played a little bit of it, but since it runs like shit on my phone I put it down and didn't pick it back up.

The combat seems alright, but it didn't really grab me, and it seems kind of like I'm just doing the same thing over and over again, and it wasn't particularly fun or engaging.

Had the same problems with FFVII G-BIKE
>>
>>319526654
That's exactly what the tumblrites think.
>>
>>319526718
yeah but I'm saying it so think about it
>>
At first I only sucked girlydick but I find that matters less and less nkw I just love sucking dicks.

You know when it's rubbing precum on that back of your throat and it's cold and salty I love that shit.

That's not gay right?
>>
>>319526769
That you've got a big ol' headcase of cognitive dissonance, and were never anti-censorship in the first place, just pro-naked women?
>>
>>319526852

Well you've come to the right board.
>>
>>319526591
How does moking faggots make me pro censorship?
>>
File: Squall-Whatever.jpg (20 KB, 358x166) Image search: [Google]
Squall-Whatever.jpg
20 KB, 358x166
>>319526860
fuck this
>>
>>319525056
Nomura isn't involved with Mobius at all.

The character designer for Mobius was Toshiyuki Itahana, who also did character design for FFIX and a bunch of spin-offs like Fables and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon.

Wol doesn't look anything like a Nomura design, anyway.
>>
>>319526912
Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not censorship.

>>319526937
Good, fuck off.

This board is an embarrassment. None of you mean a fucking word of what you say, you're all just looking to push your petty agendas.
>>
>>319520340
ITT: Homosexuals defending his pride.
>>
>>319520340
Depends on who you ask lolol.
>>
>>319520340
yes

its also localization because western babbies cant handle sexuality
>>
If you are playing a character wearing nothing but underwear, then you go into your inventory and switch to a burka, is that censorship?
>>
>>319527145
>hey we're not homofags
>let's remove the things that makes us homofags
How's that censorship?
>>
>>319523240
>mobile game
>Sony
What?
>>
File: mobius-final-fantasy.jpg (220 KB, 1140x650) Image search: [Google]
mobius-final-fantasy.jpg
220 KB, 1140x650
>>319520340
The bare back costumes are still there, OP. Also see >>319520682.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.