[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Australian Internet BTW If you guys haven't heard,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_711.jpg (13 KB, 383x240) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_711.jpg
13 KB, 383x240
>Australian Internet

BTW If you guys haven't heard, there's a new case and a new weapon, on CSGO.
>>
>living in a meme country
>>
>>319494718
it literally took 47 hours to download GTA V... Andorra has faster internet to Australia.

Blame this cunt, tony abbott, he cancelled the fibre optic internet scheme
>>
>>319494718

They said Australia, not France.
>>
>>319495208
Fiber optic is still being built and is currently rolling out across Australia

Stop being misinformed.
>>
>>319495950
france voted in a bunch of nationalists this week

Canada is the new meme country since Trudeau got in
>>
>>319494634
Australian internet isn't so bad.
if you legit only play on Australian servers.

connect anywhere else and the yanks will all make the "toasters aren't modems bro hue hue" jokes.
at least Asian servers you can't read the language the assholes complain in.
>>
>>319496059
> hey guys, yeah, I know that fibre to the premises is the fastest way
> but
> it's also more expensive
> so here's the plan
> we run fibre to a node, and then run decades-old copper from the node to your house, resulting in a blazing fast 25mbps
> listen to my telecommunications minister, who says 25mbps download is fast enough for the 21st century
> upload speed? nobody wants that, pffft
> what's that, the cost of my fibre to the node plan has blown out like crazy, nearly tripled in price, is months or more behind schedule, and performing nowhere near as expected
> thanks for electing me, australia!
> remember, this is the future you chose!

The majority of Australians will have to connect via SkyMuster satellites, which NBN Co has gone on record saying they will not launch a second satellite until the first is oversaturated and plagued with congestion issues.

G G A U S T R A L I A
>>
>>319496059
>Fiber optic is still being built and is currently rolling out across Australia
right, under a new plan for FTTN, which is absolutely fucking pointless, still bottlenecks on the ADSL/Cable lines anyway and will cost much, much more money in the long run than the original FTTP method.
Abbott fucked it all up.
>>
>>319498075
>> but
>> it's also more expensive
here's the kicker.
the current fibre plan, whilst being offloaded to Telstra/NBNCo, costs the government more over time than the original plan where they would have been paid their money back and more.
>>
>>319498075
>>319498592
>>319498717
>give people better internet
>THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

>dont give people better internet
>WAH WHY DONT WE HAVE BETTER NET

Typical kiddies.
>>
>>319498717
>the current fibre plan, whilst being offloaded to Telstra/NBNCo, costs the government more over time than the original plan where they would have been paid their money back and more.
I want you to read that back to yourself, then realize how stupid you are.

I realize you wont realize how stupid you are, but I have hope.
>>
>>319499475
It's not good enough when the 'better' internet is such a marginally small amount better, the government might as well have not done anything considering the fucking money its costing the country.

Either do it right, or don't fucking do it. Don't half-ass it, hemorrhage money, get a shit system implemented, and then congratulate yourself on a job well done.
>>
>>319500156
>It's not good enough when the 'better' internet is such a marginally small amount better
You are utterly fucking retarded if you think FTTN is only marginally better than what most Australians get currently.

Or you just live in a literal basement. Probably both.
>>
File: 1393076811033.jpg (13 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
1393076811033.jpg
13 KB, 224x224
>mfw my town was the first place in aus to get the nbn
>mfw it's fibre to the node as intended
>>
>>319500237
My friend was on 18mbps/1mbps before NBN
Now he's on 21mbps/1mbps after NBN
Wow, such a huge fucking boost, you dribbling cunt.

If you live outside a major population centre, you're fucked. Simple as that.

Also, nice assumption. Shame it's wrong.

Now please, Mister Abbott, it's time to leave.
>>
>new gun

holy shit what
>>
>>319500525
>my friend is on internet, far better than most Australians and so the difference is only slight!

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>319500525
18mbps is far above the average australian internet speed. You are literally an entitled cunt.
>>
>>319494634
as someone with 100 down 40 up in melbourne idk that feel
>>
>>319500696
> my friend
> me
OK mate.

I, personally, am on 0.03mbps down and 0.01mpbs up on good days, with around a 170+ms ping.

Fuck you.
>>
They're bumping up the NBN Wireless to 50mbps soon
>>
>>319500827
Cry more you entitled cunt, no one cares.
>>
>>319500525
81.05/35.23 in regional nsw here

does your retarded friend know that he has to pay more for faster internet?
>>
>>319500927
> some of the worst internet in the country
> entitled
Hahahahah ok mate. Whateeeeeever you say.

People on fucking satellite get better speeds than that, just on a smaller data cap
>>
>>319501169
>pretends his internet is shit by saying its his 'friend'
>then tries to saveface by lying and saying he has shit internet
Uh huh, whatever you say kid.
>>
>>319500827
i know you won't see this till tomorrow, but hang in there bro
>>
>>319501315
If this thread is still up when I get home from work, I'll post screenshots I've taken.
>>
OP, change the download server you're connecting to to the Sydney one.

Faster than Melbourne, and I'm in Melbourne with 100 down
>>
File: speedtest.png (31 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
speedtest.png
31 KB, 300x135
Get with the times, faggot.
>>
>>319496830
>France finally being nationalistic
I'd have a harder time believing it if you mentioned Sweden but I'd still like a source
>>
>>319494634
>>319503457
>living in hell
>>
>>319499590
the gov are still funding it, its government infrastructure and they're paying for the entire lot, but now Telstra get all the money back from people signing onto the plans for it.
The old plan had the gov profiting off the fibre network. The new plan does not.

>give people better internet
>THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH
it's not better though. it's exactly the same as it always has been, but now its easier for the telcos to service the nodes.
>>
>>319503810
>implying America is in any way better
>>
>>319504284
Well you know, the internet is
>>
>>319504395
Well, my internet is certainly better than a lot of America's internet.
>>
wait wait....

all of you niggers shut the FUCK up about your shitty ass third world internet for a second

wtf do you mean a new gun?
>>
>>319504506
There's 10 threads already cunt, read one of those.
>>
>>319504506
>wtf do you mean a new gun?

A Revolver was added to CSGO. How do you not know this already?

Do you not play video games?
>>
>>319504467
prove it
>>
>>319504631

This is my internet. >>319503457
>>
>>319501003
Jumping in to the thread to say I DESPISE people like you who think there's even a choice

The ONLY ISP in my area is Telstra. 380KB/s maximum. There are no faster options. We won't even be getting the national fuckup network until 2017 at the earliest, and that's when the giant insects arrive.
>>
just looked at the patch notes, idk how many of you take the game seriously but these are some pretty fucking major changes, tbqh

some of them are just fucking baffling...
>reduced round time in comp rules by 5 seconds
uhh...what? why the fuck?
>>
>>319504739
But there is a choice anon, a choice of moving to a less shitty area.
>>
>>319504614
i don't spend all day playing csgo, fucko

I played this morning and the patch hadn't dropped yet, I just got back from a cookout literally 5 minutes ago and this is the first thread I saw

I wasn't even aware a patch was planned, and these changes I'm seeing in the patch notes are massive for pro level play
>>
>game crashes every time I open my inventory

Am I the only person experiencing this?
>>
>>319504776
Right?! Fuck sake, they're changing a shit ton of stuff and it doesn't look good to me.

I'm still annoyed at the fact that they did something as useless as removed pre-game, half-time, and post-game voice chat between teams.
>>
>>319504284

greatest country in the world baby
>>
>>319504872
Oh yeah sure let me just get out my million bucks hanging around to move so I can download Yakuza 5 in one night instead of two
>>
>>319504689
your internet is top 1% in AUS. Probably top 50% or so in the US.
>>
>>319505042
Do you own the house you're living in?

If so, here's a plan for you senpai.

>sell house
>move to south-eastern Melbourne suburbs
>get 100/50 NBN from a variety of ISP choices

And you're done! How easy was that?
>>
>>319504974
the pistol change is a god send honestly

so sick of fucking smurfs running around raping everyone with the 5.7
also ct side pistol rounds were unbalanced as fuck, usps is so much better than glock its not even funny
>>
>>319505243
Dude. Dude what the fuck.

The revolver is a one shot kill to the chest, with and without armor.

You're going to be raped even harder by smurfs now. And not just fucking smurfs. Literally anyone who picks up the gun and isn't autistic will be able to wreck havoc.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.