[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: broadcast.png (329 KB, 754x436) Image search: [Google]
broadcast.png
329 KB, 754x436
So it's getting down to the final stretch here, 22 days at most, and a NeoGAF person who correctly hinted at Cloud appearing in the previous direct says he's releasing Dec 16th, so the broadcast is potentially then or even slightly before

What do you expect and/or want to see?
>>
Expect:
Wolf, Pichu, Cloud and detailed explanations of them and the Midgar Stage.

Want:
That plus Isaac as an assist trophy again.
>>
>>319493223
I expect: Wolf and Inkling or K Rool along with Cloud. What I want is that plus them saying this is our last Smash Direct but not our last DLC bundle
>>
I expect: cloud same day release. K rool, banjo, shantae reveal.
I want: wolf fags to get btfo one last time
>>
Cloud and at least one other character released that day along with a set of Mii Fighter costumes (Chocobo, Black Mage, Geno). Then they'll announce the schedule for the release of the remaining few fighters/costumes/maybe a stage.
>>
File: Gex Smash.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gex Smash.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
There's only one guy I want...
>>
>>319493223
>Want:
Cloud, Snake, and Isaac or Ice Climbers downloadable after the presentation. Then maybe announce a ballot character.
>Expect:
Cloud and Wolf, a bit about the ballot saying more ballot news will be coming later.
Maybe some stages and Mii costumes
>>
>>319493223
it'll probably be next week
>>
File: wtfisthisshit.png (258 KB, 351x364) Image search: [Google]
wtfisthisshit.png
258 KB, 351x364
>>319493656
>pichu

Do people really think they're going to go out on such a underwhelming and boring note like that?

Either we're getting a newcomer or we're getting Snake back. There's no way they'd reveal Cloud like that if that was their most exciting reveal.
>>
thinking there's an assortment of characters potentially on the table

>wolf, but a near 1:1 of his Brawl self
>pokemon newcomer in light of it's shortly upcoming 20th
>inklings
>waddle dee (spear), no idea why but i have a hunch
>snake though im losing faith; want to see the guest character who started it all scrap it out again. don't even give a shit about absent codec calls

im really warming up to the thought of Paper Mario, or anything from any of the mario RPG series (fawful/geno/mallow) though the latter three are obviously an enormous stretch
>>
DLC IS CHAPTER 3
>>
File: 1436832112982.jpg (170 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436832112982.jpg
170 KB, 1280x720
>>319493223

Expect: Steve from Minecraft
Want: Creeper from Minecraft
Will get: Steve from Minecraft
>>
>>319494145
Imagine if Krystal gets in over Wolf
>>
>>319493223
>and a NeoGAF person who correctly hinted at Cloud appearing in the previous direct

This is the first I've heard of this, especially since there was absolutely nothing that hinted at Cloud in Smash in any of the patches or anything that was even a hint from Nintendo. When did this neoGAFfer say he predicted Cloud would be revealed in the previous Direct?
>>
considering they conspicuously added another line to the copyright in the Cloud trailer, at least one of the characters to be revealed will be from a new third pary
>>
Cloud, Wolf, and Inklings is what I expect. Maybe one more third party surprise.
>>
>>319494431
>pichu

if by some twist of fate they toss in another joke character (hopefully for free), Pokemon has a fuckton of material to work with, let alone pichu

>psyduck/slowpoke/magikarp/spinda/luvdisc/wobbufett
>>
Picture this:
>footage shows a Smash battle going on in Guar Plains
>Metal Head shows up and flings McCloud out of the arena
>suddenly FOOOOOOOOXXXXX!
>screen goes black
>these words appear: From Brawl, a Snake is reborn.
>trailer goes on to show gameplay
>Final Smash appears: 'Snake, it's my turn to protect you.'

Sufficiently hype?
>>
>>319494710

Square Enix related?
>>
screenshot this
Banjo will be in
mark my words it will be banjo
>>
>>319494710
no something new, see
https://youtu.be/S7D2sgHjvlY?t=2m53s

there's an audio queue for the new copyright line. they could have rearranged and shrunk things to fit instead. they're gonna fill that line up with something new.
>>
>>319494808
The Pokemon Company isn't exactly the easiest to negotiate even small shit like this with.
>>
would Minecraft's Steve/Alex actually cause serious asshurt? i dont care for it at all but people here and Lebbit were fuming over the actual possibility of it
>>
>>319494808
I wouldn't really mind Pichu getting in as long as he's not the final DLC character along with Wolf and Cloud for this game. Like, if the last batch was Cloud, Wolf, either Snake or a newcomer and Pichu thrown in as an extra, I'd be fine with that, but there's no fucking way they can just end Sm4sh's DLC period with him getting in over another newcomer or something.
>>
>>319495315
was intended as a reply to
>>319495056

>>319495303
I honestly think this will happen now
>>
>>319493656

>Wolf, pichu

Rogersbase I know that's you faggot
>>
File: 1393820406789.jpg (18 KB, 251x250) Image search: [Google]
1393820406789.jpg
18 KB, 251x250
>>319494950
>raiden
dropped
>>
>Expect
Inkling and Wolf for sure, maybe another character along with a Splatoon stage
>Want
Mach Rider, Advance Wars rep, some new single player adventure mode type thing, return of "manual smooth landing" as soccerguy would probably call it as well as tweaks to falls speed.
>Deep dark shameful desire
Some sort of KOWASHITAI content
>>
Expect:
Minimal newcomers from Nintendo. The only first-party newcomer that I expect to get in would be Inklings (and it would be a fucking disaster if they don't)

Wolf

Another 3rd party newcomer, maybe from Tekken or Soul Calibur

Want:
Inklings

Snake (Konami kek)

Paper Mario (if they were going to do it, they would have planned it for launch, unless maybe they did his stage then scrapped his character for time constraints?)

more 3rd parties

no indiefag character choices
>>
>>319493223
>NeoGAF person who correctly hinted at Cloud appearing in the previous direct says he's releasing Dec 16th
[citation needed], and if it's that guy who was actually referring to the Star Wars crap, just save yourself the trouble of wasting your time. That's less legitimate than Gematsu saying "Pokemon from XY"
>>
File: 250px-132Ditto.png (41 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-132Ditto.png
41 KB, 250x250
i want this thing, as project m's "all star versus" mode condensed into a single character.

you spawn as a random character (with entrance animation as ditto transforming into it), and every time you're KO'd you respawn as a new character.

a jacked-up random button + character in one
>>
>>319495751

The thing is he wasn't referring to the Star Wars.
It was all misdirection.
>>
>>319495805
That would be awesome. I would also love the Project M version. I'm surprised that Sakurai hasn't done it yet.
>>
>>319495840
Just like how Sakurai had been misdirecting the truth about Ridley the whole time, and that he wanted us to think he was going to be a boss when he was REALLY hinting that Ridley would be on the roster?
>>
>a NeoGAF person who correctly hinted at Cloud appearing in the previous direct

Got a screencap of that? Was it just some vague statement that could be associated with pretty much anything or did he specifically mention Cloud?
>>
File: bye.gif (2 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
bye.gif
2 MB, 540x304
I think Marie from Splatoon would be a great choice.
Much better than a generic anime swordsman.

I would also accept Shovel Knight.
>>
>>319496092
He kinda has. The final battle of Smash Tour is basically All-Star Versus.
>>
>>319496104
>Was it just some vague statement that could be associated with pretty much anything
Yep.
>>
>people want Pichu back

Mah niggas. I honestly liked using him in Melee, he was fun to troll people with. But here's some thing that you need to remember about him that work s positives for him coming back:

-His small size and speed and agility make him really hard to hit, especially in the hands of a good player
-His Electric attacks are stronger than Pikachu's with more damage and knockback
-The Rage mechanic in 4 would help Pichu immensely, giving him much-needed power, and he can reach it quickly with his recoil damage, making him a true high-risk high-reward character
-Roy got upgraded to semi-clone status with his return, and Pichu can have a similar treatment, hell they could even replace one or two of his B moves with newer Electric attacks
>>
>>319496236

How many blonde swordsman starring in a part 7 of anything do you know?
>>
>>319496232
My bad, I always forget that Smash Tour exists.
>>
>>319495840
Why would anybody do that? If you actually had a legitimate leak that you knew was going to be verified very shortly, why would you purposefully being as vague and indirect as possible instead of being forward with the truth, and then later it would be shown that your leak was legitimate? Then you would gain notoriety as an actual leaker, rather than relying on other people to blindly interpret your vague clues to reach the intended conclusion (which was only done after the fact, mind you. Look up the Nostradamus Effect).
>>
>>319493223
Want:
Inkling, Banjo, and not Steve.
Expect:
Wolf (or other veteran), Inkling, and yes Steve.
>>
>>319496202
>thinks Cloud is just a "generic anime swordsman" yet wants Meme Knight
You can't be fucking serious.
>>
File: 4623331531.png (704 KB, 1673x1325) Image search: [Google]
4623331531.png
704 KB, 1673x1325
>>319493223
>thinking it won't be pic related
>>
eagerly looking forward to seeing Smash 4's HD version of the original Banjo-Kazooie character render. it's gonna be pretty as fuck.
>>
>>319497373
Go to bed, John.
>>
>>319494610
/v/ would commit suicide.

That'd be cool to see.

I expect him and 2 more 3rd parties in a 3rd party bundle.

No snake though, konami is just....

Wolf isn't being revealed either, my goldfaces are ready.
>>
>>319497791
you fags cant avoid me forever.

I meant cloud by "him"
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.