[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We make the perfect Warhammer 40,000 game Horus Heresy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1916x2052) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1916x2052
ITT: We make the perfect Warhammer 40,000 game

Horus Heresy is fine too
>>
>Powerful weapons and vehicles will need teams to operate effectively or at all!
I love that idea, but holy shit would that be terrible in game.

>You! Spot for enemies and load the machine gun when I'm running low!
>NU! FUK U FAGET! M GUNNA DU WUT I WANT!

I can see it now...
>>
File: swag.gif (357 KB, 440x237) Image search: [Google]
swag.gif
357 KB, 440x237
>>319485898
>Horus Heresy
>>
File: image.jpg (344 KB, 1098x728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
344 KB, 1098x728
>>319485898
A primarch fighting game would be cool. Eldrad, Kharn, Lucius, Garro, Abaddon, and Ahriman can be DLC.
>>
>>319485898
open world
first person
you can build stuff
zombie mode
>>
Let me play as a GOD DAMN TYRANID
>>
>>319486991
>zombie mode
I assume you mean like a horde mode, right? Tyranids, necrons, and orks would all be viable for such a mode.
>>
Should we tell OP about Deathwing?
>>
>>319485898
Okay I'll mention the games first:

Total War

Dawn Of War 2

Supreme Commander

Total War's "select your troops before the battle" makes perfect sense with how the tabletop rules work. You have a particular points limit for both players, and they can select whatever for the battle within that limit. Total War is also in general based on wargaming so taking formations aspects from it works, too.

Dawn Of War 2 may have lacked scale, but they did an excellent job with tactics and the RPG aspect of your Leader/Commander units. Tactics are very important to Warhammer, and so is having cool badass cutomizable Leader units (known as HQ units in tabletop) that are badass on their own AND support the army with buffs. Also having special faction abilities to call on is a cool thing.

The main reason for bringing Supreme Commander into this discussion: the scale. The only RTSs that have true 40k scale are Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander, and sometimes Sins of a Solar Empire. We need FUCK HUEG battles like the fluff/lore not tiny little skirmishes. Epic Armageddon style!
>>
>>319487557
I'm well aware of Deathwing. That's on a much smaller scale than what the pic in the OP details. In addition, the devs haven't said ANYTHING since June so it could be canceled for all we know.
>>
>>319485898
Pretty gud, got me interested.
>>
>>319488002
I want a full Total War scaled experience. I'm talking a galaxy/system grand strategy map where I manage territories, leaders, armies, production, etc., starships/warp travel (including Battlefleet Gothic combat), and TW style land battles.

I should be able to lead the Emperor's glorious crusade or coordinate the Hive Fleet's consumption of all biomass.
>>
>>319488447
Like Chapter Master?
>>
File: hell yeah mother hector.jpg (1 MB, 1250x1780) Image search: [Google]
hell yeah mother hector.jpg
1 MB, 1250x1780
>>319488649
...I'm checking this out
>>
An RTS-like game

Warzone 2100

Company of Heroes

Democracy 3

Set during the Iraq war, you start the game with a company of soldiers and orders to go in and remove terrorist. Having done that, you now have to pacify the area. Cue guerilla warfare. This is where the Warzone 2100 comes in - it's a persistent single map for the entire campaign that expands out as you complete story missions, but it's a huge map (think 1-to-1 scale) and you have to police all of it. Units deploy from offscreen but you need infrastructure like kitchens and barracks to support them - build a massive central fortress or scatter them across the entire province.

Units control much like CoH but on a bigger scale and with a lot of automation possible. Think ArmA 3 AI but less shit. Just select some units and define an area for them to patrol and they do the best that they can. Units are persistent throughout the whole campaign, but there's no RPG stats or any bullshit like that. They do acquire individual upgrades though the longer they're in play - things like tanks getting more jury-rigged reinforcement the longer that they live.

Occupying the territory isn't the hard part though. It's winning the war. A good two thirds of the game should be about politics. Managing the politics of your soldiers, and managing the internal army politics, and the broader politics back home. Things like having to choose between levelling a village with high civilian casualties or clearing it door to door with heavy losses. Maybe one article is blasting you for the outrageous cost of the war while another article in the same paper is complaining about how troops are underfunded and underequipped. And there will be side missions, and they will change every 15 minutes without notifying you and be written in ass-covering doublespeak.

The game does have an end, but the hard part is ending well. Anyone can just blunder around for 15 years and then leave. The challenge is to actually win.
>>
>>319489613
>tfw you didn't see that this was a perfect wh40k game thread, not a perfect game thread
Even though I am anonymous, the shame persists.
>>
>>319489836
The concept is interesting, at least.
>>
File: 1449627406769.jpg (525 KB, 1676x1568) Image search: [Google]
1449627406769.jpg
525 KB, 1676x1568
>>
>>319491142
So... Like LOTR Conquest?
>>
File: butt pug.jpg (92 KB, 509x640) Image search: [Google]
butt pug.jpg
92 KB, 509x640
>>319491142
Game of Thrones drama in Space with Mount and Blade gameplay? Sounds fun.
>>
>>319491142
You might like EYE Divine Cybermancy.
>>
>>319491332

no you faggot, like how you can re-enact the battle for hoth in battlefront 2

though i'd still play it if it was in space
>>
>>319488447
Well, then take my post you replied to, and add Sins Of A Solar Empire/or Homeworld to it, too for space combat.

I personally wanna lead a Black Crusade with Abaddon, then poke fun at Abaddon as I am more successful than he ever was.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 209x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 209x242
The player takes the role of a newly-inducted Fire Warrior, or shas'la. They conduct raids on enemy positions, and defend valuable targets as part of a team. As the player completes objectives and survives encounters, they gradually rank up and have to make new use of gameplay mechanics, such as squad control and customization. As they are promoted the player becomes more and more familiar with Crisis Suits, and their necessary use against gradually tougher and more terrifying foes. Perhaps this can be impressed by the presence of a warp or tyranid incursion, or a lore-friendly viewing of the kind of slaughter a squad of space marines can produce.

As time goes on, the player ranks higher and higher, until they are a shas'o entrusted with defending and capturing entire planets and working on converting them for the Greater Good.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.