[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well? http://strawpoll.me/6216976
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 14
File: aasd.png (378 KB, 854x272) Image search: [Google]
aasd.png
378 KB, 854x272
Well?
http://strawpoll.me/6216976
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL1_ht1EdAU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJl8LDDSrOE
>>
I have 1500 hours on bf3 ps3 and 400 hours on bf4 ps4

Whoever says controller is unacceptable can't aim.

tbqh I don't even play with AA
>>
Not really no. I tried it on my ps3 and it was shit. Played mostly for some single player games.

The nubs lose sensitivity with time
>>
>>319482567
>Halo 5
It's fun

>Quake
Boring shit that only edge /pol/tards and contrarian teens like. Also
>Quake takes skill
>Everything is a fucking recoiless laser gun
M-muh jumping like a retard and running
>>
as long as it works well yes
pc is still better in the long run though
>>
>>319482753
>not even exclusives
Kill yourself
Whoever says controller is acceptable is a filthy casual who needs a dumbed down game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJN1VvfHO4M
>>
>>
>>319483174
>Halo 5
Did you mean CoD : Advanced Warfare 2?
>>
The only shooters worth playing on console are Halo because it's exclusive.

And you can't even do that split-screen anymore.
>>
>>319482506
"acceptable"?
you should really stop caring so much about what other people think OP. Its just video games.
>>
>>319483276
So your argument is aiming is too hard with a controller?

I guess you just like easier games then
>>
>>319482506
Timesplitters exists, so I'd say yeah.
>>
File: 1.png (2 KB, 161x132) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2 KB, 161x132
>>319482753
Nobody says that a controller is unacceptable, it's just that controllers cannot match the precision of a mouse and a keyboard. I've got no problem with guys playing shooters on consoles, unless you people start to believe that your epic controller aiming skills are impressive or you consider yourself some MLG pro. If you want to get serious with any competitive shooter, you better do it on PC and stop wasting your time.

Any mediocre PC CoD player, will rape any ''high skill'' console shooter ''pro''. This post isn't meant to offend anyone btw, just telling the truth.
>>
Where is the option that says "OP is an elitist faggot who can't comprehend chad playing BLOPS3"
>>
>>319483416
>Did you mean CoD : Advanced Warfare 2?
Epic.
>>
>>319483470

You would have a point if every console shooter didn't drown you in autoaim
>>
>>319483174
>It's fun
If you're a casual.
>Boring shit
You didn't even get the point retard. The video shows how absolutely horrible consoleplayers are without assists.
Yes, that takes less skill than something that randomly spreads your fire in a way you can't control and aims for you.
>>
>>319482753
>tbqh I don't even play with AA
This is what console players actually believe.
>>
>>319483470
>put oven mittens on
>aiming is now even "harder"
>I 100% seriously think this makes it an acceptable way to play
>>
>>319483509
A controller can be just as precise if you are good enough.

Wouldn't it make sense for a competitive shooter to be on console becuase of a bigger skill gap? I mean anyone can aim with a mouse.

>>319483679
>>319483662

That is why you disable it

>>319483772
So you want a game with a low skill floor and small skill gap or one that actually requires time and practice to aim?
>>
>>319482753
>I don't even play with AA
It's hardcoded into every console FPS out there you retard. The only ones I know that don't do it is CS:GO and Quake, and nobody plays those on console because it's too hard
>>
>playing FPS on mouse
that's no fun at all, you just move your hand to win and there's no fun in that, controllers are more tricky and fun to play with

unless it's some of those fast passed games like unreal where you had to aim correctly at high speeds, man, I miss those so bad, unreal 4 when?
>>
>>319483669
>If you're a casual.
>le casual meme
I don't get you hardcore shitters. Yeah I love a hard game sometimes but sometimes I wanna play something fucking simple and easy to get into. You're fucking retarded.
>everything must stroke my ego because I have no talent other than vidya. Muh hardcore e-sports 99mph 200% rocket jump snipe on ctf-faicng worlds
We've come full circle with this shit.

>You didn't even get the point retard. The video shows how absolutely horrible consoleplayers are without assists.
Wow it's like thumbsticks are fucking hard to aim with in comparison to a mouse. Of course you fucking dunce. Aim assist on consoles is a necessary evil. Don't like it? Don't play on consoles you fucking sperg.
>>
Doesn't really bother me when others do, so it's totally fine.
>>
>>319483923
Funny because my aim is not effected at all when an enemy walks past it.
>>
>>319483906
>A controller can be just as precise if you are good enough.
No. Nobody in the history of FPS has been competitive with a controller where KB+M is also alowed. See >>319483276
>That is why you disable it
see >>319483679
>>319483923
>low skill floor and small skill gap
Which is what you get with aim assist and controllers and low tickrate servers on console. Again. Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting putting oven mittens on makes it better?
>>
>>319483906
>A controller can be just as precise if you are good enough.
Not really. M+K is just that much more faster than you ever could get with a controller and that's the reason why M+K is always better. No matter how good you get with your controller, if you had put the same time into M+K, you would have become better.
>Wouldn't it make sense for a competitive shooter to be on console because of a bigger skill gap? I mean anyone can aim with a mouse
That would be the case if it wasn't for the aim-assist. Ever tried playing a CoD game on PC with a controller? PC does not have aim-assist and most consoles player struggle with it, because it is just that much harder without it.
>>
>>319484270
Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting making the game easier to aim makes it better?
>>
>>319484187
There are several layers of AA your fucking mong. see >>319482567, he is literally shooting a full player width off and still hitting. Also games like COD have hitboxes that are enormous
>>
>>319484405
I play bf3 on pc with my ps4 controller from time to time. Don't really notice a difference.
>>
>>319482506

only if theres a gun shaped input device otherwise M+KB
>>
File: Crying-baby-013.jpg (32 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Crying-baby-013.jpg
32 KB, 620x372
>casual casual casual
Why are Doom/Quake faggots the most autistic faggots in the world?
>Waaah my shitty arena shooter genre is dead you're all just stupid cazualls.
>>
>>319484413
Yes. As long as it doesn't lower skill ceiling. Which Mouse doesn't. Go play Quake and see if you can even get a single kill, even though it's so "easy".
>literally defending the oven mittens argument
>>
>>319482506
It's not acceptable to play a first person shooter on anything.
>>
>>319484534
Sorry I have never played a halo game ever. I don't really consider it as a competitive shooter.
>>
>>319483174
>It's fun
Some discussion level shit you're bringing here.

>Boring shit that only edge /pol/tards and contrarian teens like. Also
Read above. Why contribute if you don't feel like actually contributing anything? Why exist in this world if you are here to only be a shitter? Get your head out of your ass.

In the same way everything in a modern game is a recoil laser gun. Recoilless means everything aimed is pure player skill.

>M-muh jumping like a retard and running
You don't wanna get shot, right? So you move the fuck around. In modern games you aren't moving the fuck around. It's first person who sees the other person wins. In a way modern games are nothing but glorified camping runs.

The only time recoil and more grounded style of moving works well in a game is when coordinated tactics become an option (Counterstrike for example.)

If you're a game with recoil and little moving around, and there are no tactics to speak of (generic CoD shooter), then there are no redeemable aspects.

Despite that, Black Ops 3 and even Advanced Warfare before it has been doing a better job at making the series feel more fast paced and arcadey with recoil less of a matter, too. So going back on the main topic they are somewhat acceptable on console.

Most acceptable console FPS stuff though is like Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Halo 3, etc. which not only have a more PC-esque style of gameplay, but honestly might have been better on PC.
>>
>>319484774
The same mechanics are in every console shooter. There isn't a single competitive console shooter.
>>
>>319484542
I'm not sure about battlefield, haven't played it on console, but it is pretty noticeable with CoD. It's not a day and night difference, but you notice that something is off. Most of the time it just results in you being worse at the leader boards.
>>
>>319482506
nothing wrong with playing on consoles but a KB+M player will always shit on a controller player in FPS, assuming their skill is equal or a around equal.
>>
>>319484875
Proof?

>Not really. M+K is just that much more faster than you ever could get with a controller and that's the reason why M+K is always better. No matter how good you get with your controller, if you had put the same time into M+K, you would have become better.
Proof?
>>
Halo babbies getting rekt kek
>>
File: angry bear.gif (621 KB, 440x247) Image search: [Google]
angry bear.gif
621 KB, 440x247
>there are people actually voting no
>its even the majority
I wouldn't even claim that playing on console is better. I freely admit that playing with a keyboard and mouse is probably more precise and better. But actually thinking that its unacceptable?
>>319483509
Posts like this make me want to play all of my PC shooters with a PS3 controller just to piss people off
>>
>>319484997
What kind of proof do you expect? But ok, why do you believe there is no cross platform Call of duty for example?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
>>319483943
>Unreal 4 when?
Several months ago, bud.
Google it.
>>
>>319484997
Well, name a game you don't think has AA on console. Even better, name a game you think is competitive. Also look at the quake video. Look at how absolutely terrible consolefags actually are when there's no assists
Secondly, again Nobody in the history of FPS has been competitive with a controller where KB+M is also allowed.
>>
>>319483679
I was playing 007 Nightfire with no AA a few days ago
>>
>>319484997
>Proof?
Are you serious? Ask anyone that's used Controller supported FPS on PC against M/KB users. They always say that they get absolutely rekt and that M/KB users were much faster and more accurate.
>>
now that the dust has settled and we all agree fps shouldn't be played on consoles, can we all agree pc is a CoD machine?
>>
>>319482506
What about a 3rd person shooter in which any gun can go into first person for more accurate shooting, such as in MGSV?
>>
File: gUntitled.png (14 KB, 394x403) Image search: [Google]
gUntitled.png
14 KB, 394x403
>38% casuals on /v/
less than I expected actually
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?=P_rtwYWRBEk
>>
>>319485460
Secondly, again Nobody in the history of FPS has been competitive with a controller where KB+M is also allowed.
How do you know this?

>Well, name a game you don't think has AA on console. Even better, name a game you think is competitive. Also look at the quake video. Look at how absolutely terrible consolefags actually are when there's no assists
There is several games where you can truly disable AA. Just because halo 5 does it doesn't mean everyone else does it.

>>319485579
Are you serious? Ask the average person thats used Controller supported FPS on PC against M/KB users. They always say that they get absolutely rekt and that M/KB users were much faster and more accurate.
fify
>>
>>319485643
Open world games on console are just as unacceptable as FPS games
>>
>>319485770
False
>>
>>319485714
oops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_rtwYWRBEk
>>
>>319485742
>average person
So most gamers? Got it.
>>
>>319482506
"Is it acceptable?"
Sure.

Do I recommend it? (which is the real question to ask)
No.
>>
>>319485837
Yea the casual audience
>>
>>31948570
MGS5 with a controller:
>can slightly tilt the analog stick or tilt it more to adjust speed of movement
MGS5 without a controller
>all movement is the same speed and you have to just tap the WASD keys to move slower
>>
>>319485881
In other words M/KB is superior for the average person

Thanks
>>
>>319485996
Then why do you say it is causal?

I mean your argument is controllers are for casuals however when I defend it you say controllers are too hard to use.

Lmao can you at least be consistent?
>>
>>319482926

Same here though I had a 360. Coming from PC the nubs really aren't precise which is why they chuck auto aim in there. Was turned off after a bit since I couldn't do a 180 in an instant even with the highest sensitivity and kill whoever got behind me.
>>
Unless any of you virgins are getting paid to play videogames please explain to me how M+K being more "professional" or "Competitive" matters

youj can't
loser virgins
>>
>>319485742
>How do you know this?
Because controller is just so useless for FPS and in 25 years I've never heard of a single one.
>buh-buh that doesn't PROVE it.
Sure faggot. Find me an example then. A SINGLE example
>There is several games where you can truly disable AA.
Well, name a game you don't think has AA on console. Even better, name a game you think is competitive.
>>
>>319486279
i can 360 no scope you faster faggot
>>
A 40/60 split

I've been getting increasingly impressed with how open-minded /v/ has been lately.
>>
>>319485812
No.
>loading screens everywhere
>shit draw distance
>10 times less objects
>10 times less dynamic objects
>crash plane into a tree that hasn't finished loading yet
>>
>>319486279
>he doesn't want to give it his very best
apply yourself anon
>>
File: 1424369482185.jpg (484 KB, 1000x1277) Image search: [Google]
1424369482185.jpg
484 KB, 1000x1277
There's nothing wrong with console shooters if that's what you're used to, some of those old days sitting comfortably with friends playing Halo were really enjoyable.
I think the stigma that comes with console shooters is the kind of compromises that have to be made specifically because of the controller. Aiming is slower, which means movement speed needs to be slower to compensate, which also affects things like the health/shield system. There's just a whole host of design decisions that have to be made to make the shooter work well for console players, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that.
What IS wrong, and what makes people fucking angry at console shooters, is when devs stick these controller-centric features in PC games. That shit does not translate well at all because the experience will always be inherently different, but devs still chase it because they want multiplat money.
New DOOM is the most recent casualty of this, and it's pretty infuriating to see happen in such a visually promising reboot.
>>
>>319482506
Yes. Doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot for doing it though.
>>
>>319486279

>virgins
>loser virgins
>youj can't

literally so mad you can't type right and so much projection

not our fault your poorfag ass is stuck on consoles
>>
>>319486362
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cs+go+player+using+a+controller+in+a+comp+match
Here you go.

Didn't relize that would be too hard that you could do it yourself, but then again look how bad your argument is lol
>>
>>319482506
It's not even acceptable to still play video games past your teens
>>
>>319486452
No planes in MGSV, babbabouie
>>
>>319486452
False
>>
>>319486628
M8 my shitty laptop probably costs more than your "rig." I didn't build a gaming PC because I really didn't value my virginity so much that I felt I needed to protect it by building a sperg machine.
>>
>>319486661
Did you even check your own link retard? There's not a single example in there.

How about you name a game you don't think has AA on console. Even better, name a game you think is competitive.
>>
>>319487168
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=console+fps+without+aim+assist
>>
>>319483174
>first thing you think of to insult quake is that the players must be from /pol/
Either fairly weak troll accidentally using buzzwords or a next-level retard who uses "racist" as an excuse for basically everything.
>>
File: PC kills consoles.jpg (27 KB, 320x131) Image search: [Google]
PC kills consoles.jpg
27 KB, 320x131
>>319482506

>I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.

>That's not entirely surprising to anyone who's fragged on both platforms—Matt Buchanan says "i'd slaughter anybody using a controller if i had a keyboard and mouse"—but it's interesting nevertheless to hear just how thoroughly the console gamers supposedly got their asses whooped.

>http://gizmodo.com/5593116/were-pc-gamers-too-good-for-microsofts-cross-platform-gaming-project
>>
>>319483174
halo 5 was a flop no one cares about your niche console
>>
>>319487232
TOP FUCKING LEL. More than half of those are people explaining or wondering why all FPS games on console have AA. The rest are just general discussion.
Also I accept that by not answering the previous point you admit that you were wrong and didn't even check you own link. (And then you made the same mistake again)
>>
>>319487232
>post link to win argument
>it proves the other guy right
Consoletards everybody. These are the kind of people who play FPS with a controller
>>
>>319487809
see
>>319483923
>>
>>319487998
>posts to win argument
>it proves the other guy right
PKeks everybody. These are the kind of people who like playing fps on easy mode
>>
>>319487998
See my own post?
See my own post where I tell you that I only know of 2 games out of >1000 FPSes on console that aren't dumbed down with literal auto aiming, and nobody plays them because it's too hard for them?
If you think you made a point you need to read the quote chain again. Also you have admitted you're wrong on every single point so far by just giving up arguing it
>>
Why would it be unacceptable for console users to play FPS?
They have no idea that they're all shit at FPS but does it make it unacceptable??
>>
>>319488596
>They have no idea
Yes, it's unacceptable to be that stupid. And developers adjust their games to these people
>>
>>319488596
/v/ is filled with crossposters from /rpcmasterrace that go absolutely batshit rabid at the mention of consoles or controllers now. I legitimately had someone trying to argue to me the other day that the PC edition of DMC3 is the definitive edition and that hack n slashes (or spectacle fighters if you want to use the new faggy name) are better played with M+K
>>
>>319488546
>Moving goal posts
>>
>>319488875
Well the PC edition is objectively better because you can play with any controller you want in greater fidelity
>>
>>319488996
You have very obviously never played the PC edition of DMC3. Go and buy it now, I'll wait.
>>
>>319488970
No. You are very bad at reading English. Point out where I said there's no console games without AA. I said I only know of two. And you seem to agree that there are only those two now even though you didn't initially.
>>
>>319489116
No I emulated it with any controller i wanted want in greater fidelity. The emulation was perfect. It's objectively better
>>
Threads like this are so fucking cute.

controller vs controller is fine
kb/mouse vs kb/mouse is fine

you fucking children act like tools trying to be so superior, fuck off back to /r/pcmasterrace
>>
>>319489347
How else can I justify the $1400 virgin protection amulet I bought after working at mcdonalds for half a year?
>>
>>319489347
>controller vs controller is fine
Not for FPS games. It requires the entire game to be dumbed down. Also /v/ has always been PC centric. Even after the /vg/ split
>>
>>319489590

>Also /v/ has always been PC centric. Even after the /vg/ split

Bullshit. /v/ prior to 2007 was almost exclusive discussion about Japanese games, which primarily were on the DS, PS2 and PSP.

Not that you'd know you fucking faggot.
>>
>>319489590
no, controller vs controller is still fine, grow the fuck up. if you are good with one input device that doesnt mean you will excel in another
>>
>>319489975
Thank God I came here after 2007 holy shit this website would've given me cancer
>>
>>319490032
>controller vs controller is still fine
Not for FPS games. It requires the entire game to be dumbed down. Why do you think shooters are slow and linear with aim assist and cover systems now?
>if you are good with one input device that doesnt mean you will excel in another
Nobody has said that
>>
>>319490209
>this website would've given me cancer
In exchange ilk of your kind gave the website cancer.

It's like poetry.
>>
>>319490256
again, you are trying to act tough. you would probably get shit on in something like halo. and just because you dont like that game doesnt excuse that fact.

whatever, you arent going to convince anyone who isnt trying to fit in here
>>
File: 3333.png (7 KB, 774x240) Image search: [Google]
3333.png
7 KB, 774x240
>>319489975
No it wasn't. Maybe you fell for the loud minority meme.
>>
>>319490392
What does that have to do with the fact that FPSes are dumbed down for console users?
>>
>>319490567
aim assist doesnt mean its dumbed down, you arent superior as much as reddit wants you to believe
>>
>>319490432
Wow, your poll conducted in 2015 has a lot of bearing to the mindset of this website prior to the year 2007.

You are objectively wrong. Almost the entirety of 4chan prior to 2007 was EXTREMELY Japanese centered. Then bullshit with scientology happened and normalfags from everywhere (SA and NG) flooded in.
>>
>>319490641
>aim assist doesnt mean its dumbed down
Wow. I don't even think I have to say anything.
>>
>>319482506
Acceptable, certainly not optimal though nor would I recommend it.

>>319482753
>Whoever says controller is unacceptable can't aim.
Funny, considering nearly every FPS on console has ridiculous aim assist.

>tbqh I don't even play with AA
Because consoles can't into AA.
>>
>>319490386
I think we fixed it desu, looks fine to me
Only problems I see are the weebfest pedo threads on here every day
>>
>>319490802
>conducted in 2015
no
>You are objectively wrong based on my decade old memory
That's not what objectively means. I'm pretty sure you fell for the loud minority meme.
>>
>>319491047
It's current gen consoles fuckface which means it was 2013 at the very earliest. 2013 /v/ and 2006 /v/ are entirely different, maybe if you scrounge around on reddit you can find some screenshots of how this website used to be.
>>
File: fbd.png (16 KB, 1022x261) Image search: [Google]
fbd.png
16 KB, 1022x261
>>
>>319491223
>it was 2013
yes
>2013 /v/ and 2006 /v/ are entirely different
yes, but not like you say it was. Saying it again doesn't make it so. You're dangerously close to saying the classic "/b/ used to be good"
>>
>>319483509
truth spoken
>>
>>319491490
/b/ has always been shit, it used to be mostly anime shitposting though. I know it's painful to you to find out that the chinese cartoon image board you discovered in 2010 used to be heavily influenced by anime and manga, including the gaming section, but it's entirely true.
>>
>>319482506
that question is stupid, of course it is acceptable to play shit like Timesplitters 2 with a controller, it still is an FPS.

Now for most modern games it is still acceptable, just much worse than using a mouse.
>>
>>319491807
"heavily influenced by anime and manga" is not "almost exclusive discussion about Japanese games"
Saying it again doesn't make it so.
>>
>>319483286
No
>>
>>319483507
This guy gets it

Timesplitters is GOAT
>>
Well they are more popular on console, so it's obvious what the answer to your question is OP
>>
>>319491490
Once upon a time /b/ was not a total shithole though. There actually used to be a time when it wasn't just porn and DUDE WEED LMAO threads.
>>
File: 1340490999669.jpg (240 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1340490999669.jpg
240 KB, 2048x1536
>>319482506
Where's the "play where ever the fuck you want" option?
>>
Playing cod zombies on local co-op casually is fun, but playing an fps in a competitive multiplayer setting is retarded, it's a lot more fun and feels more rewarding to use a mouse.
>>
>>319492490
Different. Not better newfag.
Most of the stuff that's popular on 9gag now was popular on /b/ then
>>
>>319492570
Confirmed for being too young to remember what /b/ was like in the past.
>>
File: 1417573744505.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1417573744505.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
>>319483174
Why would you associate quake with /pol/ though?
There is literally nothing that ties the two together.
>>
>>319492845
Saying it again doesn't make it so. You're literally saying the classic "/b/ used to be good"
>>
>>319492504
that would be 'yes', retard
>>
>>319487168
Gears
>>
This is the stupidest thread I've seen all day.

>is it acceptable to play videogames on a videogame platform?
>>
>>319493317
>this is what consoletards actually believe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSIraAvkLrY
>>
File: super confused.png (143 KB, 320x342) Image search: [Google]
super confused.png
143 KB, 320x342
>>319492504
Wouldn't that just be "yes"?
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.