[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: vanilla wow.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vanilla wow.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
Just downloaded Nostalrius, been playing from vanilla to WoD, but finally got fed up of retail and I'm feeling for that vanilla feel again.

I've been a warrior main since the start, though I'm feeling something a little different this time, what should I level? A hunter, for that true pet chemistry, or a warrior again, though if I recall that grind and play style was near impossible and could be quite frustrating at times.

What does /v think, what should I level or what was your favourite class during vanilla?
General WoW thread
>>
What faction u want senpai? Ill level with you
>>
>>319462878
Most likely Horde, never been a fan of ally really
>>
>>319461424
There's a /nosg/ on /vg/.
>>
>>319463130
Yep just found it, posted there too ty
>>
Hunter is great for ezmode faceroll leveling and amazing for farming/gathering at 60. They are decent for raiding and pvp, but it's clunky.

If you want to be OP in pvp - make a Warlock or a Mage.
>>
Mage or Rogue
>>
>>319461424
Warriors are currently the most played class on Nost, however most are fury at 60. Be a tank and you'll get groups with no problem.

You'll die quite a bit at the start, but it gets better and better as you level.
>>
>>319463969
Yeah I do want an easy levelling experience somewhat, and I'm not too bothered for pvp though I do want to end game raid as much as I can. What do you mean by Clunky though?
>>319464424
It's suppose to be quiet hard at the start I've heard, though around what level does it start to improve?

Also, if hunter or warrior, what race?
>>
>>319464606
It's easy enough at the very start, around mid-barrens it gets hard, then gets better as you get some gear from instances, and then gets good once you get WW Axe.

Orc or troll for hunter pve, tauren is good for pvp.

Orc for warrior pve dps, tauren for warrior tanking, undead or tauren for warrior pvp
>>
>>319464606
He probably means the rotation and pet controlling is clunky in Vanilla. Also race as a Hunter doesn't matter as much, but for Warrior you should probably do something high high Strength or something like Dwarf, Orc, or Tauren, while avoiding something like Gnomes.
Really though just play what you want it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>319465003
If we're talking alliance warriors, then it's human for pve dps, night elf for pve tanking, and human or gnome for pvp.
>>
>>319461424
Vanilla was shit, stop trying to push your shitty server here
>>
>>319464606
>What do you mean by Clunky though?

Some of the mechanics can be a bit awkward. You can't turn on auto shot while running and unless you have fairly low latency it often doesn't register that you have stopped because the server thinks that you are still moving. You usually end up sitting there waiting the better part of a second to turn it on. This can also create issues where you miss out on attacks because of minimum range. There are a few other mechanics like having to passive your pet and feign to drop traps in combat (macro) but the auto shot is the big one for me.
>>
>>319465778
So these are somewhat major problems for playing a hunter? Does it seriously upset play-through and dps, or is it more of a inconvenience?
>>
>>319466040
Not really. It's a minor nuisance/quality of life thing that only really applies to soloing and pvp.
>>
>>319466328
Ok thank you very much anon
>>
File: oh shit nigger what you doing.png (387 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
oh shit nigger what you doing.png
387 KB, 598x369
>>319465771
>>
>>319465778

Theres also setting up the wind serpents for dps.

A hunter in my guild said that they don't move themselves into position for their lightning breath automatically so what he had to was put it on auto attack and move it into range manually, then put it on stay and turn on the lightning again.

Sounds like an absolute pain in the ass but apparently the ZG serpents are like a 60-70 dps increase which is absolutely bananas.
>>
File: Free throws up in dat pussy..gif (4 MB, 344x203) Image search: [Google]
Free throws up in dat pussy..gif
4 MB, 344x203
>Got a 48 Troll shammy on here in a breddy gud raiding guild.
>Have a Lv48 PLD on FF14
>Nabbed Heavensward for 20 buckaroonies and free time. Also came with free vanilla copy.
WHAT SHOULD I PLAY ANONS?
FUCK THE MID 40S-60 LEVELING IS SO
FUCKING
LONG.
>Still using Ravager at almost 50.
Shit sucks m8. Windfury literally carries my DPS.
>>
>>319467081
Heavensward is really fun.
>>
>>319465771
This, vanilla was literally the worst WoW has ever been
>>
File: MAGICS.gif (3 MB, 758x536) Image search: [Google]
MAGICS.gif
3 MB, 758x536
>>319467309
What should I do right now? I'm still waiting for my copy from FUCKING GAMESTOOP
>>
>>319467081

>Get shaman to 60
>get draconic meme from bwl
>make a wangfury one shot montage

shamans are cancer
>>
>>319467560
>Implying I won't be forced into being a chainheal-slut.
Also kinda wanna check out elemental since I always go enh.
>>
>>319467446
Well you still haven't finished ffxiv mainline so you should probably do that so you can hop into heavensward straight away. Also the end of vanilla is the dopest 30 minute cutscene where shit hits the fan.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-24+at+12.32.33).png (574 KB, 378x678) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-24+at+12.32.33).png
574 KB, 378x678
Honestly mage leveling seems like the most fun solo. They can make their own food/water and aoe like crazy. Theyre also pretty good endgame pve/pvp. If you like Pvp more id say go warlock/hunter.

Im leveling a paladin on nostalrius right now. Im level 46 and the grind is reaching critical mass. Probably going to spec holy and start gearing so i can get easy spots in Dire Maul, Strat, Scolo and BRS
>>
>>319467998
Is that your character currently? I love the armour design, the colour scheme matches very well
>>
>>319468308
>matches
lmao

but yeah Ive always hated that about WoW. Not too many actually viable sets until Tier peices or pvp sets. Going to have to look like a clown until then.
>>
File: you're gonna go far kid.gif (375 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
you're gonna go far kid.gif
375 KB, 256x256
>>319467763
>dopest
>"oh shit did this guy just lose an arm"
>"fuck he's defending us, buying us time to escape"
LETS ALL FUCKING NOD AT EACH OTHER AND NOT LEAVE, LETS JUST STAND HERE AND CONTEMPLATE OUR NEXT MOVE
>finally we fucking left the room
>oh i hear soldiers coming! You guys go on ahead we'll hold them off
FUCKERS JUST KEEP RUNNING WHY ARE WE STOPPED YOU FUCKS LETS JUST GO FUCK YOU SHITTY FUCKING MONK AND MAGE
>"ill bring down the gate so they cant chase you!"
FUCKER YOU COULD HAVE DONE THAT WHILE ALSO BEING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FUCKING GATE SO WE CAN KEEP FUCKING RUNNING YOU GIANT COCKSUCKING FAGGOTS
>here look, a secret passage, go! I'll stay behind and guard the entrance!
FUCK JUST FUCKING RUN IF YOU STAND BY THE ENTRANCE IT WONT BE A FUCKING SECRET YOU FUCKING HOLY FUCKFACE THIS IS LITERALLY THE FUCKING STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN
-SKIP CUTSCENE-
>Its just us two but i see a shadow, go on ahead ill
-SKIP CUTSCENE-
>Im by myself, standing outside the gates, doing jack shit
-SKIP CUTSCENE-
>im in a kart with some fucking deus ex machina and a worthless character nobody gives a fuck about
-UNINSTALL THE FUCKING GAME FUCK THIS SHIT IM DONE-
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.